Language detection of websites

Some websites allow you to choose between different languages, and it
appears to me that this is chosen according to the user-interface
language of Firefox.

If you want to default to a different language of a certain website
other than that of FF's language, is there a way to configure that?
I'm using FF 60.0.1 on a Mac.

--
Tigerrrrrrrr
0

Tiger <void@none.none> Wrote in message:
> Some websites allow you to choose between different languages, and it
> appears to me that this is chosen according to the user-interface
> language of Firefox.
>
> If you want to default to a different language of a certain website
> other than that of FF's language, is there a way to configure that?
> I'm using FF 60.0.1 on a Mac.

In the FF preferences( probably content section), there is for
 years  present customizable ordered list of preferred explicit
 languages, by priority of choice, if  a website offers particular
  language variants .

There is offer of preference of  language variants as well, like
 en-US, de-CH etc.

It is possible that by default, the list contains only language
 chosen as the FF language, plus perhaps English.

--
Libor Striz

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
0
Libor
5/24/2018 6:58:33 PM
On 24/05/18 20:58, Libor Striz wrote:
> Tiger <void@none.none> Wrote in message:

>> If you want to default to a different language of a certain website
>> other than that of FF's language, is there a way to configure that?
>> I'm using FF 60.0.1 on a Mac.
>>
> In the FF preferences( probably content section), there is for
>   years  present customizable ordered list of preferred explicit
>   languages, by priority of choice, if  a website offers particular
>    language variants .
>
> There is offer of preference of  language variants as well, like
>   en-US, de-CH etc.
>
> It is possible that by default, the list contains only language
>   chosen as the FF language, plus perhaps English.

Thanks! This solved the language problem.
It's in the "General" tab, then look for "Language" where you can as you
explained above, choose several languages in the order of your choice.

--
Tigerrrrrrrr
0