Legacy add-on: Cookies Manager+ (?) will have no replacement?

 From Cookies Manager+ add-on page

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/cookies-manager-plus/

we read:

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Cookies Manager+ by V@no
Restart RequiredRestart Required

Cookies manager to view, edit and create new cookies. It also shows
extra information about cookies, allows edit multiple cookies at once
and backup/restore them. THIS ADDON WILL NEVER SUPPORT FIREFOX 57+ USE
WATERFOX OR PALEMOON INSTEAD

About this extension

The death of this addon and countless others (ultimately Firefox itself).

This extension was originally based on outdated (and probably abandoned)
Add N Edit Cookies v0.2.1.3 by goodwill.

New in this branch compare to original Add N Edit Cookies:

     total replacement for built-in cookie viewer (optional)
     ability change domain, path and name of a cookie
     ability edit multiple cookies at once
     ability save as new or replace original cookie when domain, path or
name changed
     option for automatic monitoring cookies changes and updates
information in window
     option for filter auto apply while typing
     customize what kind of cookie information you want to see,
re-order, show/hide info fields and columns
     export cookie information into clipboard or a file with use of
customizable templates
     backup/restore all or only selected cookies. When restoring
selected cookies only information about these cookies will used from
backup file, anything else will be ignored and no other cookies will be
affected.
     ability manually change expiration date directly at "expire" field,
no more need select "new date"
     "Add cookie" window automatically fills out domain and path fields
based of selected cookie (if any)
     pressing ESC key will close window
     when selected a cookie and pressed ENTER will open edit cookie
window, if pressed DEL will delete cookie
     clicking on "Cookies Manager+" button/menu option will bring
already opened window to the front.
     window title is different when edit cookie or add new
     most information fields are also available as list columns, which
allow sort cookies by these columns
     ability make window stay on top of all other FF windows
     displays extra information about cookies, such as when it was
created and last accessed
     accessible-friendly (all thanks goes to Jonathan Ely for feedback
and testing). Every feature is keyboard accessible and 95% working with
JAWS screen reader (it seems it ignores labels on some dropdown menus)
     automatically delete expired cookies
     set content, send for, http only and expired fields of a cookie to
read-only

Once installed, go to App button (orange button) -> Web Developer ->
Cookies Manager+
or
Tools -> Cookies Manager+.
Alternatively you can add "Cookies Manager+" icon in a toolbar.

Questions, bug reports or feature requests please send to provided email
(EMail) or post on support web site (GitHub Cookies Manager+)

To do list:
- remove popup windows
- combine cookies with the same host into groups, just like the default
cookie manager has. Until then leave the built-in manager intact and
allow user chose if they want use CM+ instead of built-in (will be added
in v1.1)
- add help section
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

What Palemoon and Waterfox are? I did yet not make a search on them, but
you may answer the harder things to discover about them. I imagine they
are Firefox derivatives or alternatives.

Will there be some way to do what Cookies Manager+ can do, in newer FF
versions? If not, I will stick to FF ESR 52.2.0 a very long time,
possibly more time than it is supported, which I read is at the end of 2018.
0
Balaco
11/9/2017 4:21:50 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23920 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

<https://mozilla.github.io/extension-finder/> search for

cookie

Found:

Cookie Manager
<https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/a-cookie-manager/>

Issues:
<https://github.com/Rob--W/cookie-manager/issues>
0
Graham
11/10/2017 1:25:44 AM
Em 09-11-2017 23:25, Graham Perrin escreveu:
> <https://mozilla.github.io/extension-finder/> search for
>
> cookie
>
> Found:
>
> Cookie Manager
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/a-cookie-manager/>
>
> Issues:
> <https://github.com/Rob--W/cookie-manager/issues>

Thank you very much!

That search page is very strange, we cannot type 2 words to search, or
it will not consider the first one. I tried "cookie m", and when I typed
"m", the previous shown results disappeared.

I installed the extension you pointed. I will test it in the next hours.
0
Balaco
11/10/2017 10:24:03 PM
Balaco wrote:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/cookies-manager-plus/
> Cookies manager to view, edit and create new cookies. It also shows
> extra information about cookies, allows edit multiple cookies at once
> and backup/restore them. THIS ADDON WILL NEVER SUPPORT FIREFOX 57+ USE
> WATERFOX OR PALEMOON INSTEAD

Didn't know this add-on, but it works like a charm to manipulate
cookies to counter site annoyances. So thanks for bringing it up.

Too bad Ghostery doesn't work with Palemoon.

-p

0
PietB
11/11/2017 2:10:02 PM
Em 11-11-2017 12:10, PietB escreveu:
> Balaco wrote:
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/cookies-manager-plus/
>> Cookies manager to view, edit and create new cookies. It also shows
>> extra information about cookies, allows edit multiple cookies at once
>> and backup/restore them. THIS ADDON WILL NEVER SUPPORT FIREFOX 57+ USE
>> WATERFOX OR PALEMOON INSTEAD
>
> Didn't know this add-on, but it works like a charm to manipulate
> cookies to counter site annoyances. So thanks for bringing it up.
>
> Too bad Ghostery doesn't work with Palemoon.

