not connected when I am connected

What do I need to change on my 'puter when the icon in the toolbar shows and
tells me I am connected and the error message tells me I am not and I can
not go to web pages, get or send emails.  I have to close down and restart
to get connected again.  This only happens if I am on line and leave the
'puter for an hour or so.  As long as I am using it I don't have a problem.
This just started about a month ago.  I am on very slow dialup, DSL and
Cable not in my area, thanks you SBC/ATT

tks

-1
Elaine
10/2/2006 11:46:06 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23732 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

Elaine wrote:

> What do I need to change on my 'puter when the icon in the toolbar shows
> and tells me I am connected and the error message tells me I am not and I
> can
> not go to web pages, get or send emails.  I have to close down and restart
> to get connected again.  This only happens if I am on line and leave the
> 'puter for an hour or so.  As long as I am using it I don't have a
> problem.
> This just started about a month ago.  I am on very slow dialup, DSL and
> Cable not in my area, thanks you SBC/ATT

A couple of thoughts:

1) Have you recently checked your computer for viruses and/or malware? After
you noticed this connection problem?  Do so, since this *may* be a cause of
the problem.

2) Check that your firewall is set correctly to allow outward bound traffic
to the internet.

Please let us know what you find out.

HTH

        Rob.
-1
Rob
10/2/2006 11:53:58 AM
I have a virus program that runs everyday and shows clean and I don't have a
firewall.

-1
Elaine
10/2/2006 11:59:57 AM
Elaine wrote:
> I have a virus program that runs everyday and shows clean and I don't have a
> firewall.

are you using ' Panda Anti-Virus' ?
when this thing will happen again , open any other browser like
Opera or IE and check whether it  can browse or not.
Don't forget to send the result to us.
1
Nir
10/2/2006 12:30:38 PM
Elaine wrote:
> What do I need to change on my 'puter when the icon in the toolbar shows and
> tells me I am connected and the error message tells me I am not and I can
> not go to web pages, get or send emails.  I have to close down and restart
> to get connected again.  This only happens if I am on line and leave the
> 'puter for an hour or so.  As long as I am using it I don't have a problem.
> This just started about a month ago.  I am on very slow dialup, DSL and
> Cable not in my area, thanks you SBC/ATT
>
> tks

It sounds as though your modem is set to disconnect you after a period
of inactivity. Check your modem settings and set it to never disconnect
you after a certain number of minutes. I don't have a dialup connection
set up on this computer so I can't take you to the exact spot but it is
in the modem settings for your dialup  connection.

HTH,

--
Brian

.. http://www.mozilla.org | http://ilias.ca/mozilla/ | http://ilias.ca/

.. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

.. Internet "Help" Desk: http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html
1
Brian
10/2/2006 12:32:12 PM
It does not show being disconnected, the icon shows what I am connected at,
26400 and for how long, but I get the error message that it can not bring up
the page or email because I don't have an internet connection.

-1
Elaine
10/2/2006 1:34:42 PM
Elaine wrote:
> It does not show being disconnected, the icon shows what I am connected at,
> 26400 and for how long, but I get the error message that it can not bring up
> the page or email because I don't have an internet connection.

You're using Outlook Express to post here.  Are you doing this on the
affected computer?  If so, you do have internet connection, its just
Firefox that is not connecting.

You say you do not have a firewall?  What version of Windows are you
using?  If its Windows XP, there is a built in firewall that could cause
the problem.

Also check:

Tools>>Options>>General

and click the Connection Settings button.  Is Direct connection to the
internet selected?

Lee
1
Leonidas
10/2/2006 2:16:07 PM
"Elaine" <pepk@earthlink.net> wrote...
> What do I need to change on my 'puter when the icon in the toolbar shows and
> tells me I am connected and the error message tells me I am not and I can
> not go to web pages, get or send emails.  I have to close down and restart
> to get connected again.  This only happens if I am on line and leave the
> 'puter for an hour or so.  As long as I am using it I don't have a problem.
> This just started about a month ago.  I am on very slow dialup, DSL and
> Cable not in my area, thanks you SBC/ATT

Hi Elaine,           (loss of connection to internet)
Never heard of using golf clubs to connect to the internet,  maybe that's
the problem.

