can get this installed properly so that Firefox 2.0 recognizes it ?
0
Edward
11/16/2006 5:37:07 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On 2006-11-16 10:37 (-0700 UTC), Edward Diener wrote:

> I followed the internet links for downloading and installing the
> Macromedia Flash Player for Linux. After installation I see the file
> flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so in the
> /usr/lib/firefox-2.0/plugins directory. Yet when I go to a site under
> Firefox 2.0 which needs the Flash Player, all I see is a little box for
> installing it again. I do not see any place in Firefox 2.0 where I can
> check and see what plug-ins are installed or any way I can determine
> what plug-ins are recognized and working correctly. Is there some way I
> can get this installed properly so that Firefox 2.0 recognizes it ?

Which distro? -- I had set up a FC 5 machine at work in late June that had
precisely the same problem; unfortunately, I never had the time to try to
trouble-shoot it. :-(

/b.
0
Brian
11/16/2006 7:03:07 PM
Brian Heinrich wrote:

> On 2006-11-16 10:37 (-0700 UTC), Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> I followed the internet links for downloading and installing the
>> Macromedia Flash Player for Linux. After installation I see the file
>> flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so in the
>> /usr/lib/firefox-2.0/plugins directory. Yet when I go to a site under
>> Firefox 2.0 which needs the Flash Player, all I see is a little box for
>> installing it again. I do not see any place in Firefox 2.0 where I can
>> check and see what plug-ins are installed or any way I can determine
>> what plug-ins are recognized and working correctly. Is there some way I
>> can get this installed properly so that Firefox 2.0 recognizes it ?
>
> Which distro? -- I had set up a FC 5 machine at work in late June that had
> precisely the same problem; unfortunately, I never had the time to try to
> trouble-shoot it. :-(

There may be no solution.  Many sites require the absolute latest
version of Flash, which is windows-only;  the linux version is one or
two steps behind and there's nothing we can do about it except send
nasty letters to Macromedia.

"We've got some stupid people out there. This morning, I woke
  up in a bathtub filled with ice and I had an extra kidney."
0
The
11/16/2006 8:11:26 PM
On 2006-11-16 13:11 (-0700 UTC), The Real Bev wrote:

> Brian Heinrich wrote:

<snip />

>> Which distro? -- I had set up a FC 5 machine at work in late June that
>> had precisely the same problem; unfortunately, I never had the time to
>> try to trouble-shoot it. :-(
>
> There may be no solution.

Flash just wouldn't work on that machine.  I had no problems on the SUSE
10.1 box I was using.

> Many sites require the absolute latest
> version of Flash, which is windows-only;  the linux version is one or
> two steps behind and there's nothing we can do about it except send
> nasty letters to Macromedia.

Macromedia is no more; it was assimilated by Adobe.

However,
<http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200611/110706Mozilla.html>
sounds interesting. . . .

/b.
0
Brian
11/16/2006 8:16:57 PM
Brian Heinrich wrote:

> On 2006-11-16 13:11 (-0700 UTC), The Real Bev wrote:
>
>> Brian Heinrich wrote:
>
> <snip />
>
>>> Which distro? -- I had set up a FC 5 machine at work in late June that
>>> had precisely the same problem; unfortunately, I never had the time to
>>> try to trouble-shoot it. :-(
>>
>> There may be no solution.
>
> Flash just wouldn't work on that machine.  I had no problems on the SUSE
> 10.1 box I was using.
>
>> Many sites require the absolute latest
>> version of Flash, which is windows-only;  the linux version is one or
>> two steps behind and there's nothing we can do about it except send
>> nasty letters to Macromedia.
>
> Macromedia is no more; it was assimilated by Adobe.

I was annoyed that Acrobat couldn't read some .pdf files that xpdf read
without problems.  OTOH, it works both ways -- xpdf burped on stuff that
acrobat read easily.

> However,
> <http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200611/110706Mozilla.html>
> sounds interesting. . . .

Nobody said anything about cross-platform, though...

