java

go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing where it 
say's applet tag support trying to put a check mark where it say's 
Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a check mark and press ok i get this 
error message saying unable to change browser setting please check that 
Mozilla and Netscape is properly installed on the system and/or that you 
have sufficient permission to change system settings
0
mike
2/11/2006 8:07:32 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23681 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

19 Replies
347 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 52

mike hudon wrote:

> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing where it 
> say's applet tag support trying to put a check mark where it say's 
> Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a check mark and press ok i get this 
> error message saying unable to change browser setting please check that 
> Mozilla and Netscape is properly installed on the system and/or that you 
> have sufficient permission to change system settings
in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the java 
entries.  Do you see them there?

-- 
Time for a change
0
gwtc
2/11/2006 8:55:05 PM
gwtc wrote:
> mike hudon wrote:
> 
>> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing where it 
>> say's applet tag support trying to put a check mark where it say's 
>> Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a check mark and press ok i get 
>> this error message saying unable to change browser setting please 
>> check that Mozilla and Netscape is properly installed on the system 
>> and/or that you have sufficient permission to change system settings
> in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the java entries.  
> Do you see them there?
> 
put the link in the adress bar nothing happens it brings me to about.com
0
mike
2/11/2006 11:25:21 PM
mike hudon wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>> mike hudon wrote:
>>
>>> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing where it 
>>> say's applet tag support trying to put a check mark where it say's 
>>> Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a check mark and press ok i get 
>>> this error message saying unable to change browser setting please 
>>> check that Mozilla and Netscape is properly installed on the system 
>>> and/or that you have sufficient permission to change system settings
>> in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the java 
>> entries.  Do you see them there?
>>
> put the link in the adress bar nothing happens it brings me to about.com
ok found the page now what
0
mike
2/12/2006 1:08:34 AM
mike hudon wrote:
> mike hudon wrote:
>> gwtc wrote:
>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>
>>>> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing where it 
>>>> say's applet tag support trying to put a check mark where it say's 
>>>> Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a check mark and press ok i get 
>>>> this error message saying unable to change browser setting please 
>>>> check that Mozilla and Netscape is properly installed on the system 
>>>> and/or that you have sufficient permission to change system settings
>>> in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the java 
>>> entries.  Do you see them there?
>>>
>> put the link in the adress bar nothing happens it brings me to about.com
> ok found the page now what
all plugins are enable exept one npnul32.dll how do you donwload the file
0
mike
2/12/2006 1:44:36 AM
mike hudon wrote:

> mike hudon wrote:
> 
>> mike hudon wrote:
>> 
>>> gwtc wrote:
>>> 
>>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>>> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing
>>>>> where it say's applet tag support trying to put a check
>>>>> mark where it say's Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a
>>>>> check mark and press ok i get this error message saying
>>>>> unable to change browser setting please check that Mozilla
>>>>> and Netscape is properly installed on the system and/or
>>>>> that you have sufficient permission to change system
>>>>> settings
>>>> 
>>>> in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the
>>>> java entries.  Do you see them there?
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> put the link in the adress bar nothing happens it brings me to
>>> about.com
>> 
>> ok found the page now what
> 
> all plugins are enable exept one npnul32.dll how do you donwload
> the file
thats the Mozilla Default Plug-in, and it should be enabled.  Yours 
isn't?  I don't know how to enable this.  Someone else will have to 
help you about this one.

Back to my original question.  Do you see the java plugins?  There are 
about 7 entries.

