Is 2.0.0.5 a bad release (like 2.0.0.3 was) ?

I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to 2.0.0.5.
Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features suddenly
breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and declined it. I
think I'll continue declining it.

Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major bugs
in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also acknowledges
that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a 2.0.0.6 shortly,
and advise us to not update to 5.

~dd

d d wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to 2.0.0.5.
> Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features suddenly
> breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and declined it. I
> think I'll continue declining it.
>

> ~dd

There are loads of "problems" reported with the release of every version
of FF. Mostly they turn out to be operator errors/omissions rather than
actual bugs in the software (not to say that some aren't actual bugs, of
course). What you have to bear in mind is that only the people that have
problems bring them to this newsgroup. The many thousands of us that
upgrade with absolutely no problem at all don't say so.

Personally, 2.0.0.5 installed itself without hassle and all of my
add-ons are working. Even RoboForm (which is not strictly and add-on)
works with the new version.

You can always install .5 to a different directory and keep .4 on your
hard drive until satisfied that the newer version will work, so what's
to lose?

--
Regards

Steve G
0
SteveG
7/19/2007 8:09:50 AM
SteveG wrote:

> Personally, 2.0.0.5 installed itself without hassle and all of my
> add-ons are working. Even RoboForm (which is not strictly and add-on)
> works with the new version.

Have to agree, both my Win and Linux upgrades went flawlessly and with
MR Tech installed I'm still using a couple of extension/theme that
haven't been upgraded by there authors since 1.5.  The only place I seem
to get probs with Mozilla are with Fx 3.0a6 and Tb 3.0 but I expect that.

--
Steve

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will
happen to you the rest of the day.
- Unknown
0
Steve
7/19/2007 8:17:37 AM
In article <YqKdnYXEUf0jhwLbnZ2dnUVZ_qninZ2d@mozilla.org>,
   d d <dd_no_spam@please.net> wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to 2.0.0.5.
> Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features suddenly
> breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and declined it. I
> think I'll continue declining it.

> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major bugs
> in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also acknowledges
> that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a 2.0.0.6 shortly,
> and advise us to not update to 5.

> ~dd

Quite often addons will get switched off during an update, because they
need tweaking to run with a newer version of FF, but I feel with a little
forthought an FF update/upgrade needn't be a trauma.

I run two Win PCs (Desktop XP and Laptop Vista) and after backing up the
complete 2.0.0.4 install directory and the complete profile directory, I
allowed both machines to Auto update FF 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 and aside from
the Java Console business already noted, the upgrade went without any
problems.
Re-ran FF and all was okay.

I guess it's inevitable with the very large userbase of FF that some
particular machine setup is going  to cause the occasional upgrade wobbly.

After all, even the official MS OS patches and updates sometimes mess up a
machine until you uninstall them, or they release a patch for the patch.

Cheers
Dave S

Dave
7/19/2007 11:07:09 AM
d d wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to 2.0.0.5.
> Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features suddenly
> breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and declined it. I
> think I'll continue declining it.
>
> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major bugs
> in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also acknowledges
> that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a 2.0.0.6 shortly,
> and advise us to not update to 5.
>
> ~dd

I was using the 2.0.0.5 pre-release nightlies for a week prior to the
official release and had no problems whatsoever with my add-ons.
Everything went so well I now use the 2.0.0.6 pre-release nightlies.

Ann

--
Remove the FISH from the net to reply
0
d d wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to 2.0.0.5.
> Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features suddenly
> breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and declined it. I
> think I'll continue declining it.
>
> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major bugs
> in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also acknowledges
> that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a 2.0.0.6 shortly,
> and advise us to not update to 5.
>
> ~dd

Upgrade went fine. About 3 of my extensions disabled now but that's
normal - I'll wait for the extension updates to arrive.
Java console message came up, so I went to admin account, updated to new
Java version, rebooted, back to user account all fine.
WinXP Home.

