Pinned tab link behavior question

I have several pinned tabs for news sites, NY Times, Wall Street
Journal, Washington Post, etc.

When I click links on those tabs, the links do not open in a new tab,
rather they open in the same tab as most links on those sites are
internal.

I would like for all links on those pinned tabs to open in new tabs,
is there a way to accomplish this other than using the right click
context menu?

Thanks.
0
Lab
7/9/2018 8:33:56 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24318 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Lab Lover wrote:

> I have several pinned tabs for news sites, NY Times, Wall Street
> Journal, Washington Post, etc.
>
> When I click links on those tabs, the links do not open in a new tab,
> rather they open in the same tab as most links on those sites are
> internal.
>
> I would like for all links on those pinned tabs to open in new tabs, is
> there a way to accomplish this other than using the right click context
> menu?

Hold down the Control key when clicking the links. (a feature since Tabs
were new)
0
Richard
7/9/2018 9:21:17 PM
On Mon, 09 Jul 2018 16:21:17 -0500, Richard Alan <ralan@nospam.org>
wrote:

>Lab Lover wrote:
>
>> I have several pinned tabs for news sites, NY Times, Wall Street
>> Journal, Washington Post, etc.
>>
>> When I click links on those tabs, the links do not open in a new tab,
>> rather they open in the same tab as most links on those sites are
>> internal.
>>
>> I would like for all links on those pinned tabs to open in new tabs, is
>> there a way to accomplish this other than using the right click context
>> menu?
>
>Hold down the Control key when clicking the links. (a feature since Tabs
>were new)

Thank you, that is a manual work-around but, I am still looking for an
automatic way for that to happen.
0
Lab
7/9/2018 10:52:27 PM
In message
<mailman.27.1531176782.17373.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Lab
Lover <Labs@rule.com> writes:
>On Mon, 09 Jul 2018 16:21:17 -0500, Richard Alan <ralan@nospam.org>
>wrote:
>
>>Lab Lover wrote:
>>
>>> I have several pinned tabs for news sites, NY Times, Wall Street
>>> Journal, Washington Post, etc.
>>>
>>> When I click links on those tabs, the links do not open in a new tab,
>>> rather they open in the same tab as most links on those sites are
>>> internal.

Are you telling us that (that most links on those sites are internal)
just in passing, or do you mean that any which _are_ external _do_ open
in new tabs?

>>> I would like for all links on those pinned tabs to open in new tabs, is
>>> there a way to accomplish this other than using the right click context
>>> menu?
>>
>>Hold down the Control key when clicking the links. (a feature since Tabs
>>were new)
>
>Thank you, that is a manual work-around but, I am still looking for an
>automatic way for that to happen.

Is it only on your "pinnned" tabs that this problem [or "feature" (-:]
is evident?

Sorry I can't answer your quest, but I hope the answers to my
clarification questions might help those who can.

Veni, Vidi, Vomit (I came, I saw, I was ill) - mik@saslimited.demon.co.uk, 1998
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 12:59:55 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
<G6JPG-255@255soft.uk> wrote:

>In message
><mailman.27.1531176782.17373.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Lab
>Lover <Labs@rule.com> writes:
>>On Mon, 09 Jul 2018 16:21:17 -0500, Richard Alan <ralan@nospam.org>
>>wrote:

>Are you telling us that (that most links on those sites are internal)
>just in passing, or do you mean that any which _are_ external _do_ open
>in new tabs?

John, pinned tabs are supposed to open external links in new tabs by
design.

>>>Hold down the Control key when clicking the links. (a feature since Tabs
>>>were new)
>>
>>Thank you, that is a manual work-around but, I am still looking for an
>>automatic way for that to happen.
>
>Is it only on your "pinnned" tabs that this problem [or "feature" (-:]
>is evident?
>
>Sorry I can't answer your quest, but I hope the answers to my
>clarification questions might help those who can.

You dashed my hopes, I thought that since you were chiming in that you
could actually help.  Oh well.
0
Lab
7/10/2018 8:07:35 PM
On Mon, 09 Jul 2018 13:33:56 -0700, Lab Lover <Labs@rule.com> wrote:

>I have several pinned tabs for news sites, NY Times, Wall Street
>Journal, Washington Post, etc.
>
>When I click links on those tabs, the links do not open in a new tab,
>rather they open in the same tab as most links on those sites are
>internal.
>
>I would like for all links on those pinned tabs to open in new tabs,
>is there a way to accomplish this other than using the right click
>context menu?

Answering my own question.

It turns out what I wanted to accomplish is known as "locking" a tab.
No page changes allowed in that tab.

I found an extension named "Tabloc" which seems to accomplish what I
need.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tabloc/?src=search

Thanks to all who considered my query.
0