There are many ways that you can lose your connection.
1) You can have an email reader that closes the connection after reading.
     in  Outlook Express,   Tools,  Options,  Connection, ...
2) Your power settings, may turn off computer or go into hibernation,
     either will shut down the connection.
     Windows Control Panel,  Power settings,  ... use "never" where appropriate
    what you have may be very good if you are running on batteries.
    Turning off the monitor, which is a power drain, will not affect your connection.
3) ISPs with dial-up connections will give you an installation that will timeout
    the connection, because if cost more money to maintain a dedicated dial-up
    connection than to share it with many users during the day.
   goto  Network Connections:
     select your connection,  right click to bring up properties, then choose the options tab
4)  You may also have something similar  if you see your ISP logo on the system status bar.

With the name of a specific ISP provider you might  get additional tips.
If you update your provider's software or even your system,  you might
have to recheck things.  You might  search on your  ISP name along with
"Keep Alive".
--
David McRitchie,  Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
 http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

0
David
10/2/2006 5:39:25 PM
Elaine wrote:
> It does not show being disconnected, the icon shows what I am connected at,
> 26400 and for how long, but I get the error message that it can not bring up
> the page or email because I don't have an internet connection.

Ok, so is Firefox the only program that can't access the internet? Are
you saying the connection is fine for other programs? I got the
impression that your connection was lost. Please advise if it works for
other programs and follow Lee's excellent advice as well and report back.

--
Brian

.. http://www.mozilla.org | http://ilias.ca/mozilla/ | http://ilias.ca/

.. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

.. Internet "Help" Desk: http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html
0
Brian
10/3/2006 12:15:43 AM
David McRitchie wrote:

> Hi Elaine,           (loss of connection to internet)
> Never heard of using golf clubs to connect to the internet,  maybe that's
> the problem.

Uhhhh...David ...I believe that spelling would be P U T T E R! ;)

--
Brian

.. http://www.mozilla.org | http://ilias.ca/mozilla/ | http://ilias.ca/

.. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

.. Internet "Help" Desk: http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html
0
Brian
10/3/2006 12:17:04 AM
Brian J. Graham wrote:
> David McRitchie wrote:
>
>> Hi Elaine,           (loss of connection to internet)
>> Never heard of using golf clubs to connect to the internet,  maybe that's
>> the problem.
>
> Uhhhh...David ...I believe that spelling would be P U T T E R! ;)

Danged speel chuckers!

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
10/3/2006 12:31:18 AM
What I am saying is, when it tells me I am NOT connected to the internet,
but the icon says I am, I can not do anything, can't read or send mail,
can't get into web pages.  I have to restart the computer to sign in again.
I have checked the dial up connections, called earthlink and they totally
screwed up my computer and I could not send emails at all.  Finally got that
cleared up.  Have checked the firewall on XP Pro and it is turned off.  I
have had something disconnect me from the internet before, but when that
happened I was not shown the icon saying I was connected.  It was very
noticable that I was not connected.  When this recent stuff happens the
little double monitor in the task bar is up and showing good to go, but am
getting the message I am not connected..

0
Elaine
10/3/2006 2:39:58 AM
T-bird Leader Elaine radioed the tower On 10/2/2006 10:39 PM:

> What I am saying is, when it tells me I am NOT connected to the internet,
> but the icon says I am, I can not do anything, can't read or send mail,
> can't get into web pages.  I have to restart the computer to sign in again.
> I have checked the dial up connections, called earthlink and they totally
> screwed up my computer and I could not send emails at all.  Finally got that
> cleared up.  Have checked the firewall on XP Pro and it is turned off.  I
> have had something disconnect me from the internet before, but when that
> happened I was not shown the icon saying I was connected.  It was very
> noticable that I was not connected.  When this recent stuff happens the
> little double monitor in the task bar is up and showing good to go, but am
> getting the message I am not connected..

I take it from your double monitor comment that you are using a dialup
modem to connect with your ISP.During the final 18 months of my dialup
service with my ISP that from time to time I had a similar experience.
For me, shutting down the dialup and recalling for a new connection fixed
the issue.  Seems that it was one of two ISP issues. One was their modem
went wonky.  The second was the router receiving connections from the
modem bank lost track of my connection, so stopped serving my requests.
What you see with the blinking lights is only confirmation that the two
modems are talking to each other.

I am concerned that you do not have your firewall running.  I hope it was
only briefly for testing only.

--
Ron K.
Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.
Elaine wrote:
> What I am saying is, when it tells me I am NOT connected to the internet,
> but the icon says I am, I can not do anything, can't read or send mail,
> can't get into web pages.  I have to restart the computer to sign in again.
> I have checked the dial up connections, called earthlink and they totally
> screwed up my computer and I could not send emails at all.  Finally got that
> cleared up.  Have checked the firewall on XP Pro and it is turned off.  I
> have had something disconnect me from the internet before, but when that
> happened I was not shown the icon saying I was connected.  It was very
> noticable that I was not connected.  When this recent stuff happens the
> little double monitor in the task bar is up and showing good to go, but am
> getting the message I am not connected..

Hi Elaine,

I realize it is frustrating, and I hate to be a nudge, but please quote
at least some text to give your post context.  Some people view only
unread posts.

Since you can't read or send mail uaing OE, (assumed from your ua
string) when this happens, its not a Firefox problem. Its either a
system problem, or Earthlink's problem.

We've eliminated the firewall.

Okay, reboot the computer and dial into the internet.  Stay active, open
your browser, go from page to page, open your mail client, download your
mail, don't stop active use of the connection.

How long does it take before you are disconnected?

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
10/3/2006 3:02:50 AM
Ron K. wrote:
> T-bird Leader Elaine radioed the tower On 10/2/2006 10:39 PM:
>
>> What I am saying is, when it tells me I am NOT connected to the internet,
>> but the icon says I am, I can not do anything, can't read or send mail,
>> can't get into web pages.  I have to restart the computer to sign in
>> again.
>> I have checked the dial up connections, called earthlink and they totally
>> screwed up my computer and I could not send emails at all.  Finally
>> got that
>> cleared up.  Have checked the firewall on XP Pro and it is turned off.  I
>> have had something disconnect me from the internet before, but when that
>> happened I was not shown the icon saying I was connected.  It was very
>> noticable that I was not connected.  When this recent stuff happens the
>> little double monitor in the task bar is up and showing good to go,
>> but am
>> getting the message I am not connected..
>>

> I take it from your double monitor comment that you are using a dialup
> modem to connect with your ISP.During the final 18 months of my dialup
> service with my ISP that from time to time I had a similar experience.
> For me, shutting down the dialup and recalling for a new connection
> fixed the issue.  Seems that it was one of two ISP issues. One was their
> modem went wonky.  The second was the router receiving connections from
> the modem bank lost track of my connection, so stopped serving my requests.
> What you see with the blinking lights is only confirmation that the two
> modems are talking to each other.
>
> I am concerned that you do not have your firewall running.  I hope it
> was only briefly for testing only.

I believe so, since I made an earlier suggestion that the Windows
firewall might have some connection to the problem.

That was when it seemed that only Firefox was losing the connection. Now
we know that the whole connection is lost.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
10/3/2006 3:13:36 AM
"Okay, reboot the computer and dial into the internet.  Stay active, open
your browser, go from page to page, open your mail client, download your
mail, don't stop active use of the connection.

How long does it take before you are disconnected?"

Since I am on such a slow dialup I don't disconnect so will just leave the
computer while I go feed baby squirrels or myself, which can be from 30
minutes to 2 hours.   I just never know when it is going to do it, just
thought maybe someone else was having the same problem.  BTW the baby
squirrel thing, I am a rehabber, raise and release babies that have been cat
caught or such.

0
Elaine
10/3/2006 3:13:46 AM
T-bird Leader Leonidas Jones radioed the tower On 10/2/2006 11:02 PM:

> Elaine wrote:
>> What I am saying is, when it tells me I am NOT connected to the internet,
>> but the icon says I am, I can not do anything, can't read or send mail,
>> can't get into web pages.  I have to restart the computer to sign in
>> again.
>> I have checked the dial up connections, called earthlink and they totally
>> screwed up my computer and I could not send emails at all.  Finally
>> got that
>> cleared up.  Have checked the firewall on XP Pro and it is turned off.  I
>> have had something disconnect me from the internet before, but when that
>> happened I was not shown the icon saying I was connected.  It was very
>> noticable that I was not connected.  When this recent stuff happens the
>> little double monitor in the task bar is up and showing good to go,
>> but am
>> getting the message I am not connected..
>>

