Number of processors

FF 56.0.1 64-bit, Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, Intel 6 core 12 thread processor

I tried to increase number from 1 but menu item in options dialogue
would not permit. So I tracked down the multiprocessor information in
about:support and found "Disabled by accessibility tools". As far as I
know I'm using neither FF or Windows accessibility tools though I might
have experimented some time in the past. Any clue what I need to set or
reset and where? TIA
--
Jeff Barnett
0

Jeff Barnett wrote:

> FF 56.0.1 64-bit, Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, Intel 6 core 12 thread processor
>
> I tried to increase number from 1 but menu item in options dialogue
> would not permit. So I tracked down the multiprocessor information in
> about:support and found "Disabled by accessibility tools". As far as I
> know I'm using neither FF or Windows accessibility tools though I might
> have experimented some time in the past. Any clue what I need to set or
> reset and where? TIA

Go into about:config.  Click on the Status column to get bolded items
listed first in the list.  Those are the ones that you or an extension
configured away from their defaults.

An online search on "Firefox multiprocess disabled by accessibility
tools" found:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re-enable-multi-process-disabled-windows-utilities

For me, that setting is False and unbolded so False is the default
value.  For me, all "accessibility." settings are unbolded (at their
default values) except for accessibility.typeaheadfind and
accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar.
0
VanguardLH
10/9/2017 7:53:37 PM
VanguardLH wrote on 10/9/2017 1:53 PM:
> Jeff Barnett wrote:
>
>> FF 56.0.1 64-bit, Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, Intel 6 core 12 thread processor
>>
>> I tried to increase number from 1 but menu item in options dialogue
>> would not permit. So I tracked down the multiprocessor information in
>> about:support and found "Disabled by accessibility tools". As far as I
>> know I'm using neither FF or Windows accessibility tools though I might
>> have experimented some time in the past. Any clue what I need to set or
>> reset and where? TIA
>
> Go into about:config.  Click on the Status column to get bolded items
> listed first in the list.  Those are the ones that you or an extension
> configured away from their defaults.
>
> An online search on "Firefox multiprocess disabled by accessibility
> tools" found:
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re-enable-multi-process-disabled-windows-utilities
>
> For me, that setting is False and unbolded so False is the default
> value.  For me, all "accessibility." settings are unbolded (at their
> default values) except for accessibility.typeaheadfind and
> accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar.

Thanks! That nailed it. I hope your message is seen my the hordes who
will have an identical problem to mine.
--
Jeff Barnett

0