Is FF losing popularity in so dramatic way?

According to this map, FF has dramatically lost popularity. The map
shows that by 2014 our beloved browser is most used in the less
developed and poor countries only.

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4537361/browsershare_v3.gif

Is this map biased? Are there any figures from reliable sources?

0
Luis
6/18/2017 1:09:23 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23687 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

"Luis" <nospam@anymail.com> wrote

| https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4537361/browsershare_v3.gif
|
| Is this map biased? Are there any figures from reliable sources?

  The map I see is from 2009. IE is now a minority
browser. Why are you referring to an 8 year old
chart that's no longer relevant?

   But it is true that FF is losing share dramatically.
Chrome is taking it, which I find amazing, given that
Google is the king of spyware. But it seems that most
people just don't care about Google spying. Apparently
they like the integration of services. But I'm curious why
*so many* like Chrome. Maybe they get used to it on
Android? Maybe it's easy for their gmail? I don't know.
I have complaints with Firefox and its forks, but there's
no other browser I'd even consider using.

0
Mayayana
6/18/2017 1:27:24 PM
Mayayana wrote:

[FU set]

> it is true that FF is losing share dramatically.

Not surprising, produce a browser and extol the virtue of add-ons and
customisability, gain a user-base, life is good, start aping a
competitors browser, lose some users, slowly kill off the add-ons,
wonder where the rest of the users went?

> Chrome is taking it, which I find amazing, given that
> Google is the king of spyware. But it seems that most
> people just don't care about Google spying.

I went to Iron, which is the least Googly chrome-based browser I can see.

> I'm curious why *so many* like Chrome. Maybe they get used to it on
> Android?
I also used firefox on android, still do actually.

> I have complaints with Firefox and its forks, but there's
> no other browser I'd even consider using.

I would have said the same a few months ago, or thought I'd move to
palemoon, but I guess everyone has their threshold.

0
Andy
6/18/2017 2:09:50 PM
On 18/6/2017 9:09 PM, Luis wrote:
> According to this map, FF has dramatically lost popularity. The map
> shows that by 2014 our beloved browser is most used in the less
> developed and poor countries only.
> Is this map biased? Are there any figures from reliable sources?

Have you ever wondered how they counted the browsers? What's the sample
pool and its sample size? Do the users counted know about choices beside
Internet Explorer and Edge which comes with each copy of Windows?

Yes, it's market research stuff.

Anyway, just pick and use tools according to your needs and interests.
And sorry, I don't advertise, even in here. ;)

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!
On 6/18/2017 6:27 AM, Mayayana wrote:
> "Luis" <nospam@anymail.com> wrote
>
> | https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4537361/browsershare_v3.gif
> |
> | Is this map biased? Are there any figures from reliable sources?
> |

>   The map I see is from 2009. IE is now a minority
> browser. Why are you referring to an 8 year old
> chart that's no longer relevant?
>
>    But it is true that FF is losing share dramatically.
> Chrome is taking it, which I find amazing, given that
> Google is the king of spyware. But it seems that most
> people just don't care about Google spying. Apparently
> they like the integration of services. But I'm curious why
> *so many* like Chrome. Maybe they get used to it on
> Android? Maybe it's easy for their gmail? I don't know.
> I have complaints with Firefox and its forks, but there's
> no other browser I'd even consider using.

Part of the reason that Chrome is gaining user base relates to the
evolution of Firefox to be more Chrome-like.  Why use something that is
only like Chrome when the real thing is free?

When Internet Explorer was the dominant browser, Mozilla never tried to
make Firefox IE-like.  There was pride in being different while creating
an excellent browser.  That philosphy is gone.  :(

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
*  Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
*  Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
*  If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
*  If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??
0
David