Only Firefox Get "Error code 500. Message: Internal Server Error"

I just started having a problem in Firefox 1.5.07, but not Opera or IE,
when every I get to a site where where I'm directed to an htpps page, I
get this diagnostic:
      Error code 500. Message: Internal Server Error.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and have cleared all personal
data, cookies, files, directories, etc. I'm stuck!  What can I do?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Trish

0
Trish
10/18/2006 7:55:07 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

Trish wrote:
> I just started having a problem in Firefox 1.5.07, but not Opera or
> IE, when every I get to a site where where I'm directed to an htpps
> page, I get this diagnostic: Error code 500. Message: Internal Server
>  Error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and have cleared all
>  personal data, cookies, files, directories, etc. I'm stuck!  What
> can I do?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Trish

Please post an url of such web site so that we also can check
0
Nir
10/18/2006 8:33:35 PM

On Oct 18, 1:33 pm, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > TrishPlease post an url of such web site so that we also can check

Thanks, Nir.
Here;s one:
https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl&ltmpl=cm_wsad&ltmplcache=2

And
another:https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.page=p1&.partner=&.intl=us&.src=my&.done=http://my.yahoo.com

Trish

0
Trish
10/18/2006 8:36:42 PM
Trish wrote:

> On Oct 18, 1:33 pm, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> TrishPlease post an url of such web site so that we also can check
>
> Thanks, Nir.
> Here;s one:
> https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl&ltmpl=cm_wsad&ltmplcache=2
>
> And
> another:https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.page=p1&.partner=&.intl=us&.src=my&.done=http://my.yahoo.com
>
> Trish

The first one does not work for me.  I get a "The page isn't redirecting
properly" message.  The second one works.  I am using Bon Echo version 2.0.
0
EE
10/18/2006 9:25:28 PM
Trish wrote:

> On Oct 18, 1:33 pm, Nir <nir....@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> TrishPlease post an url of such web site so that we also can check
>
> Thanks, Nir.
> Here;s one:
> https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl&ltmpl=cm_wsad&ltmplcache=2
>
> And
> another:https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.page=p1&.partner=&.intl=us&.src=my&.done=http://my.yahoo.com
>
> Trish

Both working fine here, FF 2.0 RC3.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
10/18/2006 10:51:31 PM
Thanks, Lee.  But I'd bet they would work fine for others.  The URLs
work for me too with Opera and IE - and they worked with my Firefox
until yesterday (maybe coincidently, but the problem began a day after
I installed the Google toolbar extension which I also removed).  I'm
thinking it's a corruption in my copy of Firefox.  But since I've
already uninstalled and reinstalled it, deleted all temp files and
cache, deleted the Firefox directory, etc. - what's left for me to try.
 I've thought of the registry, but I have to tell you, the thought of
that really gives me pause.

Any ideas?

Trish

0
Trish
10/18/2006 11:34:27 PM
Trish wrote:
> Thanks, Lee.  But I'd bet they would work fine for others.  The URLs
> work for me too with Opera and IE - and they worked with my Firefox
> until yesterday (maybe coincidently, but the problem began a day after
> I installed the Google toolbar extension which I also removed).  I'm
> thinking it's a corruption in my copy of Firefox.  But since I've
> already uninstalled and reinstalled it, deleted all temp files and
> cache, deleted the Firefox directory, etc. - what's left for me to try.
>  I've thought of the registry, but I have to tell you, the thought of
> that really gives me pause.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Trish

Hi Trish,

Please quote some relevant text, in order to give context to your
response. See the posting Etiquette as linked in my sig for more
information.

Reinstalling is almost never going to accomplish anything, since the
problem is almost always in your profile, which is untouched by a reinstall.

Lets do some of the standard troubleshooting.  First of all, open
Firefox in Safe mode:

Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

Do the pages behave any better in safe mode?

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
10/18/2006 11:44:39 PM
Trish wrote:
> Thanks, Lee.  But I'd bet they would work fine for others.  The URLs
> work for me too with Opera and IE - and they worked with my Firefox
> until yesterday (maybe coincidently, but the problem began a day after
> I installed the Google toolbar extension which I also removed).  I'm
> thinking it's a corruption in my copy of Firefox.  But since I've
> already uninstalled and reinstalled it, deleted all temp files and
> cache, deleted the Firefox directory, etc. - what's left for me to try.
>  I've thought of the registry, but I have to tell you, the thought of
> that really gives me pause.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Trish

Check Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Security  Make sure all three protocols
are checked.
--
Irwin
EVERYBODY SHOULD TAKE A TOUR OF

Trish

On Oct 18, 9:12 pm, Irwin Greenwald
> > Trish heck Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Security  Make sure all three protocols
> are checked.
> --
> Irwin
> EVERYBODY SHOULD TAKE A TOUR OFhttp://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page
> Managing TB Profiles:http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
> Managing FF Profiles:http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