-- 
Time for a change
0
gwtc
2/12/2006 5:33:40 AM
gwtc wrote:
> mike hudon wrote:
> 
>> mike hudon wrote:
>>
>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>
>>>> gwtc wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing
>>>>>> where it say's applet tag support trying to put a check
>>>>>> mark where it say's Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a
>>>>>> check mark and press ok i get this error message saying
>>>>>> unable to change browser setting please check that Mozilla
>>>>>> and Netscape is properly installed on the system and/or
>>>>>> that you have sufficient permission to change system
>>>>>> settings
>>>>>
>>>>> in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the
>>>>> java entries.  Do you see them there?
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> put the link in the adress bar nothing happens it brings me to
>>>> about.com
>>>
>>> ok found the page now what
>>
>> all plugins are enable exept one npnul32.dll how do you donwload
>> the file
> thats the Mozilla Default Plug-in, and it should be enabled.  Yours 
> isn't?  I don't know how to enable this.  Someone else will have to help 
> you about this one.
> 
> Back to my original question.  Do you see the java plugins?  There are 
> about 7 entries.
> 
The entry 'plugin.default_plugin_disabled' in about:config controls the 
  state of the npnul32 plugin. In my FF1.5.0.1, the default value of 
this entry is true, so the npnul32 plugin is _disabled_ by default.
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=About:config_entries#Plugin..2A>

IIRC, if the plugin is enabled, FF will show a dialog window when a page 
needs a plugin to render that page correctly. This dialog offers you to 
search/download the missing plugin.

With the default plugin disabled, FF will only show a missing plugin 
icon(s) in the rendered page. [But, IIRC again, FF does show the yellow 
'Missing plugin' banner on the top of the page in this case.]

Regards,

Roland
0
Roland
2/12/2006 12:35:15 PM
Roland de Ruiter wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>> mike hudon wrote:
>>
>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>
>>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> gwtc wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing
>>>>>>> where it say's applet tag support trying to put a check
>>>>>>> mark where it say's Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a
>>>>>>> check mark and press ok i get this error message saying
>>>>>>> unable to change browser setting please check that Mozilla
>>>>>>> and Netscape is properly installed on the system and/or
>>>>>>> that you have sufficient permission to change system
>>>>>>> settings
>>>>>>
>>>>>> in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the
>>>>>> java entries.  Do you see them there?
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> put the link in the adress bar nothing happens it brings me to
>>>>> about.com
>>>>
>>>> ok found the page now what
>>>
>>> all plugins are enable exept one npnul32.dll how do you donwload
>>> the file
>> thats the Mozilla Default Plug-in, and it should be enabled.  Yours 
>> isn't?  I don't know how to enable this.  Someone else will have to 
>> help you about this one.
>>
>> Back to my original question.  Do you see the java plugins?  There are 
>> about 7 entries.
>>
> The entry 'plugin.default_plugin_disabled' in about:config controls the 
>  state of the npnul32 plugin. In my FF1.5.0.1, the default value of this 
> entry is true, so the npnul32 plugin is _disabled_ by default.
> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=About:config_entries#Plugin..2A>
> 
> IIRC, if the plugin is enabled, FF will show a dialog window when a page 
> needs a plugin to render that page correctly. This dialog offers you to 
> search/download the missing plugin.
> 
> With the default plugin disabled, FF will only show a missing plugin 
> icon(s) in the rendered page. [But, IIRC again, FF does show the yellow 
> 'Missing plugin' banner on the top of the page in this case.]
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Roland
still does not answer my question why can't i put a check mark in applet 
tag support for mozilla and netscape in java control panel
0
mike
2/12/2006 3:38:27 PM
mike hudon wrote:

> Roland de Ruiter wrote:
> 
>>gwtc wrote:
>>
>>>mike hudon wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>mike hudon wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>mike hudon wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>gwtc wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>mike hudon wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing
>>>>>>>>where it say's applet tag support trying to put a check
>>>>>>>>mark where it say's Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a
>>>>>>>>check mark and press ok i get this error message saying
>>>>>>>>unable to change browser setting please check that Mozilla
>>>>>>>>and Netscape is properly installed on the system and/or
>>>>>>>>that you have sufficient permission to change system
>>>>>>>>settings
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the
>>>>>>>java entries.  Do you see them there?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>put the link in the adress bar nothing happens it brings me to
>>>>>>about.com
>>>>>
>>>>>ok found the page now what
>>>>
>>>>all plugins are enable exept one npnul32.dll how do you donwload
>>>>the file
>>>
>>>thats the Mozilla Default Plug-in, and it should be enabled.  Yours 
>>>isn't?  I don't know how to enable this.  Someone else will have to 
>>>help you about this one.
>>>
>>>Back to my original question.  Do you see the java plugins?  There are 
>>>about 7 entries.
>>>
>>
>>The entry 'plugin.default_plugin_disabled' in about:config controls the 
>> state of the npnul32 plugin. In my FF1.5.0.1, the default value of this 
>>entry is true, so the npnul32 plugin is _disabled_ by default.
>><http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=About:config_entries#Plugin..2A>
>>
>>IIRC, if the plugin is enabled, FF will show a dialog window when a page 
>>needs a plugin to render that page correctly. This dialog offers you to 
>>search/download the missing plugin.
>>
>>With the default plugin disabled, FF will only show a missing plugin 
>>icon(s) in the rendered page. [But, IIRC again, FF does show the yellow 
>>'Missing plugin' banner on the top of the page in this case.]
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Roland
> 
> still does not answer my question why can't i put a check mark in applet 
> tag support for mozilla and netscape in java control panel
answer my question first and you'll get your answer.

