Medicare webpage will not display

On my Mac w/FF, this M/C webpage only displays a "header" and a
"footer". The body is missing.

https://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/

Other "compare" pages (hospital, etc) display OK.

Also fails in Safe Mode.

Does not fail in Safari browser

FF is 50.1.0  on Mac w/ 10.12.2 Sierra

Any suggestions on what to look at next ?
0
Reed
12/25/2016 2:39:31 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23711 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

Reed wrote:
> On my Mac w/FF, this M/C webpage only displays a "header" and a
> "footer". The body is missing.
>
> https://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/
>
> Other "compare" pages (hospital, etc) display OK.
>
> Also fails in Safe Mode.
>
> Does not fail in Safari browser
>
> FF is 50.1.0  on Mac w/ 10.12.2 Sierra
>
> Any suggestions on what to look at next ?
First thing to do is make an empty new profile with the profileManager
and see if it fails. Safe mode is far from safe from modifications.
0
Millwood
12/25/2016 2:42:25 AM
On 12/24/16 9:42 PM, Millwood wrote:
> Reed wrote:
>> On my Mac w/FF, this M/C webpage only displays a "header" and a
>> "footer". The body is missing.
>>
>> https://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/
>>
>> Other "compare" pages (hospital, etc) display OK.
>>
>> Also fails in Safe Mode.
>>
>> Does not fail in Safari browser
>>
>> FF is 50.1.0  on Mac w/ 10.12.2 Sierra
>>
>> Any suggestions on what to look at next ?
> First thing to do is make an empty new profile with the profileManager
> and see if it fails. Safe mode is far from safe from modifications.

OK, FF with test profile does display the page properly. What is next
step ?
0
Reed
12/25/2016 2:57:52 AM
On 2016-12-24 9:39 PM, Reed wrote:
> On my Mac w/FF, this M/C webpage only displays a "header" and a
> "footer". The body is missing.
>
> https://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/
>
> Other "compare" pages (hospital, etc) display OK.
>
> Also fails in Safe Mode.
>
> Does not fail in Safari browser
>
> FF is 50.1.0  on Mac w/ 10.12.2 Sierra
>
> Any suggestions on what to look at next ?

Try disabling your adblocker.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
On 25/12/2016, Reed <Retired@home.com> wrote:
> On 12/24/16 9:42 PM, Millwood wrote:
>> Reed wrote:
>>> On my Mac w/FF, this M/C webpage only displays a "header" and a
>>> "footer". The body is missing.
>>>
>>> https://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/
>>>
>>> Other "compare" pages (hospital, etc) display OK.
>>>
>>> Also fails in Safe Mode.
>>>
>>> Does not fail in Safari browser
>>>
>>> FF is 50.1.0  on Mac w/ 10.12.2 Sierra
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on what to look at next ?
>> First thing to do is make an empty new profile with the profileManager
>> and see if it fails. Safe mode is far from safe from modifications.
>

> OK, FF with test profile does display the page properly. What is next
> step ?

Do you have javascript disabled?

javascript is responsible for most of the havoc on the WWW, and is
interpreted differently between computers.

Mant australian government departments and utility companies, use
javascript, to cause disruption.

My suggestion is to check to find whether you have javascript disabled
in firefox, and, if you do have it disabled, try enabling it then
visiting the particular web site.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
 Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
 "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
 A Trilogy In Four Parts",
 written by Douglas Adams,
 published by Pan Books, 1992

Bret
12/25/2016 6:59:10 AM

On 12/25/16 1:59 AM, Bret Busby wrote:
> On 25/12/2016, Reed <Retired@home.com> wrote:

>>> First thing to do is make an empty new profile with the profileManager
>>> and see if it fails. Safe mode is far from safe from modifications.
>>

>> OK, FF with test profile does display the page properly. What is next
>> step ?
>>

> Do you have javascript disabled?
>
> javascript is responsible for most of the havoc on the WWW, and is
> interpreted differently between computers.
>
> Mant australian government departments and utility companies, use
> javascript, to cause disruption.
>
> My suggestion is to check to find whether you have javascript disabled
> in firefox, and, if you do have it disabled, try enabling it then
> visiting the particular web site.

JS is enabled. Tried without it anyway, and got a warning popup from
Medicare's home page that their whole site does not work without it.

So far, the only change that works is to switch to new default profile.
0
Reed
12/25/2016 1:09:40 PM
On 12/25/16 1:30 AM, Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 2016-12-24 9:39 PM, Reed wrote:
>> On my Mac w/FF, this M/C webpage only displays a "header" and a
>> "footer". The body is missing.
>>
>> https://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/
>>
>> Other "compare" pages (hospital, etc) display OK.
>>
>> Also fails in Safe Mode.
>>
>> Does not fail in Safari browser
>>
>> FF is 50.1.0  on Mac w/ 10.12.2 Sierra
>>
>> Any suggestions on what to look at next ?
>
> Try disabling your adblocker.

OK, tried disabling Adblock Plus. Page still fails. Also fails in Safe
Mode.

So far, only change that works is a new default profile.
0
Reed