--
Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk
SteveG wrote:
> d d wrote:
>> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to
>> 2.0.0.5. Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features
>> suddenly breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and
>> declined it. I think I'll continue declining it.
>>

>> ~dd
>
> There are loads of "problems" reported with the release of every version
> of FF. Mostly they turn out to be operator errors/omissions rather than
> actual bugs in the software (not to say that some aren't actual bugs, of
> course). What you have to bear in mind is that only the people that have
> problems bring them to this newsgroup. The many thousands of us that
> upgrade with absolutely no problem at all don't say so.
>
> Personally, 2.0.0.5 installed itself without hassle and all of my
> add-ons are working. Even RoboForm (which is not strictly and add-on)
> works with the new version.
>
> You can always install .5 to a different directory and keep .4 on your
> hard drive until satisfied that the newer version will work, so what's
> to lose?

I had trouble yesterday even getting the 2.0.0.5 upgrade yesterday. But
later found to my misfortune I was directed to the only busted download
server in the entire server Farm. After repeated tries it finally
downloaded. Although I haven't used it much because My Primary Browser
is SeaMonkey. I didn't see any problems once downloaded and operational.

Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9               Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.10
Phillip
7/19/2007 5:30:40 PM
d d wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to 2.0.0.5.
> Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features suddenly
> breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and declined it. I
> think I'll continue declining it.
>
> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major bugs
> in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also acknowledges
> that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a 2.0.0.6 shortly,
> and advise us to not update to 5.
>
> ~dd

I think the problem is with the automatic upgrade process itself and not
with the browser version.  I upgraded by downloading the whole Firefox
version and installing it.  It works fine for me.  The only thing I
allow Firefox to do about updating is to notify me if updates are
available for add-ons.
0
EE
7/19/2007 6:18:16 PM
Ever since 2.0.0.x, FireFox has been horrible.  Constant crashing, the
lost bookmarks, the slower-than-IE speed.  Makes me wonder if Microsoft
wrote the upgrades:  I'm certainly getting fed up with FireFox.

Anyone know of a way to "downgrade" to v1.xx?  Anyone have a full copy
of the v1.5x download?
PS:  If you have the file and post a link, make sure your server can
handle a lot of traffic!

d d wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to 2.0.0.5.
> Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features suddenly
> breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and declined it. I
> think I'll continue declining it.
>
> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major bugs
> in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also acknowledges
> that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a 2.0.0.6 shortly,
> and advise us to not update to 5.
>
> ~dd
0
Wink
7/24/2007 4:13:53 PM
Wink wrote:
> Ever since 2.0.0.x, FireFox has been horrible.  Constant crashing, the
> lost bookmarks, the slower-than-IE speed.  Makes me wonder if Microsoft
> wrote the upgrades:  I'm certainly getting fed up with FireFox.
>
> Anyone know of a way to "downgrade" to v1.xx?  Anyone have a full copy
> of the v1.5x download?
> PS:  If you have the file and post a link, make sure your server can
> handle a lot of traffic!
>
> d d wrote:
>> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to
>> 2.0.0.5. Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features
>> suddenly breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and
>> declined it. I think I'll continue declining it.
>>
>> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major
>> bugs in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
>> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also
>> acknowledges that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a
>> 2.0.0.6 shortly, and advise us to not update to 5.
>>
>> ~dd
I cannot form a valid opinion about 2.0. I have uninstalled it for it
does not allow to communicate easily with TB (and vice-versa) the way I
do with 1.5. I will forgo the security "improvements" (I rely on
efficient tools to avoid malware, and so far, so good).

I do have a 1.5 version available, but no site to post it, should this
prove necessary. But it seems it is available here:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

Regards
--
John Doue
0
On Jul 19, 2:18 pm, EE <nu...@bees.wax> wrote:
> d d wrote:
> > I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to 2.0.0.5.
> > Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features suddenly
> > breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and declined it. I
> > think I'll continue declining it.
>
> > Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major bugs
> > in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
> > trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also acknowledges
> > that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a 2.0.0.6 shortly,
> > and advise us to not update to 5.
>
> > ~dd
>
> I think the problem is with the automatic upgrade process itself and not
> with the browser version.  I upgraded by downloading the whole Firefox
> version and installing it.  It works fine for me.  The only thing I
> allow Firefox to do about updating is to notify me if updates are
> available for add-ons.

