Is Firefox "possessed" by the devil?

When I am on Facebook, I am not able to use it normally. Sometimes I'm
reading � post or an article and suddenly the page refresh without warning
and it brings me somewhere else not related to where I was. It also happens
when I'm replying to a comment or typing a post but in this case, there is
a warning asking me to confirm that I want to leave the page. These
behaviors are very strange.

In Twitter, many times the site does not load completely and many buttons
or search bar don't appear so it makes the site completely useless. I tried
disabling Adblock+ but it doesn't change anything. Adblock is the only add-
on installed.

Did some of your spy softwares took over the Facebook ones?

For now I will search for another browser. Internet explorer won't play
videos. I'm not sure which way to go.
0
Dominique
3/25/2018 8:13:44 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24318 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Dominique <me@domain.net> �crivait

> When I am on Facebook, I am not able to use it normally. Sometimes I'm
> reading � post or an article and suddenly the page refresh without
warning
> and it brings me somewhere else not related to where I was. It also
happens
> when I'm replying to a comment or typing a post but in this case, there
is
> a warning asking me to confirm that I want to leave the page. These
> behaviors are very strange.
>
> In Twitter, many times the site does not load completely and many buttons
> or search bar don't appear so it makes the site completely useless. I
tried
> disabling Adblock+ but it doesn't change anything. Adblock is the only
add-
> on installed.
>
> Did some of your spy softwares took over the Facebook ones?
>
> For now I will search for another browser. Internet explorer won't play
> videos. I'm not sure which way to go.

UPDATE : I've just installed Firefox "Quantum" and it seems to work, we'll
see.
0
Dominique
3/25/2018 9:34:49 PM
On 03/25/2018 05:34 PM, Dominique wrote:
> Dominique <me@domain.net> écrivait
>
>> When I am on Facebook, I am not able to use it normally. Sometimes I'm
>> reading à post or an article and suddenly the page refresh without
> warning
>> and it brings me somewhere else not related to where I was. It also
> happens
>> when I'm replying to a comment or typing a post but in this case, there
> is
>> a warning asking me to confirm that I want to leave the page. These
>> behaviors are very strange.
>>
>> In Twitter, many times the site does not load completely and many buttons
>> or search bar don't appear so it makes the site completely useless. I
> tried
>> disabling Adblock+ but it doesn't change anything. Adblock is the only
> add-
>> on installed.
>>
>> Did some of your spy softwares took over the Facebook ones?
>>
>> For now I will search for another browser. Internet explorer won't play
>> videos. I'm not sure which way to go.
>>

> UPDATE : I've just installed Firefox "Quantum" and it seems to work, we'll
> see.

Sure it's not just a bad profile?

0
Big
3/25/2018 9:52:59 PM
On 26/3/2018 04:13, Dominique wrote:
> When I am on Facebook, I am not able to use it normally. Sometimes I'm
> reading à post or an article and suddenly the page refresh without warning
> In Twitter, many times the site does not load completely and many buttons
> or search bar don't appear so it makes the site completely useless. I tried

You should first try safe mode to see whether it's caused by add-ons!

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!
Dominique <me@domain.net>:

> When I am on Facebook,
> In Twitter,

"Possessed" by devils, used by sheeple.

Yrrah

0
Yrrah
3/26/2018 12:18:46 PM
On 2018-03-26 8:18 AM, Yrrah wrote:
> Dominique <me@domain.net>:
>
>> When I am on Facebook,
>> In Twitter,
>

> "Possessed" by devils, used by sheeple.
>

> Yrrah

Hi Yrrah,
Out of your 10 posts to this forum, half of them have been off-topic
comments. It's important to remember that the purpose of this forum for
people to help each other in their use of Firefox, so please try to
refrain from those comments.
For an outline of the forum rules, please see
<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/etiquette/>.

If you'd like to reply to this message, please email me with a valid
return address, thanks. Replies to this message posted in the newsgroup
will be removed.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris

> On 03/25/2018 05:34 PM, Dominique wrote:
<snip>

>> UPDATE : I've just installed Firefox "Quantum" and it seems to work,
we'll
>> see.
>>
> Sure it's not just a bad profile?

I thought so but now I think it could be some kind of malware.

Today it has started misbehaving again. In Twitter, I barely touch the
mouse (wired optical) and it's like if I clicked three or four times on the
browser's "back" arrow; maybe the "jumping around" I had in Facebook was
really "going back".

If I do a search in "Google", the result page that shows up is blank, but
if I move the mouse, titles of the results appears as the mouse pointer
pass over (and they work).

Unfortunately, I have Super Anti-Spyware Pro and it only find the usual
tracking cookies, yesterday I installed MalwareBytes and it reported a
clean system. My AV is M$ Security Essential.

I guess I'm going to have to try Chrome, if my system is really infected it
should show up in Chrome too.
0
Dominique
3/26/2018 11:24:40 PM
Dominique wrote:
> Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> �crivait
>
>> On 03/25/2018 05:34 PM, Dominique wrote:
> <snip>
>>>
>>> UPDATE : I've just installed Firefox "Quantum" and it seems to work,
> we'll
>>> see.
>>>
>> Sure it's not just a bad profile?
>>

> I thought so but now I think it could be some kind of malware.
>
> Today it has started misbehaving again. In Twitter, I barely touch the
> mouse (wired optical) and it's like if I clicked three or four times on the
> browser's "back" arrow; maybe the "jumping around" I had in Facebook was
> really "going back".
>
> If I do a search in "Google", the result page that shows up is blank, but
> if I move the mouse, titles of the results appears as the mouse pointer
> pass over (and they work).
>
> Unfortunately, I have Super Anti-Spyware Pro and it only find the usual
> tracking cookies, yesterday I installed MalwareBytes and it reported a
> clean system. My AV is M$ Security Essential.
>
> I guess I'm going to have to try Chrome, if my system is really infected it
> should show up in Chrome too.

Why not try Opera instead?  Chrome is basically spyware.

0
EE