It is great that you liked it! I am also happy to have found that. With
it, I discovered many cookies I did not even imagine existed! It is a
shame, in my opinion, that original Firefox has so few privacy related
features.

There is also the extension "a cookie manager" or simply "cookie
manager", but I could not use it in a few tries. Later I try it again,
just to check if it has some good feature. It is named
"c1b65331-e07b-46d4-ad9f-5ae567e36047", if anyone wants to know exactly
which I said.
0
Balaco
11/11/2017 2:45:27 PM
Em 11-11-2017 12:10, PietB escreveu:
> Balaco wrote:
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/cookies-manager-plus/
>> Cookies manager to view, edit and create new cookies. It also shows
>> extra information about cookies, allows edit multiple cookies at once
>> and backup/restore them. THIS ADDON WILL NEVER SUPPORT FIREFOX 57+ USE
>> WATERFOX OR PALEMOON INSTEAD
>
> Didn't know this add-on, but it works like a charm to manipulate
> cookies to counter site annoyances. So thanks for bringing it up.
>
> Too bad Ghostery doesn't work with Palemoon.

Wow! Ghostery is an extension that more people should know about!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ghostery/

And I quote a paragraph in the above page:

"Ghostery lets you enjoy a cleaner, faster, safer browsing experience by
giving you the control to make informed decisions about the personal
data you share with the trackers on the sites you visit."

Thank you very much for mentioning it, PietB!
0
Balaco
11/11/2017 2:50:42 PM
Balaco wrote:
> PietB escreveu:

You're from PT or BR?

>> Too bad Ghostery doesn't work with Palemoon.
>
> Wow! Ghostery is an extension that more people should know about!

I should have said: Ghostery *no longer* works with PaleMoon.
It used to work until PM was "upgraded" to version 25 or 26,
because it's based on Jetpack/SDK which PM no longer supports.

-p

0
PietB
11/11/2017 3:49:53 PM
Em 11-11-2017 13:49, PietB escreveu:
> Balaco wrote:
>> PietB escreveu:
>
> You're from PT or BR?

 From Brasil. That quote start is what Thunderbird does.

>>> Too bad Ghostery doesn't work with Palemoon.
>>
>> Wow! Ghostery is an extension that more people should know about!
>
> I should have said: Ghostery *no longer* works with PaleMoon.
> It used to work until PM was "upgraded" to version 25 or 26,
> because it's based on Jetpack/SDK which PM no longer supports.

I did not (yet) try Palemoon. But it is, together with Ghostery (at
least in Firefox) one thing that should be with me for years to come.
0
Balaco
11/11/2017 4:57:29 PM
PietB wrote:
> Balaco wrote:
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/cookies-manager-plus/
>> Cookies manager to view, edit and create new cookies. It also shows
>> extra information about cookies, allows edit multiple cookies at once
>> and backup/restore them. THIS ADDON WILL NEVER SUPPORT FIREFOX 57+ USE
>> WATERFOX OR PALEMOON INSTEAD
>
> Didn't know this add-on, but it works like a charm to manipulate
> cookies to counter site annoyances. So thanks for bringing it up.
>
> Too bad Ghostery doesn't work with Palemoon.
>
> -p

Disconnect works with Palemoon.
0
EE
11/11/2017 6:20:51 PM
EE wrote:
> PietB wrote:
>> Balaco wrote:
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/cookies-manager-plus/
>>> Cookies manager to view, edit and create new cookies. It also shows
>>> extra information about cookies, allows edit multiple cookies at once
>>> and backup/restore them. THIS ADDON WILL NEVER SUPPORT FIREFOX 57+ USE
>>> WATERFOX OR PALEMOON INSTEAD
>>
>> Didn't know this add-on, but it works like a charm to manipulate
>> cookies to counter site annoyances. So thanks for bringing it up.
>>
>> Too bad Ghostery doesn't work with Palemoon.
>
> Disconnect works with Palemoon.

Really? In my PM (27.6.0) Disconnect (5.18.21) in AMO says:
"This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox"
Installing an old version (3.15.3.1 (2015)) doesn't look
very attractive.

-p

0
PietB
11/13/2017 6:58:41 PM
On 11/13/17 1:58 PM, PietB wrote:
> EE wrote:
>> PietB wrote:
>>>
>>> Didn't know this add-on, but it works like a charm to manipulate
>>> cookies to counter site annoyances. So thanks for bringing it up.
>>>
>>> Too bad Ghostery doesn't work with Palemoon.
>>
>> Disconnect works with Palemoon.
>
> Really? In my PM (27.6.0) Disconnect (5.18.21) in AMO says:
> "This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox"
> Installing an old version (3.15.3.1 (2015)) doesn't look
> very attractive.
>
> -p

Why are you going to AMO for PM extensions, when PM has its own
extension site?

Sorry Chris. I know this is Firefox support.

Cross posted and Followup set to m.general

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48