I was hesitating for the longest time but finally let Mozilla update
my FF 1.5.0.12 to 2.0.0.4., then to 2.0.0.5.  My computer runs Win98SE
but the install went perfectly, no bugs or problems, just one
extension, Autofill 0.3 is no longer working. I like the automatic
spell checker, will learn the other new features as I require them.

0
pixturesk
7/25/2007 2:03:45 AM
On 2007-07-24, Wink <rwcleary@verizon.net> wrote:

> Ever since 2.0.0.x, FireFox has been horrible.  Constant crashing, the
> lost bookmarks, the slower-than-IE speed.  Makes me wonder if Microsoft
> wrote the upgrades:  I'm certainly getting fed up with FireFox.
>
> Anyone know of a way to "downgrade" to v1.xx?  Anyone have a full copy
> of the v1.5x download?

All the older releases are on the mozilla ftp site: ftp.mozilla.org

--

John (john@os2.dhs.org)
0
Wink wrote:
> Ever since 2.0.0.x, FireFox has been horrible.  Constant crashing, the
> lost bookmarks, the slower-than-IE speed.  Makes me wonder if Microsoft
> wrote the upgrades:  I'm certainly getting fed up with FireFox.
>
> Anyone know of a way to "downgrade" to v1.xx?  Anyone have a full copy
> of the v1.5x download?
> PS:  If you have the file and post a link, make sure your server can
> handle a lot of traffic!
>
> d d wrote:
>> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to
>> 2.0.0.5. Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features
>> suddenly breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and
>> declined it. I think I'll continue declining it.
>>
>> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major
>> bugs in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
>> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also
>> acknowledges that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a
>> 2.0.0.6 shortly, and advise us to not update to 5.
>>
>> ~dd

Strange, I run 2.0.0.5 on three computers here and have had zero
problems with it.  I suspect most of the problems have to do with
questionable extensions, or use of sites with questionable coding.  And
using Mozilla browsers since the old Netscape 1.2, I have NEVER lost
bookmarks.  I believe that people DO, and I don't know why, but suspect
something to do with profile corruption, but I wish someone could figure
out a definitive cause for lost bookmarks (really lost, not just
mislaid).  As for crashing, this just hasn't happened here.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Wink wrote:
> Ever since 2.0.0.x, FireFox has been horrible.  Constant crashing, the
> lost bookmarks, the slower-than-IE speed.  Makes me wonder if Microsoft
> wrote the upgrades:  I'm certainly getting fed up with FireFox.
>
> Anyone know of a way to "downgrade" to v1.xx?  Anyone have a full copy
> of the v1.5x download?
> PS:  If you have the file and post a link, make sure your server can
> handle a lot of traffic!
>
> d d wrote:
>> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to
>> 2.0.0.5. Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features
>> suddenly breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and
>> declined it. I think I'll continue declining it.
>>
>> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major
>> bugs in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
>> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also
>> acknowledges that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a
>> 2.0.0.6 shortly, and advise us to not update to 5.
>>
>> ~dd

Maybe the problem is that the automatic update process itself has bugs
in it.  I have read about a lot of problems happening right after an
automatic update.  I do my updates manually and I have had none of those
problems.
0
EE
7/25/2007 7:31:02 PM
John Doue wrote:
> Wink wrote:
>> Ever since 2.0.0.x, FireFox has been horrible.  Constant crashing, the
>> lost bookmarks, the slower-than-IE speed.  Makes me wonder if
>> Microsoft wrote the upgrades:  I'm certainly getting fed up with FireFox.
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to "downgrade" to v1.xx?  Anyone have a full copy
>> of the v1.5x download?
>> PS:  If you have the file and post a link, make sure your server can
>> handle a lot of traffic!
>>
>> d d wrote:
>>> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to
>>> 2.0.0.5. Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features
>>> suddenly breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and
>>> declined it. I think I'll continue declining it.
>>>
>>> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major
>>> bugs in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
>>> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also
>>> acknowledges that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a
>>> 2.0.0.6 shortly, and advise us to not update to 5.
>>>
>>> ~dd
> I cannot form a valid opinion about 2.0. I have uninstalled it for it
> does not allow to communicate easily with TB (and vice-versa) the way I
> do with 1.5. I will forgo the security "improvements" (I rely on
> efficient tools to avoid malware, and so far, so good).
>
> I do have a 1.5 version available, but no site to post it, should this
> prove necessary. But it seems it is available here:
> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
>
> Regards

You can get all the various versions of Firefox here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/
Just navigate to whatever one you like.
0
EE
7/25/2007 7:32:30 PM
Ron Hunter wrote:
> Wink wrote:
>> Ever since 2.0.0.x, FireFox has been horrible.  Constant crashing, the
>> lost bookmarks, the slower-than-IE speed.  Makes me wonder if
>> Microsoft wrote the upgrades:  I'm certainly getting fed up with FireFox.
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to "downgrade" to v1.xx?  Anyone have a full copy
>> of the v1.5x download?
>> PS:  If you have the file and post a link, make sure your server can
>> handle a lot of traffic!
>>
>> d d wrote:
>>> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to
>>> 2.0.0.5. Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features
>>> suddenly breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and
>>> declined it. I think I'll continue declining it.
>>>
>>> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major
>>> bugs in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
>>> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also
>>> acknowledges that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a
>>> 2.0.0.6 shortly, and advise us to not update to 5.
>>>
>>> ~dd
>
> Strange, I run 2.0.0.5 on three computers here and have had zero
> problems with it.  I suspect most of the problems have to do with
> questionable extensions, or use of sites with questionable coding.  And
> using Mozilla browsers since the old Netscape 1.2, I have NEVER lost
> bookmarks.  I believe that people DO, and I don't know why, but suspect
> something to do with profile corruption, but I wish someone could figure
> out a definitive cause for lost bookmarks (really lost, not just
> mislaid).  As for crashing, this just hasn't happened here.

I also have never lost my bookmarks.  I take care to back them up so
that I can always find a copy.  I have had problems with profiles, and
have had to redo them, but the important files in those profiles are
backed up.
0
EE
7/25/2007 7:51:41 PM
EE wrote:
> Wink wrote:
>> Ever since 2.0.0.x, FireFox has been horrible.  Constant crashing, the
>> lost bookmarks, the slower-than-IE speed.  Makes me wonder if
>> Microsoft wrote the upgrades:  I'm certainly getting fed up with FireFox.
>>
>> Anyone know of a way to "downgrade" to v1.xx?  Anyone have a full copy
>> of the v1.5x download?
>> PS:  If you have the file and post a link, make sure your server can
>> handle a lot of traffic!
>>
>> d d wrote:
>>> I'm seeing a lot of problems reported here with the upgrade to
>>> 2.0.0.5. Mostly it seems about add-ons not working and other features
>>> suddenly breaking. I got my first upgrade prompt last night and
>>> declined it. I think I'll continue declining it.
>>>
>>> Is there some kind of status page we can look at where known major
>>> bugs in the current build are listed out in a short list (rather than
>>> trolling through the bugzilla DB)? Maybe such a place also
>>> acknowledges that they know it's a bad release and plan to issue a
>>> 2.0.0.6 shortly, and advise us to not update to 5.
>>>
>>> ~dd
>
> Maybe the problem is that the automatic update process itself has bugs
> in it.  I have read about a lot of problems happening right after an
> automatic update.  I do my updates manually and I have had none of those
> problems.
I did mine automatically, and I have none of those problems.  I think it
has more to do with 'local conditions', such as the plugins and/or
extensions the user has.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Ron

Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: badidea Email: very_bad_ideaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I don't know what changed since 2.0.0.1 but the new releases (2.0.0.2, 2.0.0.3) seem very buggy. Random crashes, slow responses and additionally problems with administrator rights. I had similar problems on 2 out of 2 systems. Best solution for me (and probably a lot of other users) is to go back to 2.0.0.1 and disable automatic update. Success! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2....