Hmph.  I used to have snow tires.  Never again.  They melted in the
spring.  I won't even start going on about my wood stove.
                                                         -- websurf1
0
The
11/16/2006 8:38:06 PM
Brian Heinrich wrote:
> On 2006-11-16 10:37 (-0700 UTC), Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> I followed the internet links for downloading and installing the
>> Macromedia Flash Player for Linux. After installation I see the file
>> flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so in the
>> /usr/lib/firefox-2.0/plugins directory. Yet when I go to a site under
>> Firefox 2.0 which needs the Flash Player, all I see is a little box
>> for installing it again. I do not see any place in Firefox 2.0 where I
>> can check and see what plug-ins are installed or any way I can
>> determine what plug-ins are recognized and working correctly. Is there
>> some way I can get this installed properly so that Firefox 2.0
>> recognizes it ?
>
> Which distro?

CentOS 4.4.

> -- I had set up a FC 5 machine at work in late June that
> had precisely the same problem; unfortunately, I never had the time to
> try to trouble-shoot it. :-(

The big question is: How do I tell in Firefox 2.0 what plugins are
loaded and working ? I would think that somewhere there is a menu item
which actually tells me something about the Firefox plugins and their
status when I am using Firefox. But I have been able to find out nothing
about it, and see hardly a mention about plugins in the FF2 help.
0
Edward
11/17/2006 3:52:57 AM
Edward Diener wrote:

> Brian Heinrich wrote:
>> On 2006-11-16 10:37 (-0700 UTC), Edward Diener wrote:
/snip/

> The big question is: How do I tell in Firefox 2.0 what plugins are
> loaded and working ? I would think that somewhere there is a menu item
> which actually tells me something about the Firefox plugins and their
> status when I am using Firefox. But I have been able to find out nothing
> about it, and see hardly a mention about plugins in the FF2 help.

Type about:plugins into the location bar?

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
11/17/2006 4:06:40 AM
Edward Diener wrote:
> I followed the internet links for downloading and installing the
> Macromedia Flash Player for Linux. After installation I see the file
> flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so in the
> /usr/lib/firefox-2.0/plugins directory. Yet when I go to a site under
> Firefox 2.0 which needs the Flash Player, all I see is a little box for
> installing it again. I do not see any place in Firefox 2.0 where I can
> check and see what plug-ins are installed or any way I can determine
> what plug-ins are recognized and working correctly. Is there some way I
> can get this installed properly so that Firefox 2.0 recognizes it ?

Try putting the files in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.

At least, thats what works for me, with FF 1.5.0.8 & FC6.

HTH.

--
Alex
0
Alex K. wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>> I followed the internet links for downloading and installing the
>> Macromedia Flash Player for Linux. After installation I see the file
>> flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so in the
>> /usr/lib/firefox-2.0/plugins directory. Yet when I go to a site under
>> Firefox 2.0 which needs the Flash Player, all I see is a little box
>> for installing it again. I do not see any place in Firefox 2.0 where I
>> can check and see what plug-ins are installed or any way I can
>> determine what plug-ins are recognized and working correctly. Is there
>> some way I can get this installed properly so that Firefox 2.0
>> recognizes it ?
>
> Try putting the files in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.
>
> At least, thats what works for me, with FF 1.5.0.8 & FC6.
>
> HTH.

I have these two files in /usr/lib/browser-plugins/ _and_ soft links to them
from ~/.mozilla/plugins/. Macromedia flash is listed in about:plugins .

Best regards,
Tony.
0
Tony
11/17/2006 10:07:29 PM
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> Brian Heinrich wrote:
>>> On 2006-11-16 10:37 (-0700 UTC), Edward Diener wrote:
> /snip/
>>
>> The big question is: How do I tell in Firefox 2.0 what plugins are
>> loaded and working ? I would think that somewhere there is a menu item
>> which actually tells me something about the Firefox plugins and their
>> status when I am using Firefox. But I have been able to find out
>> nothing about it, and see hardly a mention about plugins in the FF2 help.
>
> Type about:plugins into the location bar?

