java script. Where?

Hi All,

When I see a java script in a web page's source, it look
to me like it is running on the server, not the client.
Am I correct?

-T
mozilla.support.firefox 23843 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

T wrote:

> When I see a java script in a web page's source, it look to me like it
> is running on the server, not the client. Am I correct?

No.

With the rare exception that it might be a rare .jsp page - and then you
wouldn't be able to see the script.

It's also just one word:  JavaScript  (capitalized thusly)
0
Richard
8/4/2017 12:02:25 AM
On 08/03/2017 05:02 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
> T wrote:
>
>> When I see a java script in a web page's source, it look to me like it
>> is running on the server, not the client. Am I correct?
>
> No.
>
> With the rare exception that it might be a rare .jsp page - and then you
> wouldn't be able to see the script.
>
> It's also just one word:  JavaScript  (capitalized thusly)

And will JavaScript work even is Java (JRE) is not installed?
On 08/04/2017 08:21 PM, T wrote:
> On 08/03/2017 05:02 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
>> T wrote:
>>
>>> When I see a java script in a web page's source, it look to me like it
>>> is running on the server, not the client. Am I correct?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> With the rare exception that it might be a rare .jsp page - and then you
>> wouldn't be able to see the script.
>>
>> It's also just one word:  JavaScript  (capitalized thusly)
>>

> And will JavaScript work even is Java (JRE) is not installed?
Yes, it has nothing to do with Java except that Java was a buzzword when
JavaScript was created.
0
dillinger
8/4/2017 6:38:37 PM
T wrote:

> will JavaScript work even is Java (JRE) is not installed?

Yes; there is no connection between java and javascript.

0
Andy
8/4/2017 6:42:41 PM
On 04-Aug-2017 14:21, T wrote:
> On 08/03/2017 05:02 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
>> T wrote:
>>
>>> When I see a java script in a web page's source, it look to me like it
>>> is running on the server, not the client. Am I correct?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> With the rare exception that it might be a rare .jsp page - and then you
>> wouldn't be able to see the script.
>>
>> It's also just one word:  JavaScript  (capitalized thusly)
>>

> And will JavaScript work even is Java (JRE) is not installed?

Two different birds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaScript

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_%28programming_language%29
0
Endegee
8/4/2017 6:46:09 PM
In article <mailman.1629.1501870910.14893.support-
firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid says...
> And will JavaScript work even is Java (JRE) is not installed?

Yes.

JavaScript is not Java.

JavaScript is interpreted (or compiled) by the browser, so Firefox
doesn't need anything else in order to run JavaScript code it receives
from a website.
0
Mark12547
8/4/2017 7:36:31 PM
On 08/03/2017 04:05 PM, T wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When I see a java script in a web page's source, it look
> to me like it is running on the server, not the client.
> Am I correct?
>
> -T

Thank you all!
Endegee wrote:
[Java & JavaScript]
> Two different birds.

With similarities:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaScript

"Although there are strong outward similarities between
 JavaScript and Java, including language name, syntax,
 and respective standard libraries ..."

-p

0
PietB