No group for developing extensions?

Why there is no group for extensions? There is only one "addon" group, 
which does not seems for that. And there is only one group for 
extensions, which is country specific (besides being in another 
language, it has very few activity).
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 11:11:21 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24029 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

8 Replies
13 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

On 2017-12-07 6:11 PM, Balaco wrote:
> Why there is no group for extensions? There is only one "addon" group, 
> which does not seems for that. And there is only one group for 
> extensions, which is country specific (besides being in another 
> language, it has very few activity).

Here you go: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/add-ons

-- 
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Mailing list/Newsgroup moderator
0
Chris
12/8/2017 5:56:38 AM
Em 08-12-2017 03:56, Chris Ilias escreveu:
> On 2017-12-07 6:11 PM, Balaco wrote:
>> Why there is no group for extensions? There is only one "addon" group,
>> which does not seems for that. And there is only one group for
>> extensions, which is country specific (besides being in another
>> language, it has very few activity).
>
> Here you go: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/add-ons
>

Where would I find that? And my message was about the "addon" newsgroup 
in this server, which I am subscribed to. My question is about a 
newsgroup, I should have said it, as that is also mirrored in a mailing 
list.

Does a newsgroup exist?

Is registration free (freedom) in the service you pointed? Very bad 
system: In the first "register page", it gives just a few choices: 
logins in a very very small set of services. Then, when we choose 
"email" for that option, it simply gives a page to enter email address, 
and nothing else! And this page is *not* in mozilla.org anymore. I do 
want *not* put my address in that.
0
Balaco
12/8/2017 12:55:02 PM
Balaco wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:
>> Balaco wrote:
>>> Why there is no group for extensions? There is only one "addon" group,
>>> which does not seems for that. And there is only one group for
>>> extensions, which is country specific (besides being in another
>>> language, it has very few activity).
>>
>> Here you go: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/add-ons
> 
> Where would I find that? And my message was about the "addon" newsgroup 
> in this server, which I am subscribed to.

That's interesting. When I try to subscribe to another newsgroup
on news.mozilla.org, then I see only 2 newsgroups with "addon"
in the name:
- mozilla.addons.chromebug
- mozilla.addons.user-experience
The newsgroup "mozilla.addons" itself is non-subscribable.

-p

0
PietB
12/8/2017 2:38:20 PM
Em 08-12-2017 12:38, PietB escreveu:
> Balaco wrote:
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>> Balaco wrote:
>>>> Why there is no group for extensions? There is only one "addon" group,
>>>> which does not seems for that. And there is only one group for
>>>> extensions, which is country specific (besides being in another
>>>> language, it has very few activity).
>>>
>>> Here you go: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/add-ons
>>
>> Where would I find that? And my message was about the "addon" newsgroup
>> in this server, which I am subscribed to.
>
> That's interesting. When I try to subscribe to another newsgroup
> on news.mozilla.org, then I see only 2 newsgroups with "addon"
> in the name:
> - mozilla.addons.chromebug
> - mozilla.addons.user-experience
> The newsgroup "mozilla.addons" itself is non-subscribable.
>

How a difference for that is possible? I have the addons unsubscribable 
(does that word exist? not in Wiktionary(en)). But I only have the 
chromebug subgroup in it. I updated that list now - twice!

Did you update your group list?
0
Balaco
12/8/2017 3:42:49 PM
Balaco wrote:
> PietB wrote:
>> Balaco wrote:
>>> Where would I find that? And my message was about the "addon"
>>> newsgroup in this server, which I am subscribed to.
>>
>> That's interesting. When I try to subscribe to another newsgroup
>> on news.mozilla.org, then I see only 2 newsgroups with "addon"
>> in the name:
>> - mozilla.addons.chromebug
>> - mozilla.addons.user-experience
>> The newsgroup "mozilla.addons" itself is non-subscribable.
> 
> How a difference for that is possible? I have the addons unsubscribable 
> (does that word exist? not in Wiktionary(en)).  But I only have the
> chromebug subgroup in it. I updated that list now - twice!
> Did you update your group list?