-- 
Time for a change
0
gwtc
2/12/2006 6:54:41 PM
gwtc wrote:
> mike hudon wrote:
> 
>> Roland de Ruiter wrote:
>>
>>> gwtc wrote:
>>>
>>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> gwtc wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> mike hudon wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing
>>>>>>>>> where it say's applet tag support trying to put a check
>>>>>>>>> mark where it say's Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a
>>>>>>>>> check mark and press ok i get this error message saying
>>>>>>>>> unable to change browser setting please check that Mozilla
>>>>>>>>> and Netscape is properly installed on the system and/or
>>>>>>>>> that you have sufficient permission to change system
>>>>>>>>> settings
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the
>>>>>>>> java entries.  Do you see them there?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> put the link in the adress bar nothing happens it brings me to
>>>>>>> about.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ok found the page now what
>>>>>
>>>>> all plugins are enable exept one npnul32.dll how do you donwload
>>>>> the file
>>>>
>>>> thats the Mozilla Default Plug-in, and it should be enabled.  Yours 
>>>> isn't?  I don't know how to enable this.  Someone else will have to 
>>>> help you about this one.
>>>>
>>>> Back to my original question.  Do you see the java plugins?  There 
>>>> are about 7 entries.
>>>>
>>>
>>> The entry 'plugin.default_plugin_disabled' in about:config controls 
>>> the state of the npnul32 plugin. In my FF1.5.0.1, the default value 
>>> of this entry is true, so the npnul32 plugin is _disabled_ by default.
>>> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.php?title=About:config_entries#Plugin..2A> 
>>>
>>>
>>> IIRC, if the plugin is enabled, FF will show a dialog window when a 
>>> page needs a plugin to render that page correctly. This dialog offers 
>>> you to search/download the missing plugin.
>>>
>>> With the default plugin disabled, FF will only show a missing plugin 
>>> icon(s) in the rendered page. [But, IIRC again, FF does show the 
>>> yellow 'Missing plugin' banner on the top of the page in this case.]
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Roland
>>
>> still does not answer my question why can't i put a check mark in 
>> applet tag support for mozilla and netscape in java control panel
> answer my question first and you'll get your answer.
> 
like i said all rest of plugins are ennable on the page
0
mike
2/12/2006 11:44:04 PM
_mike hudon_ spoke thusly on 12/02/2006 6:44 PM:
> like i said all rest of plugins are ennable on the page

He asked if you see the Java plugin listed. Do you?
-- 
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
Mozilla links <http://ilias.ca>
(Please do not email me tech support questions)
0
Chris
2/14/2006 12:08:14 AM
Chris Ilias wrote:

> _mike hudon_ spoke thusly on 12/02/2006 6:44 PM:
> 
>>like i said all rest of plugins are ennable on the page
> 
> 
> He asked if you see the Java plugin listed. Do you?
maybe I should ask this way:  There are 7 java files.  Do you see them?

-- 
Time for a change
0
gwtc
2/14/2006 2:16:33 AM
mike hudon wrote:
> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing where it 
> say's applet tag support trying to put a check mark where it say's 
> Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a check mark and press ok i get this 
> error message saying unable to change browser setting please check that 
> Mozilla and Netscape is properly installed on the system and/or that you 
> have sufficient permission to change system settings
yes I see the all the java file and there all ennable
0
mike
2/15/2006 12:38:30 AM
On 15-02-2006 01:38 CET, mike hudon composed this enchanting statement:
> mike hudon wrote:
>> go to java control panel press advance click the plus sing where it 
>> say's applet tag support trying to put a check mark where it say's 
>> Mozilla and Netscape when i do put a check mark and press ok i get 
>> this error message saying unable to change browser setting please 
>> check that Mozilla and Netscape is properly installed on the system 
>> and/or that you have sufficient permission to change system settings
> yes I see the all the java file and there all ennable
perhaps a snapshot will help to clarify your environment. You may post 
it as attachment in <news://news.mozilla.org:119/mozilla.test.multimedia>

-- 
Kind regards,

Melchert

MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5
0
Melchert
2/15/2006 10:13:26 AM
May I suggest that you go to this site and 'Verify Installation.'

Look about halfway down on the right.

    -Jim
0
Jim
2/15/2006 3:25:48 PM
Jim wrote:
> May I suggest that you go to this site and 'Verify Installation.'
> 
> Look about halfway down on the right.
> 
>    -Jim

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_manual.jsp
0
Jim
2/15/2006 3:29:26 PM
On 15-02-2006 16:29 CET, Jim composed this enchanting statement:
> Jim wrote:
>> May I suggest that you go to this site and 'Verify Installation.'
>>
>> Look about halfway down on the right.
>>
>>    -Jim
> http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_manual.jsp
Good advice. I am fine, thank you.

-- 
Kind regards,

Melchert

MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5
0
Melchert
2/15/2006 3:52:25 PM
On 15-02-2006 16:29 CET, Jim composed this enchanting statement:
> Jim wrote:
>> May I suggest that you go to this site and 'Verify Installation.'
>>
>> Look about halfway down on the right.
>>
>>    -Jim
>
> http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_manual.jsp
or....

<http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml>

-- 
Kind regards,

Melchert

MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5
0
Melchert
2/15/2006 5:04:25 PM
Melchert Fruitema wrote:
> On 15-02-2006 16:29 CET, Jim composed this enchanting statement:
>> Jim wrote:
>>> May I suggest that you go to this site and 'Verify Installation.'
>>>
>>> Look about halfway down on the right.
>>>
>>>    -Jim
>>
>> http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_manual.jsp
> or....
> 
> <http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml>
> 
java is install and working fine still can't put a check mark
0
mike
2/15/2006 9:41:50 PM
mike hudon wrote:

> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
> 
>>On 15-02-2006 16:29 CET, Jim composed this enchanting statement:
>>
>>>Jim wrote:
>>>
>>>>May I suggest that you go to this site and 'Verify Installation.'
>>>>
>>>>Look about halfway down on the right.
>>>>
>>>>   -Jim
>>>
>>>http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_manual.jsp
>>
>>or....
>>
>><http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml>
>>
> java is install and working fine still can't put a check mark
if everything is working, then leave the check mark alone.
0
gwtc
2/15/2006 11:25:54 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

superreview granted: [Bug 288356] Java applet + screen reader: heap corruption brings down Firefox : [Attachment 179104] Default Java support to off when Windows screen reader is running. Java suppor
Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.org> has granted Aaron Leventhal <aaronleventhal@moonset.net>'s request for superreview: Bug 288356: Java applet + screen reader: heap corruption brings down Firefox https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=288356 Attachment 179104: Default Java support to off when Windows screen reader is running. Java support can still be turned back on in Tools->Options->Content->Enable Java https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=179104&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.org> Yeah,...

superreview requested: [Bug 288356] Java applet + screen reader: heap corruption brings down Firefox : [Attachment 179104] Default Java support to off when Windows screen reader is running. Java supp
Aaron Leventhal <aaronleventhal@moonset.net> has asked Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.org> for superreview: Bug 288356: Java applet + screen reader: heap corruption brings down Firefox https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=288356 Attachment 179104: Default Java support to off when Windows screen reader is running. Java support can still be turned back on in Tools->Options->Content->Enable Java https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=179104&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Aaron Leventhal <aaronleventhal@moonset.net> Will add /...