This lists:

> Shockwave Flash
>
>     File name: libflashplayer.so
>     Shockwave Flash 7.0 r68
>
> MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
> application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
> application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes

but the page still acts like I need to install Macromedia Flash. I will
juts assume the page is wrong. The page in question is:

http://doyouwantlieswiththat.com/
0
Edward
11/20/2006 5:43:53 AM
Edward Diener wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Edward Diener wrote:

>> /snip/
>>>
>>> The big question is: How do I tell in Firefox 2.0 what plugins are
>>> loaded and working ? I would think that somewhere there is a menu
>>> item which actually tells me something about the Firefox plugins and
>>> their status when I am using Firefox. But I have been able to find
>>> out nothing about it, and see hardly a mention about plugins in the
>>> FF2 help.
>>
>> Type about:plugins into the location bar?
>
> This lists:
>
>> Shockwave Flash
>>
>>     File name: libflashplayer.so
>>     Shockwave Flash 7.0 r68
>>
>> MIME Type     Description     Suffixes     Enabled
>> application/x-shockwave-flash     Shockwave Flash     swf     Yes
>> application/futuresplash     FutureSplash Player     spl     Yes
>
> but the page still acts like I need to install Macromedia Flash. I will
> juts assume the page is wrong. The page in question is:
>
> http://doyouwantlieswiththat.com/
A couple of things.
First, why does anyone waste time with such sites?  sigh.
Second, my about:plugins reports shockwave flash version 9.0 r28.
Perhaps a visit to the Adobe site is in order.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Edward Diener wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Edward Diener wrote:

>> /snip/
>>>
>>> The big question is: How do I tell in Firefox 2.0 what plugins are
>>> loaded and working ? I would think that somewhere there is a menu
>>> item which actually tells me something about the Firefox plugins and
>>> their status when I am using Firefox. But I have been able to find
>>> out nothing about it, and see hardly a mention about plugins in the
>>> FF2 help.
>>
>> Type about:plugins into the location bar?
>
> This lists:
>
>> Shockwave Flash
>>
>>     File name: libflashplayer.so
>>     Shockwave Flash 7.0 r68
>>
>> MIME Type     Description     Suffixes     Enabled
>> application/x-shockwave-flash     Shockwave Flash     swf     Yes
>> application/futuresplash     FutureSplash Player     spl     Yes
>
> but the page still acts like I need to install Macromedia Flash. I will
> juts assume the page is wrong. The page in question is:
>
> http://doyouwantlieswiththat.com/

The flash plays on a Mac with Flash 9 installed, but not on Linux with
7. Since Adobe has not seen fit to release a newer version then 7 for
Linux, I don't think there is anything that can be done.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
11/20/2006 12:35:47 PM
Ron Hunter wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:

>>> /snip/

>>> Type about:plugins into the location bar?
>>
>> This lists:
>>
>>> Shockwave Flash
>>>
>>>     File name: libflashplayer.so
>>>     Shockwave Flash 7.0 r68
>>>
>>> MIME Type     Description     Suffixes     Enabled
>>> application/x-shockwave-flash     Shockwave Flash     swf     Yes
>>> application/futuresplash     FutureSplash Player     spl     Yes
>>
>> but the page still acts like I need to install Macromedia Flash. I
>> will juts assume the page is wrong. The page in question is:
>>
>> http://doyouwantlieswiththat.com/
> A couple of things.
> First, why does anyone waste time with such sites?  sigh.
> Second, my about:plugins reports shockwave flash version 9.0 r28.
> Perhaps a visit to the Adobe site is in order.

He has the most current version for Linux.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
11/20/2006 12:36:23 PM
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:

>>> /snip/

>>> Type about:plugins into the location bar?
>>
>> This lists:
>>
>>> Shockwave Flash
>>>
>>>     File name: libflashplayer.so
>>>     Shockwave Flash 7.0 r68
>>>
>>> MIME Type     Description     Suffixes     Enabled
>>> application/x-shockwave-flash     Shockwave Flash     swf     Yes
>>> application/futuresplash     FutureSplash Player     spl     Yes
>>
>> but the page still acts like I need to install Macromedia Flash. I
>> will juts assume the page is wrong. The page in question is:
>>
>> http://doyouwantlieswiththat.com/
>
> The flash plays on a Mac with Flash 9 installed, but not on Linux with
> 7. Since Adobe has not seen fit to release a newer version then 7 for
> Linux, I don't think there is anything that can be done.
>
> Lee

I get the idea that Adobe isn't all that interested in developing for
*nix platforms.  Sorry to say.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Ron
11/20/2006 1:04:36 PM
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Edward Diener wrote:

>>> This lists:

>>> but the page still acts like I need to install Macromedia Flash. I
>>> will juts assume the page is wrong. The page in question is:
>>>
>>> http://doyouwantlieswiththat.com/
>> A couple of things.
>> First, why does anyone waste time with such sites?  sigh.
>> Second, my about:plugins reports shockwave flash version 9.0 r28.
>> Perhaps a visit to the Adobe site is in order.
>>

> He has the most current version for Linux.
>
> Lee

Was that the last version before Adobe acquired the program?  IF so,
does anyone know their (Adobe's) intentions regarding *nix support?  I
love diversity, even though I wouldn't touch either *nix, or Mac with a
ten-foot pole, for myself, I like the benefits of multiple ways of doing
things, and the innovation it causes.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Ron
11/20/2006 1:09:11 PM
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:

>>> /snip/
>>> Type about:plugins into the location bar?
>> This lists:
>>
>>> Shockwave Flash
>>>
>>>     File name: libflashplayer.so
>>>     Shockwave Flash 7.0 r68
>>>
>>> MIME Type     Description     Suffixes     Enabled
>>> application/x-shockwave-flash     Shockwave Flash     swf     Yes
>>> application/futuresplash     FutureSplash Player     spl     Yes
>> but the page still acts like I need to install Macromedia Flash. I will
>> juts assume the page is wrong. The page in question is:
>>
>> http://doyouwantlieswiththat.com/
>
> The flash plays on a Mac with Flash 9 installed, but not on Linux with
> 7. Since Adobe has not seen fit to release a newer version then 7 for
> Linux, I don't think there is anything that can be done.
>
> Lee

Flash Player 9 beta 2 for Linux is available from the Adobe Labs site:
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html

I see that it was updated yesterday, November 20, 2006.

Thanks to Q, I believe, for originally pointing me to this a while back.
 I have just upgraded to FC6 & had forgotten about this download until
the subject came up.  Too many irons in the fire.

--
Alex K.
0

Scrolling with Mouse wheel Problems with Flash in Firefox (2.0.0.12 (Linux) + newest Adobe Flash Linux)
Hi, I have the problem that when I use my mouse wheel to scroll down a page and happen to have my cursor come over a flash object, the scrolling stops. Obviously the mouse wheel commands are sent to the Plugin, even though I have never brought it to focus with a click. The windows version of Firefox behaves different in this matter. It allows continues scrolling without stop. The stop is very unsettling, especially if you don't use a mouse directly but an emulated mouse. First of all: I don't want to install a flash blocker but rather find a solution than a workarou...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

firefox 2.0.0.2 on linux
Name: mouthuy thierry Email: mouthuyatcppmdotin2p3.fr Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 2.0.0.2 on linux Comments: after upgrading to FF on FC6, all passwords were lost. Used saved password to recover. OK. After restarting FF, all password lost again. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070220 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Irritating Firefox bug (Firefox 2.0.0.2)!
Name: Pontus Product: Firefox Summary: Irritating Firefox bug (Firefox 2.0.0.2)! Comments: Hi, I was using the mozilla firefox 2.x. I got a massage stating "a new version is availible bla bla"(translated from Swedish). I klicked on the install buton and mozilla restarted. The install-dialog apered and then mozilla crashed! I tryd to restart the FF but i got a FF is not a windows program!!! Wtf! I checked my harddrive and there was no space left! It looks like the FF updater doesn't check how much harddrive space thats left before the update and then install a corr...

XForms 0.8.0.2 release not working on linux firefox 2.0.0.4
Hi, I just upgraded the xforms to 0.8.0.2 from 0.8.0.1 on firefox (linux) 2.0.0.4. All xhtml pages stopped rendering. Is this the issue with the new release or I should look something into my code. Thanx for help in advance. -regards, Piyush A problem also on Mac OS X version 0.8.0.2. It doesn't install not valid hash file (probably corrupted download). -261 On 5 Lug, 13:49, Piyush <piyush.sin...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I just upgraded the xforms to 0.8.0.2 from 0.8.0.1 on firefox (linux) > 2.0.0.4. All xhtml pages stopped rendering. &g...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.19
Name: Yvonne Email: delphinshireatyahoodotca Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.19 - That's it for Firefox 2 Comments: From a Mac user: Firefox 3.0 requires a minimum OS of Mac 10.4. I and others still use their G3 iMacs (from 1999). These computers will not run on Mac OS 10.4. The latest OS they can run is 10.3.9. I want to ask -- (1) if Firefox 2 can be kept around a little longer. Or, (2) if there is a way to make Firefox 3 compatible with OS 10.3.9. That is, can Mozilla make the security improvements backward compatible with OS 10.3.9? And is there a ...

