msnbc live stream not working on latest FF

It does work on IE.
Any ideas?
0
rmk
12/6/2017 9:26:20 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24016 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

13 Replies
16 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 1

On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
> It does work on IE.
> Any ideas?

Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and haven't 
enabled Flash. or something else?

I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.

-- 
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
12/7/2017 1:39:22 AM
On 12/06/2017 07:39 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>> It does work on IE.
>> Any ideas?
> 
> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and haven't 
> enabled Flash. or something else?
> 
> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.

When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the 
introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's an 
icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.

-- 
18 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The money man gives to get him into heaven is what he ought to use to
improve the earth." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And
Other Essays_]
0
Mark
12/7/2017 2:48:19 PM
On 12/7/17 9:48 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
> On 12/06/2017 07:39 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>>> It does work on IE.
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and 
>> haven't enabled Flash. or something else?
>>
>> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.
> 
> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the 
> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's an 
> icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
> 

Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.

-- 
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
12/7/2017 3:11:51 PM
Em 07-12-2017 13:11, WaltS48 escreveu:
> On 12/7/17 9:48 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
>> On 12/06/2017 07:39 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>>>> It does work on IE.
>>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and
>>> haven't enabled Flash. or something else?
>>>
>>> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.
>>
>> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the
>> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's
>> an icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
>>
>
> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.
>

You also did not say what site you visited. So everyone here is possibly 
visiting different addresses.
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 3:38:38 PM
On 12/6/2017 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
> It does work on IE.
> Any ideas?

Not sure what you mean by 'latest' but my latest is 58.0b9 (64-bit) under 
W10 and the site works fine. Surprisingly, I didn't have to tell uBlock to 
let any of the 35-or so questionable things through and didn't have to 
tell Privacy Badger to allow tracking or tell FF to allow Flash. No clue as 
to what problems you might be having though...
0
John
12/7/2017 3:40:31 PM
On 12/7/2017 10:11 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 12/7/17 9:48 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
>> On 12/06/2017 07:39 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>>>> It does work on IE.
>>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and haven't 
>>> enabled Flash. or something else?
>>>
>>> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.
>>
>> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the 
>> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's an 
>> icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
>>
> 
> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.
> 

The site I went to was http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live and it had no 
problems on the FF 58 beta.
0
John
12/7/2017 3:41:51 PM
On 12/7/17 10:41 AM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 12/7/2017 10:11 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 12/7/17 9:48 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
>>> On 12/06/2017 07:39 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>> On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>>>>> It does work on IE.
>>>>> Any ideas?
>>>>
>>>> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and 
>>>> haven't enabled Flash. or something else?
>>>>
>>>> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.
>>>
>>> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the 
>>> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's 
>>> an icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
>>>
>>
>> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.
>>
> 
> The site I went to was http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live and it had no 
> problems on the FF 58 beta.

I'll stick by what I reported yesterday, but today it works in Firefox 
57.0.1 and my 59.0a1 versions.

Gremlins 🎃

-- 
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
12/7/2017 4:03:04 PM
Em 07-12-2017 14:03, WaltS48 escreveu:
> On 12/7/17 10:41 AM, John McGaw wrote:
>> On 12/7/2017 10:11 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> On 12/7/17 9:48 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
>>>> On 12/06/2017 07:39 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>>> On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>>>>>> It does work on IE.
>>>>>> Any ideas?
>>>>>
>>>>> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and
>>>>> haven't enabled Flash. or something else?
>>>>>
>>>>> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.
>>>>
>>>> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the
>>>> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's
>>>> an icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.
>>>
>>
>> The site I went to was http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live and it had no
>> problems on the FF 58 beta.
>
> I'll stick by what I reported yesterday, but today it works in Firefox
> 57.0.1 and my 59.0a1 versions.
>

What you reported yesterday was or not in these same browsers and profiles?

And should we understand that the site you visited is also that pointed 
above?
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 4:09:55 PM
On 12/07/2017 09:11 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

[none]

>> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the 
>> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's 
>> an icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
>>
> 
> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.

msnbc was mentioned in the subject line, and the usual thing is a .com 
TLD so I tried that. I think it was supposed to be something else.

I checked some more. Enable Flash, disable tracking protection AND ad 
blocker, click "Listen Now", wait a few seconds and a green "Watch Live" 
button appears, click that. You're asked to agree to a bunch of stuff 
(change home, new tab, search; and a "user agreement"). It's not just 
streaming.

-- 
17 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Everything has a natural explanation. The moon is not a god but a great
rock and the sun a hot rock." [Anaxagorus, ca. 475 BC]
0
Mark
12/8/2017 9:27:59 PM
On 12/07/2017 09:41 AM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 12/7/2017 10:11 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

[snip]

> The site I went to was http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live and it had no 
> problems on the FF 58 beta.

NOW I've tried that site too, with a black space where the video should 
be. Enabling Flash and disabling tracking protection & ad blocker made 
no difference.

-- 
17 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Everything has a natural explanation. The moon is not a god but a great
rock and the sun a hot rock." [Anaxagorus, ca. 475 BC]
0
Mark
12/8/2017 9:32:43 PM
On 12/6/2017 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
> It does work on IE.
> Any ideas?
this is the site I am talking about. It does not allow me to sign in: 
http://www.msnbc.com/now
0
rmk
12/9/2017 3:13:34 AM
On 12/6/2017 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
> It does work on IE.
> Any ideas?
this is the site I am talking about. It does not allow me to sign in: 
http://www.msnbc.com/now
0
rmk
12/9/2017 3:13:34 AM
Em 09-12-2017 01:13, rmk escreveu:
> On 12/6/2017 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>> It does work on IE.
>> Any ideas?
> this is the site I am talking about. It does not allow me to sign in:
> http://www.msnbc.com/now

I tried to login in it, both in http and https. Since I have no account, 
I got a wrong password error. No error or warning ever shown.

The video in the address you sent needs flash to work. The other videos 
simply will not play - I tried a few, it does not ask for flash, it 
simply will not start.
0
Balaco
12/9/2017 9:28:59 AM
Reply: