My confusion; bookmarks and profile manager

How do I "cleanup" years of bookmark clutter?  It seems the only power I have is to delete one at at time, or a folder.
Any tools available.

Then I decided to build a new profile (about:profiles) but when I did, I still had all my bookmarks and folders.  I was
expecting none.

What basics did I miss out on?

Carl
0
king
12/24/2016 1:21:56 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23695 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

On 23-Dec-2016 18:21, king daddy 2 wrote:
> How do I "cleanup" years of bookmark clutter?  It seems the only power I
> have is to delete one at at time, or a folder. Any tools available.
>
> Then I decided to build a new profile (about:profiles) but when I did, I
> still had all my bookmarks and folders.  I was expecting none.
>
> What basics did I miss out on?
>

> Carl
For cleaning of bookmarks you can select multiple bookmarks with
CTRL-click on one or more bookmarks and then delete.

If you have a sequence of bookmarks to be deleted the select the first
to-be deleted bookmark and then do a SHIFT-click on the last to-be
deleted bookmark.
0
Dempsey
12/24/2016 1:39:40 AM
On 2016-12-23 8:21 PM, king daddy 2 wrote:
> How do I "cleanup" years of bookmark clutter?  It seems the only power I
> have is to delete one at at time, or a folder. Any tools available.
>
> Then I decided to build a new profile (about:profiles) but when I did, I
> still had all my bookmarks and folders.  I was expecting none.
>
> What basics did I miss out on?

about:profiles is not ready yet. When you create a new profile, use the
instructions at
<https://support.mozilla.org/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles>

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
On 12/24/2016 2:20 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 2016-12-23 8:21 PM, king daddy 2 wrote:
>> How do I "cleanup" years of bookmark clutter?  It seems the only power I
>> have is to delete one at at time, or a folder. Any tools available.
>>
>> Then I decided to build a new profile (about:profiles) but when I did, I
>> still had all my bookmarks and folders.  I was expecting none.
>>
>> What basics did I miss out on?
>
> about:profiles is not ready yet. When you create a new profile, use the instructions at
> <https://support.mozilla.org/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles>

That is an awesome source of information!

Thanks!
Carl
0
king