You're right: I didn't. And after I did, the user-experience
group was gone.

-p

0
PietB
12/8/2017 3:57:51 PM
On 12/8/17 7:55 AM, Balaco wrote:
> Em 08-12-2017 03:56, Chris Ilias escreveu:
>> On 2017-12-07 6:11 PM, Balaco wrote:
>>> Why there is no group for extensions? There is only one "addon" group,
>>> which does not seems for that. And there is only one group for
>>> extensions, which is country specific (besides being in another
>>> language, it has very few activity).
>>
>> Here you go: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/add-ons
>>
> 
> Where would I find that? And my message was about the "addon" newsgroup 
> in this server, which I am subscribed to. My question is about a 
> newsgroup, I should have said it, as that is also mirrored in a mailing 
> list.
> 
> Does a newsgroup exist?


Not as far as I know.

See 
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.extensions/yLmjn6a4mQA/vb4jggIvAQAJ>

<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons#Contact_us>

> 
> Is registration free (freedom) in the service you pointed? Very bad 
> system: In the first "register page", it gives just a few choices: 
> logins in a very very small set of services. Then, when we choose 
> "email" for that option, it simply gives a page to enter email address, 
> and nothing else! And this page is *not* in mozilla.org anymore. I do 
> want *not* put my address in that.

That page is a secure domain that Mozilla uses for signing into the forum.

I just click the "Log in with Google" button and I'm logged in to Discourse.

-- 
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
12/8/2017 4:34:45 PM
Em 08-12-2017 14:34, WaltS48 escreveu:
> On 12/8/17 7:55 AM, Balaco wrote:
>> Em 08-12-2017 03:56, Chris Ilias escreveu:
>>> On 2017-12-07 6:11 PM, Balaco wrote:
>>>> Why there is no group for extensions? There is only one "addon" group,
>>>> which does not seems for that. And there is only one group for
>>>> extensions, which is country specific (besides being in another
>>>> language, it has very few activity).
>>>
>>> Here you go: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/add-ons
>>>
>>
>> Where would I find that? And my message was about the "addon"
>> newsgroup in this server, which I am subscribed to. My question is
>> about a newsgroup, I should have said it, as that is also mirrored in
>> a mailing list.
>>
>> Does a newsgroup exist?
>
>
> Not as far as I know.
>
> See
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.extensions/yLmjn6a4mQA/vb4jggIvAQAJ>
>
>

Need an account for the service I do not want to use, IMHO, very bad 
services.

> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons#Contact_us>
>

Thank you for that! I find strange how I did not cross that while 
trying. Well, luckly I have this group. :D

IRC, mailing list, (discourse) forum, ... why that mailing list is not 
mirrored in a newsgroup, like many other? Should I ask this in 
mozilla.general?

>>
>> Is registration free (freedom) in the service you pointed? Very bad
>> system: In the first "register page", it gives just a few choices:
>> logins in a very very small set of services. Then, when we choose
>> "email" for that option, it simply gives a page to enter email
>> address, and nothing else! And this page is *not* in mozilla.org
>> anymore. I do want *not* put my address in that.
>
> That page is a secure domain that Mozilla uses for signing into the forum.
>
> I just click the "Log in with Google" button and I'm logged in to
> Discourse.
>

If you have and use an account, that can be very easy. I do not have. 
That system (discourse) is "un-neededly" complicated, I will try not to 
use it as most as possible.
0
Balaco
12/8/2017 4:49:23 PM
On 08/12/2017 16:49, Balaco wrote:

> … IRC, mailing list, (discourse) forum, ... why that mailing list is not mirrored in a newsgroup, like many other? Should I ask this in mozilla.general? … 

<https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/participationsystems> might be the best place to seek/ask.
0
Graham
12/13/2017 4:37:36 PM
Reply: