Install Firefox on WinXP without installer

Hi,

I need to install Firefox on Windows XP machine that i don't have
administrator's rights.  Is there a ZIP file version of Firefox that i can
get similar to the Linux version ?

Firefox

Firefox Installer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to install Firefox on Windows XP machine that i don't have
> administrator's rights.  Is there a ZIP file version of Firefox that i can
> get similar to the Linux version ?
>
> Thanks

I don't see any zip builds for FF 1.5 or 1.5.0.1 on the Mozilla FTP
site. ftp.mozilla.org

Irwin

--
Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

About Profiles -
http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About%20Profiles.html
Irwin
2/7/2006 1:30:48 AM
Firefox Installer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to install Firefox on Windows XP machine that i don't have
> administrator's rights.  Is there a ZIP file version of Firefox that i can
> get similar to the Linux version ?
>
> Thanks

MoFo stopped making zip builds available. You can install it on a home
machine, then zip the program folder. Easier is to use Portable Firefox:

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/browsers/portable_firefox

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org

> Firefox Installer wrote:
>>
>> I need to install Firefox on Windows XP machine that i don't have
>> administrator's rights.  Is there a ZIP file version of Firefox
>> that i can get similar to the Linux version ?
>
> MoFo stopped making zip builds available. You can install it on a
> home machine, then zip the program folder. Easier is to use
> Portable Firefox:
>
> http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/browsers/portable_firefox

Also, Chris' ftp server has a zip package.

<ftp://ftp.ilias.ca/firefox-1.5.0.1.en-US.win32.zip>

--
�Q�
0

How did I install Firefox? It seems to have installed without any action on my part.
Name: Bill Email: scowmathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: How did I install Firefox? It seems to have installed without any action on my part. Comments: How did I install Firefox? It seems to have installed without any action on my part. I downloaded RealPlayer free download, clicked through and after I finished I get FireFox page that is congratulating me for sucessfully installing Firefox. VERY FREAKY. Did I click through something during the RealPlayer install that authorized you to install Firefox? How could this happen? This is very strange. I don't lik...

How to detect the installed extension in Firefox without install any extension
I am not sure I post the question at a right place, Please kindly advice if I am wrong. I am trying to find a way that can find out all installed extension in Firefox. Is there any idea can reach this goal? Thank you. You can do that using the AddonManager.jsm JavaScript module, see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/Add-on_Manager/AddonManager Here is how about:support retrieves and sorts the information: http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-release/source/toolkit/content/Troubleshoot.jsm#137 Archaeopteryx -------- Original-Nachricht -------- Betreff:...

Firefox installation over existing firefox
Name: David May Email: daviddotmayataffiliatewindowdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox installation over existing firefox Comments: I noticed that when you have an existing version of Firefox on a PC and you install your new Firefox 3.0.1 over it the browser opens and it informs the user that they have updated Firefox but informs the user that they seem to be running a different version rather than the version 3. The address bar reads: http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0.1/whatsnew/ but as mentioned the screen says different, in this case i have: &qu...

Installed Beta Firefox 3.6 yesterday, Firefox 3.5.5 installed itself at boot up today.
Name: Jim Allan Email: jdotallanatcalistodotdemondotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Installed Beta Firefox 3.6 yesterday, Firefox 3.5.5 installed itself at boot up today. Comments: Following advice re a 3 minute delay in Firefox 3.5.5 opening, I installed Firefox beta 3.6 yesterday. On booting up today I got an on screen message that Firefox had been upgraded. On checking I find that my version has returned to 3.5.5. And it still took 3 minutes to open initially! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 GTB5...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 Automatic Update installation in Limited User account auto up-date installation bug (previously reported in earlier FireFox versions)
Name: Dave, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 Automatic Update installation in Limited User account auto up-date installation bug (previously reported in earlier FireFox versions) Comments: The bug already discussed at length in Bug Reports 374900, 370280, 303595, 340535 and perhaps others, still exists in FireFox version 2.0.0.4. While operating FireFox from a Limited User account in Windows XP, SP2, I received the message from the FireFox up-dater that the 2.0.0.4 up-date had been downloaded and FireFox needed to be restarted. Fool that I am...

FireFox updates do not install when Firefox is in your startup
Name: John Chase Email: jchaseatproctorconsultdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox updates do not install when Firefox is in your startup Comments: Firefox always start up at booting. However, when you have a FireFox update, not an add-on or such, it does install as it senses that that browser has two running. Not the case. When I take it out of the Windows Startup they install automatically. Not a big deal, except sometimes I have gone to the website and manually downloaded the next version. Maybe a Bug? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en...

FireFox -update- installed over FireFox Beta (links)
Name: John McMillan Email: SpamAtMeatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox -update- installed over FireFox Beta (links) Comments: In the past 35 hours I've had two updates: the first installed a FireFox update. That was fine except it overwrote my FF3 BETA -- my default browser. [By "overwrote" I mean the links and default browser appeared to now be the regular FF, updated, instead of the FF3-beta.] Just this morning, an FF-beta3 update arrived. It overwrote (in the same sense) the previous default/links; now I'm back to where I wanted to b...

Windows install overwrites old Firefox installation
Name: g. eagle Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Windows install overwrites old Firefox installation Comments: The release notes for Firefox 3 RC1 say that under Windows it will install in a new directory. I did a default install of RC1 on 2 machines and in both cases it overwrote Firefox ver 2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox installation instructions do not describe install procedure.
Name: Tom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox installation instructions do not describe install procedure. Comments: Hey, Firefox is a great browser, but on download into Kubuntu linux O/S it did not install. When I read the installation instructions on the Firefox site they spoke of something other than how to install. It would be helpfull if linux instructions were offered in a manner that assumes new users are being educated on these products. We have reached a crossroads for operating systems, if we can educate and simplify use linux shall prevail. Thanks Browser Det...

When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine.
Name: James R McMillan Product: Firefox Summary: When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine. Comments: Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Reinstall of Windows with Firefox, but cannot install old Firefox favorites
Name: briin Email: briingouldathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Reinstall of Windows with Firefox, but cannot install old Firefox favorites Comments: On an annual basis, either I upgrade my PC or reinstall Windows due to virus or other catastrophe. So its a fresh install of firefox, but firefox does not appear to provide for the importing of favorites from our previous install of firefox. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

There are no installation instructions under "Installing Firefox 2"
Name: justin Email: justinatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: There are no installation instructions under "Installing Firefox 2" Comments: Why is there an "Installing Firefox 2" section on the release notes if you dont give instructions on how to install it??? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20060130 Red Hat/1.0.7-1.4.3 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

New installed Firefox does not start due to old Java installation
Name: Dieter Bremer Product: Firefox Summary: New installed Firefox does not start due to old Java installation Comments: Hi, I updated from Firefox 0.8 to 2.0. Firefox 2.0 did not start without any error message. After some investigation I found out that my Java installation was too old.It could be helpful to get a hint that the Java installation does not fit to the current Firefox. Dieter Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

How do I install install.rdf for SpellBound II modded for Firefox 3?
Found a version of SpellBound II spell checker somewhere that had its version number modded so that supposedly Spell Bound II can run with FF 3. I unzipped the zip file for Spellbound II to a temp directory. I then clicked in install.rdf and receive this message. This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. So How do I install this add-in?? Thanks Patty pattyjamas@gmail.com wrote: > Found a version of SpellBound II spell checker somewhere that had its > version number modded so that supposedly S...

Web resources about - Install Firefox on WinXP without installer - mozilla.support.firefox

Installer Institute - Car Audio Installation and Mobile Electronics Education
The Installer Institute is a school for car audio installation training offering MESA certification. The leader in Mobile Electronics Installation ...

Anaconda (installer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anaconda is the installer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux , Oracle Linux , Scientific Linux , CentOS and Fedora . Anacondas are lizard -eating ...

Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store on iTunes
Get Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Xposed Installer Alpha 2 & Pop-Up Videos– XDA Xposed Tuesday - YouTube
The Xposed Framework on Android 5.0 Lollipop is getting closer and closer to a final release. When that will happen, no one is quite sure. But, ...

Kevin Rudd told insulation program 'on track' until four installers dead
The Rudd government cabinet was told the home insulation program was "on track" just one day before the death of the first installer, it has ...

VKMusic4 - Apple Macs Get Malicious Fake Installer Trojan Virus
Apple computers are now the target of a fake installer that tacks hidden fees onto mobile phone account bills.

Kevin Rudd 'deeply sorry' for the deaths of insulation installers
UPDATE 4.40pm: PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd says he is deeply sorry about the deaths of installers working on the Federal Government's home insulation ...

Image Editor GIMP Abandons SourceForge Over Adware-Wrapped Installers
... software decides it no longer wants anything to do with you. This... The tipping point was the introduction of their own SourceForge Installer ...

Home insulation scheme crippled by dodgy installers: Greg Combet
Former climate change minister Greg Combet faced unscrupulous installers trying to defraud the government even as he was trying to wind down ...

Lloyd Rayney phone-tapping trial: Fingerprints on roof manhole match alleged installer of bugging equipment ...
Two fingerprints on a manhole cover from the home of Lloyd Rayney match those of the man he is alleged to have paid to install phone-bugging ...