This browser does not support Java or Java support has been disabled
When trying to access Java calendar in GW65 web access: "This browser does not support Java or Java support has been disabled." Works fine for Mozilla. Not for IE6. I'm sure it's a security setting in IE6. I'm not running SPYbot or anthing else like that in the background. Suggestions? Brian Brian, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - D...

Java support in Firefox
I do not know if this is off topic for this list. If it is please forgive me. I am not sure who to ask. I am finding Firefox's Java support to be weak. Internet Explorer seems to work much better with web pages that use alot of Java (ie web stock pages) and /or webpages with a ".asp" extension. Is this a known problem and can be fixed? ---- Angus MacKinnon MacKinnon Crest Saying Latin - Audentes Fortuna Juvat English - Fortune Assists The Daring Web page http://www.infoforce-services.com Choroideremia Research Foundation Inc. 2nd Vice president http://www.choro...

New version of firefox does not support Java
Name: Amy Dewey Email: amydatalumnaedotmillsdotedu Product: Firefox Summary: New version of firefox does not support Java Comments: Hi! I'm a web producer and I use Firefox because of all the great tools it has. My version of firefox was automatically updated to 3.6.3, and I can no longer use the Java servlet files that my work requires. When firefox tries to load them, it tries to download them instead of opening them in the page. I much prefer to use firefox, but I am going back to IE until this can be resolved. Thanks! Amy Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Wind...

build firefox with java applet support ?
hi, I am trying to build firefox (on windows) with debug and java support I have these options in .mozconfig: ac_add_options --disable-accessibility ac_add_options --enable-debug ac_add_options --disable-optimize ac_add_options --enable-extensions=default When I load a page containg an applet, the console shows the message: For application/x-java-vm found plugin C:\...\j2rel1.4.2\bin\NPOJI610.dll but java applets do not appear in the web page. (flash does not work either) What build options or configs do I need to do a java enabled build ? Thanks. agb5 wrote: &g...

Java applet tag support for firefox problem
I just installed Java 5 (sun java latest version) and when I go into the Java control panel and try to check the box for Mozilla and Netscape under <APPLET> tag support I get an error: Unable to change browser settings, and something about permissions and or the browser not properly installed. I am using xp professional with sp2 and am logged in with administrator privilages. This is a new workstation just set up and firefox works fine. Just no java support. Anyone know a solution to this? All of my workstations with XP gives me the same trouble. Thanks Dave Take a ...

Java Env 6 not supported by Firefox 2
Name: ali yalcin Email: aliyalcinatalumdotmitdotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Java Env 6 not supported by Firefox 2 Comments: I encountered problems in viewing sites that use java after downloading firefox 2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

No Java Support in Firefox 3 Beta 5
Name: kelly crow Email: kcrow11athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: No Java Support in Firefox 3 Beta 5 Comments: Every time I try to launch a java enabled page or use a java web app Firefox 3 Beta 5 crashes or gives an error stating that my browser does not support java. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox java and java script
I use Foxfire with the scripting extension. Should I also disable Java and Java Script in the tool options? My concern is this latest report of vulnerabilities in the browser. Thanks in advance Take Care Cel On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:08:09 -0400, Cel wrote: >I use Foxfire with the scripting extension. Should I also disable Java and >Java Script in the tool options? Assuming you mean NoScript, see http://www.noscript.net/faq#qa1_7 and http://www.noscript.net/faq#qa1_8 and http://www.noscript.net/faq#qa1_10 . Personally, I keep Java disabled except for the rare ...

