msnbc live stream not working on latest FF

It does work on IE.
Any ideas?
0
rmk
12/6/2017 9:26:20 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24236 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
> It does work on IE.
> Any ideas?

Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and haven't
enabled Flash. or something else?

I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
On 12/06/2017 07:39 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>> It does work on IE.
>> Any ideas?
>
> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and haven't
> enabled Flash. or something else?
>
> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.

When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the
introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's an
icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.

--
18 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The money man gives to get him into heaven is what he ought to use to
improve the earth." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And
Other Essays_]
0
Mark
12/7/2017 2:48:19 PM
On 12/7/17 9:48 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
> On 12/06/2017 07:39 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 12/6/17 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>>> It does work on IE.
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and
>> haven't enabled Flash. or something else?
>>
>> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.
>
> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the
> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's an
> icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.

Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
12/7/2017 3:11:51 PM
Em 07-12-2017 13:11, WaltS48 escreveu:
> On 12/7/17 9:48 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
>>>
>>> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and
>>> haven't enabled Flash. or something else?
>>>
>>> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.
>>
>> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the
>> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's
>> an icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
>>

> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.

You also did not say what site you visited. So everyone here is possibly
visiting different addresses.
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 3:38:38 PM
On 12/6/2017 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
> It does work on IE.
> Any ideas?

Not sure what you mean by 'latest' but my latest is 58.0b9 (64-bit) under
W10 and the site works fine. Surprisingly, I didn't have to tell uBlock to
let any of the 35-or so questionable things through and didn't have to
tell Privacy Badger to allow tracking or tell FF to allow Flash. No clue as
to what problems you might be having though...
0
John
12/7/2017 3:40:31 PM
On 12/7/2017 10:11 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 12/7/17 9:48 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
>>>
>>> Not working meaning you can't sign in, or you are signed in and haven't
>>> enabled Flash. or something else?
>>>
>>> I don't have a TV account, so can't sign in to test.
>>
>> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the
>> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's an
>> icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
>>

> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.

The site I went to was http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live and it had no
problems on the FF 58 beta.
0
John
12/7/2017 3:41:51 PM
On 12/7/17 10:41 AM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 12/7/2017 10:11 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the
>>> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's
>>> an icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
>>>

>> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.
>>

> The site I went to was http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live and it had no
> problems on the FF 58 beta.

I'll stick by what I reported yesterday, but today it works in Firefox
57.0.1 and my 59.0a1 versions.

Gremlins 🎃

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
12/7/2017 4:03:04 PM
Em 07-12-2017 14:03, WaltS48 escreveu:
> On 12/7/17 10:41 AM, John McGaw wrote:

>>> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.
>>>

>> The site I went to was http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live and it had no
>> problems on the FF 58 beta.
>
> I'll stick by what I reported yesterday, but today it works in Firefox
> 57.0.1 and my 59.0a1 versions.

What you reported yesterday was or not in these same browsers and profiles?

And should we understand that the site you visited is also that pointed
above?
0
Balaco
12/7/2017 4:09:55 PM
On 12/07/2017 09:11 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

[none]

>> When I went to the site, I got no login request. I did see the
>> introduction to a video. It went black when I clicked on it. There's
>> an icon that says Flash is required. Enabling Flash made no difference.
>>

> Maybe I went to the wrong site. The OP didn't post a link.

msnbc was mentioned in the subject line, and the usual thing is a .com
TLD so I tried that. I think it was supposed to be something else.

I checked some more. Enable Flash, disable tracking protection AND ad
blocker, click "Listen Now", wait a few seconds and a green "Watch Live"
button appears, click that. You're asked to agree to a bunch of stuff
(change home, new tab, search; and a "user agreement"). It's not just
streaming.

--
17 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Everything has a natural explanation. The moon is not a god but a great
rock and the sun a hot rock." [Anaxagorus, ca. 475 BC]
0
Mark
12/8/2017 9:27:59 PM
On 12/07/2017 09:41 AM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 12/7/2017 10:11 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

[snip]

> The site I went to was http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live and it had no
> problems on the FF 58 beta.

NOW I've tried that site too, with a black space where the video should
be. Enabling Flash and disabling tracking protection & ad blocker made
no difference.

--
17 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Everything has a natural explanation. The moon is not a god but a great
rock and the sun a hot rock." [Anaxagorus, ca. 475 BC]
0
Mark
12/8/2017 9:32:43 PM
On 12/6/2017 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
> It does work on IE.
> Any ideas?
this is the site I am talking about. It does not allow me to sign in:
http://www.msnbc.com/now
0
rmk
Em 09-12-2017 01:13, rmk escreveu:
> On 12/6/2017 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>> It does work on IE.
>> Any ideas?
> this is the site I am talking about. It does not allow me to sign in:
> http://www.msnbc.com/now

I tried to login in it, both in http and https. Since I have no account,
I got a wrong password error. No error or warning ever shown.

The video in the address you sent needs flash to work. The other videos
simply will not play - I tried a few, it does not ask for flash, it
simply will not start.
0
Balaco
12/9/2017 9:28:59 AM
rmk wrote on 12/8/2017 19:13:
> On 12/6/2017 4:26 PM, rmk wrote:
>> It does work on IE.
>> Any ideas?
> this is the site I am talking about. It does not allow me to sign in:
> http://www.msnbc.com/now
Using your link, I had to manually allow Flash for that page (click on
the "Lego block" in the address bar and "Allow Now" or "Allow and
Remember").

After allowing Flash, the "Please Sign In" worked just fine, though it
took several seconds to populate the selection of TV providers. I logged
into a Frontier cable account and watched a live video on the California
fires.

Lance
*****

0