I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1
Name: tsit chan Email: chantsitathkbndotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1 Comments: 2.0.0.1 version allows minimized pages pop up when open multi- tabs in one page ,until this fixed i prefer 2.0.0.0 before any new release. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2?
Name: Russell Nelson Email: rnelsonatgenedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2? Comments: I am currently using a version of Firefox with the version number of 2.0.0.3. This is the second time that I have been told that it has now been updated to a newer version of Firefox with a version number of 2.0.0.2. I assume that 2.0.0.3 is newer (and better) than version 2.0.0.2. How can I stop this "update"? Russ Nelson 650-225-7212 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070...

1.5.0.10/2.0.0.2 release update... respinning for 2.0.0.2 rc5, new target release date Tue. 2/27
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050707070507020409050603 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit A new blocker was discovered recently what will require a respin for Firefox 2.0.0.2: Bug 370521 <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=370521> -- TextArea not firing onchange event (edit <javascript:toggleField('summary');>) was caused by the checkin for: Bug 357684 <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=357684> -- onchange on ...

Firefox 2.0.0.3 and 2.0.0.4
In order to fix a small number of serious regressions, we are looking to do a very quick 2.0.0.3/1.5.0.11 release to pick up some fixes for recent regressions. 2.0.0.4/1.5.0.12 will be the next regular security/stability releases. 2.0.0.3 blockers https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi? keywords_type=nowords&keywords=fixed1.8.1.3 +verified1.8.1.3&field0-0-0=flagtypes.name&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=b locking1.8.1.3%2B&order=map_assigned_to.login_name,bugs.bug_id We are going to be looking at nominations over the next few days, based on the follo...

Upgraded from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2???
Just downloaded a FireFox prompted update. I was running 2.0.0.3. The downloaded update is 2.0.0.2 ... seems to me that's a step backwards ... is there a reason? On May 16, 1:45 pm, Dean Kay <dean...@earthlink.net> wrote: > Just downloaded a FireFox prompted update. I was running 2.0.0.3. The > downloaded update is 2.0.0.2 ... seems to me that's a step backwards ... > is there a reason? I had a weird instance today, where Firefox locked up (no, that's not weird...lol) on Vista, and so Vista did the "checking for problems" process, and then...

Upgrading from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2???
Hi all, My Firefox was upgraded to 2.0.0.3 last week. However, last night I got a pop-up window informing me that I have just received 2.0.0.2 as an update. What is going on? Regards, alex ozgwei@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > My Firefox was upgraded to 2.0.0.3 last week. > > However, last night I got a pop-up window informing me that I have > just received 2.0.0.2 as an update. > > What is going on? > > Regards, > alex > Did you have 2.0.0.2 and updated to 2.0.0.3, and are not getting messages about 2.0.0.2? Lee ...

Update from 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.3
Name: Alexander Wijnhamer Email: arvwijnhameratlycosdotnl Product: Firefox Summary: Update from 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.3 Comments: I get a pop-up that: "Firefox was unable to verify the integrity of the incremental update it downloaded, so it is now downloading the complete update package" However the counter is at 4 of 4 kb and has been for 5 minutes now. It doesn't seem to be doing anything. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

2.0.0.2 to version 2.0.0.3
Name: Ed Strait Email: estraitateds-placedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.2 to version 2.0.0.3 Comments: A week or so ago I was prompted to download and install version 2.0.0.3 as an upgrade from 2.0.0.2. I selected the upgrade and was running the ..3 version since. This morning, out of now where, it downloaded the .2 version and ask to to install which it looked as if I had no choice. After it restarted it was showing that I was running the .2. I then went and checked for any updates and it found the .3 again and installed it. Now I'm back to the .3 again. Any rea...