Why doesn't Flash Player suppppport Firefox 2.0.0.6 using Windows ME?
Name: Barrie Email: barriejsattadaustdotorgdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Why doesn't Flash Player suppppport Firefox 2.0.0.6 using Windows ME? Comments: I upgraded from version 1.5 to 2.0.0.6 because it was claimed to be better. When attempting to download the Flash plug-in I received a message that either the system or browser was not supported. Why is this so? There is also no mention of this in your knowledge base. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: badidea Email: very_bad_ideaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I don't know what changed since 2.0.0.1 but the new releases (2.0.0.2, 2.0.0.3) seem very buggy. Random crashes, slow responses and additionally problems with administrator rights. I had similar problems on 2 out of 2 systems. Best solution for me (and probably a lot of other users) is to go back to 2.0.0.1 and disable automatic update. Success! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2....

Firefox 3.0.2
Name: Sean Nel Email: seanatshootsdotcodotza Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.2 - Flash player Comments: I have noticed that leaving the browser open for extended periods with multiple tabs on flash video pages, will eventually push all the resources on the computer (dual core MBP 2.4ghz) to firefox, until it reaches 102% (according to system status) at which point it will hang the browser. This is about a 4-8 hour period, which, I assume is not normal usage, but still points to some memory/resource leak Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10...

Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Jack Werner Email: jndotwernerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I upgraded to firefox 3.0.5 and lost functionality. My home page no longer "sticks" between repeated invocations of firefox. My Usernames don't "stick" either. With 2.0.0.20 I have this functionality. That is why I backleveled to it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expe...

Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2?
Name: Russell Nelson Email: rnelsonatgenedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2? Comments: I am currently using a version of Firefox with the version number of 2.0.0.3. This is the second time that I have been told that it has now been updated to a newer version of Firefox with a version number of 2.0.0.2. I assume that 2.0.0.3 is newer (and better) than version 2.0.0.2. How can I stop this "update"? Russ Nelson 650-225-7212 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 #2
Name: Ray Harris Email: vinrayolatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.2 Comments: Why do I keep getting reminders to download the new version of Firefox when I have already done so? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Web resources about - Macromedia Flash Player on Firefox 2.0 under Linux - mozilla.support.firefox

Macromedia HomeSite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HomeSite was an HTML editor owned by Adobe Systems (formerly owned by Allaire and Macromedia ). Unlike WYSIWYG HTML editors such as Microsoft ...

Adobe to buy Macromedia for $3.4 billion
... CNET News. Published on April 18, 2005 8:05 AM PDT. Desktop publishing specialist Adobe Systems is buying multimedia applications maker Macromedia ...

Update: Adobe to buy Macromedia for $3.4 billion
... puts Adobe squarely in the path of rival Microsoft and its plans for Avalon Adobe Systems has reached a definitive agreement to acquire Macromedia ...

Adobe to buy Macromedia for $3.4 billion
Adobe Systems Inc. has reached a definitive agreement to acquire Macromedia Inc. for US$3.4 billion in stock, the company said Monday.

Macromedia Flash
Monday, June 9, 1997 by Dave Winer. I've spent the last few days hanging out with Marc Canter. He's working on a dynamic HTML site to show off ...

CS5 Countdown is on... When we brought Adobe and Macromedia together …
The web's technology news site of record, Techmeme spotlights the hottest tech stories from all around the web on a single page.

Macromedia Rides the FutureWave
Web site for the Microsoft Network, FutureSplash Animator has not exactly become a household name among Web surfers. Enter Macromedia. "It was ...

Edit Overview - Jeremy Allaire - CrunchBase Person Profile
Please provide a descriptive, neutral, third-person overview of this person. Avoid marketing language. Start with one sentence that best describes ...

Privacy Policy - LinkedIn
Last revised on June 16, 2011 LinkedIn Privacy Policy Highlights This page summarizes the key highlights from our Privacy Policy. For more information, ...

Sencha embeds interactive CSS3 animations in iBook Author
In 2005, Adobe acquired Macromedia for $3.4 billion to branch out from conventional print publishing into the dynamic web market, largely to ...