previous.jsonlz4

I had a script that used previous.js to determine how many windows and
tabs Firefox is using. In Firefox 58 previous.js has become
previous.jsonlz4.

Looking to the extension I would expect it to be a lz4 compressed
file. (It went from 1.8M to 79K.) But when I try:
    lz4 -d previous.jsonlz4 previous.json
I get:
    Error 44 : Unrecognized header : file cannot be decoded

So how can I decompress this file?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

On 02/10/2018 12:41 PM, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I had a script that used previous.js to determine how many windows and
> tabs Firefox is using. In Firefox 58 previous.js has become
> previous.jsonlz4.
>
> Looking to the extension I would expect it to be a lz4 compressed
> file. (It went from 1.8M to 79K.) But when I try:
>      lz4 -d previous.jsonlz4 previous.json
> I get:
>      Error 44 : Unrecognized header : file cannot be decoded
>
> So how can I decompress this file?

What you're looking for is something to decompress MozLz40.
You can try this one: https://gist.github.com/Tblue/62ff47bef7f894e92ed5
1
dillinger
2/10/2018 5:29:14 PM
dillinger <dillinger@invalid.not> writes:

> On 02/10/2018 12:41 PM, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>> I had a script that used previous.js to determine how many windows and
>> tabs Firefox is using. In Firefox 58 previous.js has become
>> previous.jsonlz4.
>>
>> Looking to the extension I would expect it to be a lz4 compressed
>> file. (It went from 1.8M to 79K.) But when I try:
>>      lz4 -d previous.jsonlz4 previous.json
>> I get:
>>      Error 44 : Unrecognized header : file cannot be decoded
>>
>> So how can I decompress this file?
>>

> What you're looking for is something to decompress MozLz40.
> You can try this one: https://gist.github.com/Tblue/62ff47bef7f894e92ed5

Thank you: I will look into it.

--
Cecil Westerhof