Legacy Add-ons and FireFox 57

I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
be used in FireFox 57:

Colorful Tabs
Download Status Bar
DownThemAll
Enpass Password Manager
=46ireGestures
Kaspersky Protection
Open Bookmarks in New Tab
Open Link in New Tab
Reload Every
TinyURL Generator

They are not all equally important, of course.
0
Ken
10/10/2017 12:07:21 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23873 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 10/9/2017 8:07 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
> be used in FireFox 57:
>
> Colorful Tabs
> Download Status Bar
> DownThemAll
> Enpass Password Manager
> FireGestures
> Kaspersky Protection
> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
> Open Link in New Tab
> Reload Every
> TinyURL Generator
>
> They are not all equally important, of course.

For "Open Bookmarks in New Tab" (assuming it does exactly what it sounds
like): in Fx57 it's a native feature; just set the about:config pref
browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs
to true
0
custom
10/10/2017 1:20:23 AM
On 10/9/2017 8:07 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
> be used in FireFox 57:
>
> Colorful Tabs
> Download Status Bar
> DownThemAll
> Enpass Password Manager
> FireGestures
> Kaspersky Protection
> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
> Open Link in New Tab
> Reload Every
> TinyURL Generator
>
> They are not all equally important, of course.

It is my understanding that DownThemAll will die with 57.   I have
installed Download Star  It is a WebExtension, so will work for many
future version.   It works different than DownThemAll but after learning
the interface I think it will be equivalent.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/09/04/download-star-a-down-them-all-alternative-for-firefox/
0
Keith
10/10/2017 1:26:36 AM
On 10/9/2017 2:07 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
> be used in FireFox 57:
>
> Colorful Tabs
> Download Status Bar
> DownThemAll
> Enpass Password Manager
> FireGestures
> Kaspersky Protection
> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
> Open Link in New Tab
> Reload Every
> TinyURL Generator
>
> They are not all equally important, of course.

There is a list, Firefox-webext-list, continually updated, here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0
0
Desiree
10/10/2017 3:18:43 AM
Ken Blake wrote:
> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
> be used in FireFox 57:
>
> Colorful Tabs
> Download Status Bar
> DownThemAll
> Enpass Password Manager
> FireGestures
> Kaspersky Protection
> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
> Open Link in New Tab
> Reload Every
> TinyURL Generator
>
> They are not all equally important, of course.

"Are we WebExtensions yet?"

"Here’s a centralized repository of the migration status for various
high impact AMO content based on popularity, unique functionality, or
otherwise. ..."

https://arewewebextensionsyet.com/
0
Andrei
10/10/2017 5:54:35 AM
On 10/10/2017 1:07 am, Ken Blake wrote:

> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
> be used in FireFox 57:
>
> Colorful Tabs
> Download Status Bar
> DownThemAll
> Enpass Password Manager
> FireGestures
> Kaspersky Protection
> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
> Open Link in New Tab
> Reload Every
> TinyURL Generator
>
> They are not all equally important, of course.

Sadly, one you haven't mentioned, Tab Mix Plus, does not look like it's
going to be migrated any time soon.   The two features I use from TMP
are 1) to open bookmarks in new tabs (covered in 57) and 2) to open into
a new tab a URL typed into the address bar followed by <enter> (as
opposed to the annoying <alt> <enter> ... I haven't heard that that
facility is going to be covered in 57. Anyone know better?

Wilf
0
Wilf
--------------D21BA774BD16CB6827AF99E1

My favorites, which I am hoping will be migrated are:

saveLinkOnAltClick
Save images (by Lumox)

On 10/10/2017 09:43, Wilf wrote:
> Sadly, one you haven't mentioned

--------------D21BA774BD16CB6827AF99E1

  <head>
  </head>
      Save images (by Lumox)<br>
      cite="mid:b7KdncwmHJKX50HEnZ2dnUU7-I3NnZ2d@mozilla.org">Sadly, one
      you haven't mentioned</blockquote>

--------------D21BA774BD16CB6827AF99E1--
0
Gary
10/10/2017 7:53:08 AM
On 10/9/17 8:07 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
> be used in FireFox 57:
>
> Colorful Tabs
> Download Status Bar
> DownThemAll
> Enpass Password Manager
> FireGestures
> Kaspersky Protection
> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
> Open Link in New Tab
> Reload Every
> TinyURL Generator
>
> They are not all equally important, of course.

Web extensions can be used in 56.0 *now*.

You can use the Extension Finder here
<https://mozilla.github.io/extension-finder/>

or peruse the now 9,002 extensions listed as compatible with 57+ here.

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=&appver=57.0>

I haven't gone through all 451 pages, but I found there are some
inaccuracies in the results.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
10/10/2017 1:13:42 PM
On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 21:20:23 -0400, "custom.firefox.lady"
<stayopenmenu@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 10/9/2017 8:07 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
>> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
>> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
>> be used in FireFox 57:
>>=20
>> Colorful Tabs
>> Download Status Bar
>> DownThemAll
>> Enpass Password Manager
>> FireGestures
>> Kaspersky Protection
>> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
>> Open Link in New Tab
>> Reload Every
>> TinyURL Generator
>>=20
>> They are not all equally important, of course.
>>=20
>
>For "Open Bookmarks in New Tab" (assuming it does exactly what it sounds=
=20
>like): in Fx57 it's a native feature; just set the about:config pref
>browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs
>to true

Thanks very much.
0
Ken
10/10/2017 3:56:43 PM
On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 21:26:36 -0400, Keith Nuttle
<keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 10/9/2017 8:07 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
>> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
>> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
>> be used in FireFox 57:
>>=20
>> Colorful Tabs
>> Download Status Bar
>> DownThemAll
>> Enpass Password Manager
>> FireGestures
>> Kaspersky Protection
>> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
>> Open Link in New Tab
>> Reload Every
>> TinyURL Generator
>>=20
>> They are not all equally important, of course.
>>=20
>It is my understanding that DownThemAll will die with 57.   I have=20
>installed Download Star  It is a WebExtension, so will work for many=20
>future version.   It works different than DownThemAll but after learning=
=20
>the interface I think it will be equivalent.
>
>https://www.ghacks.net/2017/09/04/download-star-a-down-them-all-alternat=
ive-for-firefox/

Thanks very much.
0
Ken
10/10/2017 4:03:02 PM
On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 17:18:43 -1000, Desiree <melelina@medscape.com>
wrote:

>On 10/9/2017 2:07 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
>> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
>> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
>> be used in FireFox 57:
>>
>> Colorful Tabs
>> Download Status Bar
>> DownThemAll
>> Enpass Password Manager
>> FireGestures
>> Kaspersky Protection
>> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
>> Open Link in New Tab
>> Reload Every
>> TinyURL Generator
>>
>> They are not all equally important, of course.
>>
>There is a list, Firefox-webext-list, continually updated, here:
>
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0=
VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=3D0

Thanks very much, I'll look at this later, when I have more time.

0
Ken
10/10/2017 4:06:25 PM
On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 08:54:35 +0300, "Andrei Z."
<no-email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Ken Blake wrote:
>> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
>> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
>> be used in FireFox 57:
>>=20
>> Colorful Tabs
>> Download Status Bar
>> DownThemAll
>> Enpass Password Manager
>> FireGestures
>> Kaspersky Protection
>> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
>> Open Link in New Tab
>> Reload Every
>> TinyURL Generator
>>=20
>> They are not all equally important, of course.
>>=20
>
>"Are we WebExtensions yet?"
>
>"Here=92s a centralized repository of the migration status for various=20
>high impact AMO content based on popularity, unique functionality, or=20
>otherwise. ..."
>
>https://arewewebextensionsyet.com/

Thanks very much

0
Ken
10/10/2017 4:08:01 PM
On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 09:13:42 -0400, WaltS48 <thalionusa@REMOVEaol.com>
wrote:

>From: WaltS48 <thalionusa@REMOVEaol.com>
>Subject: Re: Legacy Add-ons and FireFox 57
>Newsgroups: mozilla.support.firefox
>
>On 10/9/17 8:07 PM, Ken Blake wrote:
>> I use the following add-ons marked Legacy, and was hoping someone
>> could tell me which of them would soon have updates permitting them to
>> be used in FireFox 57:
>>=20
>> Colorful Tabs
>> Download Status Bar
>> DownThemAll
>> Enpass Password Manager
>> FireGestures
>> Kaspersky Protection
>> Open Bookmarks in New Tab
>> Open Link in New Tab
>> Reload Every
>> TinyURL Generator
>>=20
>> They are not all equally important, of course.
>>=20
>
>Web extensions can be used in 56.0 *now*.
>
>You can use the Extension Finder here=20
><https://mozilla.github.io/extension-finder/>
>
>or peruse the now 9,002 extensions listed as compatible with 57+ here.
>
><https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=3D&appver=3D57.0>
>
>I haven't gone through all 451 pages, but I found there are some=20
>inaccuracies in the results.

thanks very much

0
Ken