I wish firefox'll support Java soon.
Name: Saracha Tongkumpunt Product: Firefox Summary: I wish firefox'll support Java soon. Comments: I wish Firefox's support Java soon and released in small patch (I don't love to download full installer) Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Java(TM) 6 Not Supported in Firefox ver 2
Name: Alan Colton Email: acoltonatbigponddotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Java(TM) 6 Not Supported in Firefox ver 2 Comments: Java(TM) 6 Update 1 is now Available for download. When I updated this & then updated to Firefox 2.0.0.2 or 2.0.0.3 ??? (i can't remember which update it was) I was told that Firefox was not compatible with Java 6 and if I proceeded with the Firefox Update that the Java part would be disabled. I have stayed with Java 5 & kept updating Firefox, now to version 2.0.0.4 (today), but in reading what the update does nothing has been mentioned ab...

Java(TM) 6 Not Supported in Firefox ver 2 #2
Name: Alan Colton Email: acoltonatbigponddotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Java(TM) 6 Not Supported in Firefox ver 2 Comments: Java(TM) 6 Update 1 is now Available for download. When I updated this & then updated to Firefox 2.0.0.2 or 2.0.0.3 ??? (i can't remember which update it was) I was told that Firefox was not compatible with Java 6 and if I proceeded with the Firefox Update that the Java part would be disabled. I have stayed with Java 5 & kept updating Firefox, now to version 2.0.0.4 (today), but in reading what the update does nothing has been mentioned ab...

Can't set Java Applet tag support for Firefox
There have always been some sites that I could not see correctly in FireFox since I installed it this summer. Things like not being able to see the maps in MapQuest. The Java console under toos menu in Firefox showed lots of errors from sites such as sears and even Moailla. I followed the discussion in the thread "Java applet wont run, OK in IE & Netscape" and found that the <applet> tag support box in the Java Console availabel through XPs control panel was not checked for the Mozilla/Netscape choice. I tried checking it and got the message : Warning Browser- Un...

Firefox and Java vs. IE and Java
Win98SE IE 5.0 Firefox 1.0.4 Please try out: http://www.bodo.com/javame.htm and see if you have all of JAVA enabled. My Firefox 1.0.4 passes on Javascript, but fails on Java Applet. IE passes both tests. In my Firefox options, Javascipt and Java are enabled. I get the "download plugin" at Java applet, it fails on manual install, and I have downloaded the 15meg offline version but not installed it. Where are we? <GRIN> FACE FACE wrote: > Win98SE > IE 5.0 > Firefox 1.0.4 > > Please try out: > > http://www.bodo.com/j...

Web resources about - java - mozilla.support.firefox

Java - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Indonesian island. For the programming language, see Java (programming language) . For other uses, see Java (disambiguation) ...

Makers of notoriously insecure Java software ordered to help PC users clean it up
... of the world's largest tech companies, has been accused by the US government of misleading consumers about the security of its software Java, ...

Contract Junior Programmer (JAVA Programming) 151222/JP/851
Defining Technology for Australia's IT Leaders.

Indonesian police arrest another suspected terrorist in West Java: report
Another suspected terrorist has reportedly been arrested by Indonesia's counter terrorism forces in West Java.

Suspected terrorists arrested in Indonesia 'planned to detonate bombs' in Java, Sumatra
... Islamic State supporters who were allegedly preparing terror attacks for later this month. In a series of raids across the island of Java ... ...

Oracle settles with FTC over Java’s “deceptive” security patching
Way to go, Oracle. (credit: Oracle PR) Oracle received a public slap on the wrist from the Federal Trade Commission over Java SE, the desktop ...

Oracle agrees to warn Java users of malware risk
Oracle is about to issue a warning that Java users could be exposed to malware, the media have reported on Tuesday. The exposure is the result ...

Regulators Accuse Oracle Of Deceiving Customers About Security Of Java Updates
The owners of more than 850 million personal computers using Oracle’s Java Platform Standard Edition were misled about the security of their ...

Oracle settles charges that it misled you on Java security
Oracle's Java software is known for creating its share of headaches, but security is arguably the biggest. For one thing, upgrading to the latest ...

IBM Focused on 3 Major Languages: Java, Node.js and Swift
As Swift has come on strong for mobile app dev, IBM has committed to three primary programming platforms: Java, Node.js and Swift.

Resources last updated: 1/21/2016 7:53:14 PM