> Hi Elaine,
>
> I realize it is frustrating, and I hate to be a nudge, but please quote
> at least some text to give your post context.  Some people view only
> unread posts.
>
> Since you can't read or send mail uaing OE, (assumed from your ua
> string) when this happens, its not a Firefox problem. Its either a
> system problem, or Earthlink's problem.
>
> We've eliminated the firewall.
>
> Okay, reboot the computer and dial into the internet.  Stay active, open
> your browser, go from page to page, open your mail client, download your
> mail, don't stop active use of the connection.
>
> How long does it take before you are disconnected?
>
> Lee

Lee, there is one more MODEM type of problem that can crop up.  That is
the users MODEM needs a reset.  That can come into play when the MODEM
design uses a DSP instead of a UART chip.  That requires a reboot of the
MODEM that can only be done by a system COLD reboot.  I used to have to do
this with my old Action Tech 56K-X2 off and on to reinitialize the firmware.

--
Ron K.
Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.
0
Ron
10/3/2006 3:29:02 AM
I am concerned that you do not have your firewall running.  I hope it
was only briefly for testing only.

I am not using the firewall, I get lots of emails from all over for help
when a baby squirrel has been found and the firewall blocks lots of them.  I
am using MailWasher to check email before bringing into outlook express.

0
Elaine
10/3/2006 3:31:18 AM
Elaine wrote:
> "Okay, reboot the computer and dial into the internet.  Stay active, open
> your browser, go from page to page, open your mail client, download your
> mail, don't stop active use of the connection.
>
> How long does it take before you are disconnected?"
>
> Since I am on such a slow dialup I don't disconnect so will just leave the
> computer while I go feed baby squirrels or myself, which can be from 30
> minutes to 2 hours.   I just never know when it is going to do it, just
> thought maybe someone else was having the same problem.  BTW the baby
> squirrel thing, I am a rehabber, raise and release babies that have been cat
> caught or such.

Well, here is the problem then.  When you go off to do something else,
your ISP, most likely, is detecting that your connection is inactive,
and is disconnecting you.

My suggestion, since during these times you are not actively using the
connection, why not just disconnect?  Then, when you want to use the
internet again, connect again. That's actually the way dial up was
intended to be used.  Use it only when you really need to be online.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
10/3/2006 3:33:01 AM
Ron K. wrote:
> T-bird Leader Leonidas Jones radioed the tower On 10/2/2006 11:02 PM:
>
>> Elaine wrote:
>>> What I am saying is, when it tells me I am NOT connected to the
>>> internet,
>>> but the icon says I am, I can not do anything, can't read or send mail,
>>> can't get into web pages.  I have to restart the computer to sign in
>>> again.
>>> I have checked the dial up connections, called earthlink and they
>>> totally
>>> screwed up my computer and I could not send emails at all.  Finally
>>> got that
>>> cleared up.  Have checked the firewall on XP Pro and it is turned
>>> off.  I
>>> have had something disconnect me from the internet before, but when that
>>> happened I was not shown the icon saying I was connected.  It was very
>>> noticable that I was not connected.  When this recent stuff happens the
>>> little double monitor in the task bar is up and showing good to go,
>>> but am
>>> getting the message I am not connected..
>>>

>> Hi Elaine,
>>
>> I realize it is frustrating, and I hate to be a nudge, but please
>> quote at least some text to give your post context.  Some people view
>> only unread posts.
>>
>> Since you can't read or send mail uaing OE, (assumed from your ua
>> string) when this happens, its not a Firefox problem. Its either a
>> system problem, or Earthlink's problem.
>>
>> We've eliminated the firewall.
>>
>> Okay, reboot the computer and dial into the internet.  Stay active,
>> open your browser, go from page to page, open your mail client,
>> download your mail, don't stop active use of the connection.
>>
>> How long does it take before you are disconnected?
>>
>> Lee
>>

> Lee, there is one more MODEM type of problem that can crop up.  That is
> the users MODEM needs a reset.  That can come into play when the MODEM
> design uses a DSP instead of a UART chip.  That requires a reboot of the
> MODEM that can only be done by a system COLD reboot.  I used to have to
> do this with my old Action Tech 56K-X2 off and on to reinitialize the
> firmware.