0
Trish
10/19/2006 6:18:22 AM
On 19.10.2006 08:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Trish to
generate the following:? :

>Thanks a lot for your response, Irwin.  Unfortunately, all three are
>currently check.  Any other possibilities?
>
>Trish
>
>On Oct 18, 9:12 pm, Irwin Greenwald
>

>>>Trish heck Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Security  Make sure all three protocols
>>>

>>are checked.
>>--
>>Irwin
>>EVERYBODY SHOULD TAKE A TOUR OFhttp://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page
>>Managing TB Profiles:http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
>>Managing FF Profiles:http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

try the usual (and *first* ) option whenever FF can't connect....

CLOSE FF
open your Firewall management page and *DELETE* Firefox from the
"Allowed" list
RESTART Firefox - your Firewall should now ask for permission to connect
FF to the internet
ALLOW FF to connect
see if you can get to those URLs

reg
0
squaredancer
10/19/2006 9:57:18 AM
suaredancer, thanks a lot for your input, but all I'm using is XP's
passive firewall.  It has no mechanism for program control.

Any other ideas?

Trish

On Oct 19, 2:57 am, squaredancer <squaredan...@t-online.de>

> CLOSE FF
> open your Firewall management page and *DELETE* Firefox from the
> "Allowed" list
> RESTART Firefox - your Firewall should now ask for permission to connect
> FF to the internet
> ALLOW FF to connect
> see if you can get to those URLs
>
> reg

0
Trish
10/19/2006 5:22:57 PM
Trish wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your response, Irwin.  Unfortunately, all three are
> currently check.  Any other possibilities?
>
> Trish
>
> On Oct 18, 9:12 pm, Irwin Greenwald
>>> Trish heck Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Security  Make sure all three protocols
>> are checked.
>> --
>> Irwin
>> EVERYBODY SHOULD TAKE A TOUR OFhttp://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page
>> Managing TB Profiles:http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
>> Managing FF Profiles:http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

Please bottom post in these newsgroups (i.e., place your reply below the
quoted text), as I am doing here.

See http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
for further information.  Thanks!

My only other suggestion is to follow Lee's advice and try it in Safe
Mode.  My guess is that some residue of the Google Toolbar extension is
still sitting around somewhere.

--
Irwin
EVERYBODY SHOULD TAKE A TOUR OF
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page
Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
0
Irwin
10/19/2006 9:46:38 PM
On 19.10.2006 19:22, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Trish to
generate the following:? :

>suaredancer, thanks a lot for your input, but all I'm using is XP's
>passive firewall.  It has no mechanism for program control.
>
>Any other ideas?
>
>Trish
>
>On Oct 19, 2:57 am, squaredancer <squaredan...@t-online.de>
>

>>CLOSE FF
>>open your Firewall management page and *DELETE* Firefox from the
>>"Allowed" list
>>RESTART Firefox - your Firewall should now ask for permission to connect
>>FF to the internet
>>ALLOW FF to connect
>>see if you can get to those URLs
>>
>>reg

Open Control Panel>>Security Center
at the bottom, click on "Windows Firewall"
open Tab "Exceptions"
IF  Firefox is listed there (ticked [  ] box)  UNtick it

There is a [Programs] button below the centre field - it lists loads of
programs but I've no idea as to what it's for, as I don't use the very
insecure Win-Firewall.

you may like to de-activate the Win-Firewall to experiment with
contacting the internet...  although I would advise you to install
something like ZoneAlarm first - there are several very good, FREE
firewalls to be had!

reg

0
squaredancer

Message="The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error."
 HI,when I try to call a simple web method with parameters using HTTP Post I am getting this error "Message="The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.""  This My Web Method [WebMethod]        public string getDataWithParm1(string aaa)        {            string ss= "yytry";            ss =ss + " asdfg" ;            r...

How to solve:"The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. "
 I am working On asp.net2.0(c#) In creating rss i used a user control by writing xml dynamically. It is working well in my personal server but in my client server it is producing error such that.. Server Error in '/GetReception' Application. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server return...

IIS7 + HttpModule = "HTTP Error 500
I am trying to implement an HttpModule to run under IIS7 on Vista Beta 2, but cannot seem to get it to work. I have implemented a simple .aspx page to verify that it isn't a Framework issue and the page works fine.I have written an exeedingly simple HttpModule to verify the issue:using System;using System.Web;namespace Spike.Web{    public class DocumentModule : IHttpModule    {        public void Dispose()        { }        public void Init(HttpApplication c...