Update between 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: John P Wright Email: klemnoctraatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Update between 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I have been reminded at regular intervals ( when online) by a pop up indicating that upgrade to 2.0.0.3 is recommended. I have now performed this exercise twice but the reminder pop up keeps re-appearing. Also the 'about Mozilla Firefox' tab persists in indicating that I am running 2.0.0.2 The update appeared in both cases to download and update without error or information on any problem found. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

Firefox 2.0.0.6 Reverts back to 2.0.0.5 reinstalls 2.0.0.6, wipes out user settings
Firefox is turning into a piece of crap. First, there is only 1 profile, the default profile. Second, after the first 2.0.0.6 update wiped out the profile settings (again), the automatic check for updates was turned off. This morning the customized profile settings went MIA again, Firefox decided it was version 2.0.0.5 (per the help, about firefox) and automatically downloaded 2.0.0.6; even though 2.0.0.6 had already been installed on July 31. It now thinks it is 2.0.0.6, the home page and other profile settings have been reset, and automatic updates turned off for everyt...

Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2, 3.0.3 Post Mortem
Hey all, We'll be doing a post-mortem on the recent branch releases - long overdue, sorry for the delay in scheduling. Details: * Thursday - 2:00pm Pacific, 5:00pm Eastern, 21:00 UTC * Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room * 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL) * 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US) * irc.mozilla.org #postmortem for backchannel Agenda * identifying problems that caused the respins * identifying issues missed which caused 3.0.3 * analysis of large vs. small releases * communic...

2.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.3 update failure #2
Name: firefox_fan Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.3 update failure Comments: The new update fails to install other than in admin mode (Windows XP SP2). Now every time I start Firefox (other than admin mode), it tries to update but fails due to lack of privileges. Let me know how to over come this problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Web resources about - Is 2.0.0.5 a bad release (like 2.0.0.3 was) ? - mozilla.support.firefox

Press Release Rocket - News and Current Events
By Toi Williams on December 24, 2014 Workers at more than 1,400 Walmart stores across the nation are set to see their pay rise next year as ...

Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The origin of the "alpha/beta" test terminology is IBM. As long ago as the 1950s (and probably earlier), IBM used similar terminology for their ...

Facebook Releases Mentions for Android
Celebrities, public figures and journalists with Android devices finally have access to the Facebook Mentions application, which debuted for ...

Rostam releases solo song; PWR BTTM opening for Ra Ra Riot
by Tatiana Tenreyro photo: Vampire Weekend at Governors Ball 2014 (more by Amanda Hatfield Rostam Batmanglij of Vampire Weekend has released ...

Iran's release of U.S. Navy sailors greeted with relief
Detention of 10 crew members who sailed into Iranian waters in Persian Gulf could have sparked international crisis

Yahoo releases a ton of anonymized user data to help machine learning scientists
... of massive, real world data sets required to test and validate machine learning programs. Yahoo has helped to rectifying that with the release ...

If Kmart And Sears Stores Close Without A National Press Release, Does Anyone Notice?
... up is how a business survives. (Sometimes not closing stores dooms a business faster: ask Radio Shack.) The lack of store closing list releases ...

Obama Administration Releases 10 Guantanamo Detainees
'All have ties to Al Qaeda or other terrorist groups'

STX’s ‘Hardcore’ Set As ‘Hardcore Henry’ For Release On April 8
Hardcore Henry, which was picked up by STX Entertainment for $10M in Toronto last year, has just gotten a April 8 release date. The action thriller, ...

Citrix Offers Look at Two Releases of XenApp, XenDesktop
At Citrix Summit, company officials talk about version 7.7 of the products, which were released last month, and what's upcoming in 7.8 this quarter. ...