You may be right, but I bet its Earthlink disconnecting her for an
inactive connection.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
10/3/2006 3:41:20 AM
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Ron K. wrote:
>> T-bird Leader Leonidas Jones radioed the tower On 10/2/2006 11:02 PM:

>>> Hi Elaine,
>>>
>>> I realize it is frustrating, and I hate to be a nudge, but please
>>> quote at least some text to give your post context.  Some people view
>>> only unread posts.
>>>
>>> Since you can't read or send mail uaing OE, (assumed from your ua
>>> string) when this happens, its not a Firefox problem. Its either a
>>> system problem, or Earthlink's problem.
>>>
>>> We've eliminated the firewall.
>>>
>>> Okay, reboot the computer and dial into the internet.  Stay active,
>>> open your browser, go from page to page, open your mail client,
>>> download your mail, don't stop active use of the connection.
>>>
>>> How long does it take before you are disconnected?
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>

>> Lee, there is one more MODEM type of problem that can crop up.  That
>> is the users MODEM needs a reset.  That can come into play when the
>> MODEM design uses a DSP instead of a UART chip.  That requires a
>> reboot of the MODEM that can only be done by a system COLD reboot.  I
>> used to have to do this with my old Action Tech 56K-X2 off and on to
>> reinitialize the firmware.
>>

> You may be right, but I bet its Earthlink disconnecting her for an
> inactive connection.
>
> Lee

To Elaine,
goto Start > Control Panel>Network Connections.
select your dialup account , right click on it and select 'Properties'
Click on 'Option' window .

try to set this settings :
idle time before hanging up > Never
check ' 'Redial if line is dropped' option
redial attempt > to any higher value
Time between redial attempts > 5sec or any suitable value

if i remember my experiences with BSNL dialup connection , this
thing is common when there is a busy network , i.e , taskbar icon
indicates that there is still a connection but 'no data transfer
is possible'. what i used to do is :
either disconnect and try to reconnect or wait for sometime and
check again.

just check another thing: whenever you will get such problem ,
disconnect the existing connection and try to reconnect. if your
computer fails to connect to server within 2 or 3 attempt , it is
a busy network problem.
0
Nir
10/3/2006 4:28:00 AM
Lee, there is one more MODEM type of problem that can crop up.  That is
the users MODEM needs a reset.  That can come into play when the MODEM
 design uses a DSP instead of a UART chip.  That requires a reboot of the
MODEM that can only be done by a system COLD reboot.  I used to have to
do this with my old Action Tech 56K-X2 off and on to reinitialize the
firmware.

You may be right, but I bet its Earthlink disconnecting her for an
inactive connection.

Lee

But Lee when earthlink disconnects me I don't show the connected icon in
tool bar.  That is what has thrown me, I show to be connected.

elaine

0
Elaine
10/3/2006 11:53:37 AM
Elaine wrote:
> Lee, there is one more MODEM type of problem that can crop up.  That
> is the users MODEM needs a reset.  That can come into play when the
> MODEM design uses a DSP instead of a UART chip.  That requires a
> reboot of the MODEM that can only be done by a system COLD reboot.  I
> used to have to do this with my old Action Tech 56K-X2 off and on to
> reinitialize the firmware.
>

> You may be right, but I bet its Earthlink disconnecting her for an
> inactive connection.
>
> Lee
>
> But Lee when earthlink disconnects me I don't show the connected icon
> in tool bar.  That is what has thrown me, I show to be connected.

That icon shows that the /modems/ are "talking" to each other, but that does
not mean that whatever is behind the modem at the other end is talking to
that modem.

Andrew

0
Andrew
10/3/2006 2:55:19 PM
On 10/03/2006 06:53 AM, Elaine wrote:
> [...]
> But Lee when earthlink disconnects me I don't show the connected icon in
> tool bar.  That is what has thrown me, I show to be connected.
>
> elaine

Do you hear a dial tone when you're connected but not connected?

P.S.
Your quoting is really confusing.

--
paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net
0
Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
> On 10/03/2006 06:53 AM, Elaine wrote:
>> [...]
>> But Lee when earthlink disconnects me I don't show the connected icon in
>> tool bar.  That is what has thrown me, I show to be connected.
>>
>> elaine
>>

> Do you hear a dial tone when you're connected but not connected?
>
> P.S.
> Your quoting is really confusing.

I asked her to quote some text earlier, I guess she doesn't know how,
though I appreciate the effort.  Someone want to walk her through
quoting using OE?