Error in IIS 5.0: "HTTP 500
Error in IIS 5.0: "HTTP 500 - Internal server error" Im running Windows 2000 Professional SP4. When I install IIS and open the page http://localhost/ in IE6, it has generated error: "HTTP 500 - Internal server error". I has reinstalled many times but I always receive the above error. How can I fix this error ?. Thank you. P/S: When I browse the file "localstart.asp" in Default Web Site ( Internet Services Manager ) IE has generated the error: "The remote procedure call failed and did not execute"....

FCK Editor "XML Request Error Internal server Error (500)"
Hi,     I don't know whether this is the right place to post my question.    I used FCK Editor 2.2 in my asp.net 2.0 application. While inserting the image by clicking the Browse Server button i am getting the "XML Request Error Internal Server Error(500)" only in online. It works fine locally. I have changed the web.config as <add key="FCKEditor" Userfilepath="http://www.mysite.com/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley"/> I still get this error. I don't know how to rectify this problem. Please give me an ...

"Copy Project" results in: HTTP:/1.1 500 "Internal Server Error"
Hi all,   I have tried finding a fix to this error on Google, etc. to no avail. Does anyone know what it means and/or know how I can fix this. I have had no problem uploading other webApps to hosting co.'s (although I haven't tried "copy project" to GoDaddy until now). Is this a problem with the hosting Co., or my configs? I know there is an easy answer to this question, but I am perplexed.   -cmf...

Creating Web Project now gets "500 Internal Server Error"
I am running Microsoft Development Environment 2003 Version 7.1.3088 with Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Version 1.1.4322 Existing projects open and function correctly (debuggging and not debugging). It is also Ok if I add a form to an existing project. The problem started occurring after an automated security update a couple of days ago. I run 'Windows 2000 Advanced Server" with Microsoft Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195. I have refreshed everything - prerequisites, Visual Studio, MSDN, and the Service Pack 4 No errors during refresh. I am unable to create ...

Sometimes get "FireFox.exe has encountered a problem and must be closed" error when trying to open FireFox
Name: Pcfreakske2000 Email: pcfreakske2000athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Sometimes get "FireFox.exe has encountered a problem and must be closed" error when trying to open FireFox Comments: Sometimes when I try to open FireFox I get a standard crash message "FireFox.exe has encountered an error and must be closed" ect ... I sometimes need to click on the desktop icon of FireFox a few times and then the error message appears. Also I get the "Restore session" and "Start New Session" dialog screen too. Sometimes FireFox loads w...

BM3.8 Loading vpmaster error message "Get Server Role Returned Error -603"
I am trying to bring up a BM 3.8 VPN server (I have 8 others from 3.5-3.7) on a NW6 box with DS 8.62 . I know I can't use the new VPN client-site functions without IManage 2.0 and DS 8.71. But thought the old VPN functions would work. After I config the VPN with NWAdmin and VPNCFG. I load VPMaster and get the following error: Get Server Role Returned Error -603. The VPMaster NLM loads ok but it goes to high utilization with VPMaster as the busy thread. Client based VPN does not work, even when I unoad the filltering. I think that even though the VPMaster says it loads ok somethi...

"Error Group: WINSOCK" "Error Code:11004"
Hi Just setup iPrint on the server and tried to install the printer to the laptop and got the following message: Error code:11004 Error message: Winsock 11004 - The DNS name has been found in the database, but its associated data is not correct. Error group: WINSOCK Error code:11004 Anyone know what associated data it is referring to? Thanks in advance -- iangh2 A quick Google found this on http://www.sockets.com/err_lst1.htm WSANO_DATA (11004) Valid name, no data record of requested type Berkeley description: The requested name is valid, but does not hav...

Error Message: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."
Name: Edward A. Product: Firefox Summary: Error Message: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." Comments: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." This is the error message I have already gotten a dozen times since I just upgraded (it's been less than a day since I upgraded to v3. I am not using the firefox browser any differently than ...

Login Error message "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1
 Hi all, I was wondering if any body know anything about this problem I'm getting with the login program?Thanks in advance.  A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level...

Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1".
Name: Jonathan Sprague Email: sprag80atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1". Comments: I have Windows 7. Personas 1.3.1.does not add-on to my system. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback bu...

Error code 500. Message: Internal Server Error
A day ago, all of a sudden, I just started having a problem (only in Firefox (1.5.07) - NOT in Opera or IE_. When every I get to a site where where I link to an https page, I get this diagnostic: Error code 500. Message: Internal Server Error. These are two of the URLs that give me trouble: +++++++++++++++++++++++ https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=tru... https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.page=p1&.partner=&.intl... +++++++++++++++++++++++ I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and have cleared all personal data, c...

Web resources about - Only Firefox Get "Error code 500. Message: Internal Server Error" - mozilla.support.firefox