Lee
0
Leonidas
10/3/2006 6:16:18 PM
Elaine wrote:
> "Okay, reboot the computer and dial into the internet.  Stay active, open
> your browser, go from page to page, open your mail client, download your
> mail, don't stop active use of the connection.
>
> How long does it take before you are disconnected?"
>
> Since I am on such a slow dialup I don't disconnect so will just leave the
> computer while I go feed baby squirrels or myself, which can be from 30
> minutes to 2 hours.   I just never know when it is going to do it, just
> thought maybe someone else was having the same problem.  BTW the baby
> squirrel thing, I am a rehabber, raise and release babies that have been cat
> caught or such.

When I was using dialup my isp had a strict limit of 15 minutes without
"any" activity.

in the ppp setup (I am using Mac but suppose there is something similar
in PC) there was a setting to check connection every so often

Also I uses Netscape/Mozilla products for my Mail and there is a setting
for the mailbox to check for mail every "____" minutes. I use 5 even to
this day, on DSL. Despite DSL being always on.

Phillip M. Jones, CET   |LIFE MEMBER: VPEA ETA-I, NESDA, ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street      |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:276-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112   |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com

<http://www.vpea.org>
0
Phillip

And I'll bet you win your bet!!!!

--
Irwin
EVERYBODY SHOULD TAKE A TOUR OF
On 10/3/2006 4:26 PM, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Ron K. wrote:
>>> T-bird Leader Leonidas Jones radioed the tower On 10/2/2006 11:02 PM:

>>> Lee, there is one more MODEM type of problem that can crop up.  That
>>> is the users MODEM needs a reset.  That can come into play when the
>>> MODEM design uses a DSP instead of a UART chip.  That requires a
>>> reboot of the MODEM that can only be done by a system COLD reboot.  I
>>> used to have to do this with my old Action Tech 56K-X2 off and on to
>>> reinitialize the firmware.
>>>

>> You may be right, but I bet its Earthlink disconnecting her for an
>> inactive connection.
>>
>> Lee
>>
> And I'll bet you win your bet!!!!

Don't be too sure.  I also use Earthlink dialup and it frequently just STOPS.
Sometimes it will time out, but usually it will spit out 50 to 100 bytes every
couple of minutes. (Just enough to stay "connected") This can happen even during
active downloads.

It usually works to disconnect and reconnect.

--
G. R. Woodring

Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection.
Name: George Ginsburg Email: ginsburgattiacdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection. Comments: When I simply bring up Firefox, I get the following or similar messages which come from my security monitor on outgoing message requests: first: "firefox-bin wants to connect to static-fxfeeds.nslb.sj.mozilla.com on TCP port 80 (http)," second: (typical) firefox-bin wants to connect to 130.94.77.118 on TCP port 443 (https)," third type: paraphr...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

@@connections and user connections
Hi! I've a doubt, I hope you can help me. I've ASE 11.9.3 on HP-UX 11.0. The problem is at times, when an user run an aplication, soon afterwards system log out him. I checked the log and I found the next error: 01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.32 server Error: 1601, Severity: 21, State: 3 01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.33 server There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure SQL Server with more user connections. But, the point is I...

XP network connections 1394 connection connected! huh?
Hi, XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected. There is no device plugged into my firewire port. Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections? Maybe I just never noticed before.. While ducking under cover and reloading, I thought I heard code_wrong say: > Hi, > XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected. > There is no device plugged into my firewire port. > Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections? > > Maybe I just never noticed before.. Same here, but like you said, nothing is plugged in so I...

OpenVPN no connectivity after connecting
My goal with the OpenSuSE machine I have set up is to be an OpenVPN server. So far so good, I have started the server and I am able to connect a Mac client (running TunnelBlick) to the server. However the client doesn't have any connectivity, I can't ping any addresses for example. The server is set up for bridging instead of routing as I want the remote client to get an IP address in the same range as the rest of the LAN. The client is getting an IP address from the range specified in my server.conf file, so that's a start, but the client can't talk to anyone. ...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

Connection within connection
I have a table that stores general information on employees. I have a related table that stores actions of those employees. What I would like to do is make a list of employees + their actions. I wanted to do something like this: Dim cnAccess As new OleDbConnection("provider=...") cnAccess.Open() Dim sSelect As String sSelect = "SELECT * FROM tblEmployees" Dim cmdSelect as New OleDbCommand(sSelect, cnAccess) Dim drEmployees As OleDbDataReader drEmployees = cmdSelect.ExecuteReader() Do While drEmployees.Read() 'get name 'ge...

Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection
Hello, I get "Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:3580." when I try to open a Help File of one of the applications I have. My /etc/hosts file has its entries right: 127.0.0.1 hostname.hostdomain hostname My firewall is also disabled. nmap -sT -O localhost gives me (I have included some): 2401/tcp open cvspserver 2601/tcp open zebra 5900/tcp open vnc 8009/tcp open ajp13 8085/tcp open unknown Device type: general purpose Running: Linux 2.6.X OS details: Linux 2.6.17 - 2.6.25 I understand that the port ...

AppConfig::DBI
--Apple-Mail-3-257921081 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed [ this is pre-CPAN until Monday ] --Apple-Mail-3-257921081 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=AppConfig-DBI-0.01.tar.gz Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Type: application/x-gzip; x-unix-mode=0644; name="AppConfig-DBI-0.01.tar.gz" H4sICDvGgDwCA0FwcENvbmZpZy1EQkktMC4wMS50YXIA7Vp7U+PItedf+lOc9bBluGUL29iQawZq POCZcYVXMLO7qc3GkaW2rSBLXqmFx2H57vmdbknYBpJ7U7tMaks9Q1lqdZ/u8350d2azkzAYeePq 6ftetWbV6rsbv3ar1Zq1g1YLv7Xawb75rTWa5te0jdpBs1mrN...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Background: I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. I have tested my web application at my local machine. Everything just works fine. I have no problem to connect my payment gateway  However, after I have upload all my application code to my hosting company, I cannot check out because my web application cannot connect to the payment gateway And get following errors: " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am having issues while sending mails using the namespace System.Net.Mail.I keep getting the error as below:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondThe code works in other remote hosting servers. This error occurs only for this particular server infotechage.com. I found some articles which said increase the timeout, but that does not help me. What may be the reason for this? Please help. I have been working on this issue for the last 3 days but in v...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. with ASP.NET(2.0) The Bank Give Me WebService and say to me to use post method for sending my information. My Transaction State Is Ok But when i call a method of Bank webservice  it give me error   _______My Sample Code ___________ double TA;WebServices.ReferencePayment PaymentWebService = new WebServices.ReferencePayment();string MID = "00229018-45987";string t_strRefNum="*********";double t_lAmount;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) &n...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Hi All,  I have created a FTP client in ASP.net and it's working fine on my local system but when i deployed this code on Public IP(Remote server) it's not working.Code and Exceptions message are give below. public void Login() { if ( this.loggedin ) this.Close(); Debug.WriteLine("Opening connection to " + this.server, "FtpClient" ); IPAddress addr = null; IPEndPoint ep = null; try { this.clientSocket = new Socket( AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp ); addr = Dns.Resolve(this.serve...

Web resources about - not connected when I am connected - mozilla.support.firefox

Strongly connected component - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the mathematical theory of directed graphs , a graph is said to be strongly connected if every vertex is reachable from every other vertex. ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Information Accessed By Facebook-Connected Apps
According to application security provider MyPermissions , more than 70 billion mobile apps will be downloaded in 2013, or 10 for every person ...

The Value of a Facebook-connected Mobile User
... back more often, and are more likely to become paying customers. Many top game developers, for example, have also found that Facebook-connected ...

Facebook-connected fitness apps translate into real life success
... because they work well, especially when a user connects the app to their Facebook account. While it’s difficult to measure Facebook-connected ...

CMS-Connected (@cmsconnected) on Twitter
Webinar on Saving your Intranet from the Boneyard (and more) with @sethearley @RHarbridge @JiveSoftware Here => ow.

Stay connected with notifications on twitter.com
When it comes to your interactions on Twitter, it should be easy for you to stay connected to what’s relevant. With this in mind, we’re bringing ...

Global Trade Network-Exporters,Importers,Manufacturers,Wholesalers,Suppliers,Buyers Connected
Find, Connect & Engage with new Buyers, Suppliers, Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Exporters and Importers all-over the world.

CONNECTED WATCH on the App Store on iTunes
Get CONNECTED WATCH on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Hello Barbie: 'major security flaws' found in internet-connected doll
Toys that talk back are some of the hottest holiday gifts this year. And they may soon be hot items for hackers.

Hello Barbie, goodbye privacy - the internet-connected toys sparking security fears
The growing wave of high-tech internet-connected toys has sparked privacy fears among cyber security experts.