    It's not the speed that kills, it's the stopping.
1
The
12/29/2016 10:28:59 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23657 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

On 2016-12-29 17:28, The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Start it in safe mode, let it sit for a while and then exit.  Start
> normally and be amazed that stuff works again.  It might take a couple
> of cycles to work this Christmas Miracle, but it worked for me.  Perhaps
> this will have solved the crash-several-times-per-day problem
> (50.1.0/linux) too...

Yeah don't count on it lol. Ever since I upgraded from 38 to 45 (ESR)
the thing's been freezing-up on Facebook regularly. This is the worst
version I've ever had - FF NEVER hung on me before in many many years of
using it. I tried pinpointing the problem to some addOn I have but
failed, unless it's something I did not disable, like NoScript, which
has never been a problem before. I'm very disappointed in this version
anyway, it used to be so dependable (and of course it doesn't crash, so
there is no crash report; it just freezes...)

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  USER: A technical term used by computer pros. See idiot.

1
B00ze
12/31/2016 5:55:54 AM
On 2016-12-31 00:55, B00ze <B00ze64@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 2016-12-29 17:28, The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Start it in safe mode, let it sit for a while and then exit.  Start
>> normally and be amazed that stuff works again.  It might take a couple
>> of cycles to work this Christmas Miracle, but it worked for me.  Perhaps
>> this will have solved the crash-several-times-per-day problem
>> (50.1.0/linux) too...
>
> Yeah don't count on it lol. Ever since I upgraded from 38 to 45 (ESR)
> the thing's been freezing-up on Facebook regularly. This is the worst
> version I've ever had - FF NEVER hung on me before in many many years of
> using it. I tried pinpointing the problem to some addOn I have but
> failed, unless it's something I did not disable, like NoScript, which
> has never been a problem before. I'm very disappointed in this version
> anyway, it used to be so dependable (and of course it doesn't crash, so
> there is no crash report; it just freezes...)

FYI Resolved my issue by disabling hardware acceleration...

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  Scotty's smoking the dilithium crystals again, Jim.

0
B00ze
1/17/2017 12:22:04 AM
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 6:22:46 PM UTC-6, B00ze wrote:
> On 2016-12-31 00:55, B00ze wrote:
>
> > On 2016-12-29 17:28, The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Start it in safe mode, let it sit for a while and then exit.  Start
> >> normally and be amazed that stuff works again.  It might take a couple
> >> of cycles to work this Christmas Miracle, but it worked for me.  Perhaps
> >> this will have solved the crash-several-times-per-day problem
> >> (50.1.0/linux) too...
> >
> > Yeah don't count on it lol. Ever since I upgraded from 38 to 45 (ESR)
> > the thing's been freezing-up on Facebook regularly. This is the worst
> > version I've ever had - FF NEVER hung on me before in many many years of
> > using it. I tried pinpointing the problem to some addOn I have but
> > failed, unless it's something I did not disable, like NoScript, which
> > has never been a problem before. I'm very disappointed in this version
> > anyway, it used to be so dependable (and of course it doesn't crash, so
> > there is no crash report; it just freezes...)
>
> FYI Resolved my issue by disabling hardware acceleration...
>
> --
> ! _\|/_  Sylvain /
> ! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
> oO-( )-Oo  Scotty's smoking the dilithium crystals again, Jim.

Love to be able to fix my FF, but it hangs with the not responding before I can get into options. How did you disable hardware acceleration?
0
John
1/18/2017 10:56:17 PM
On 2017-01-18 17:56, John Quigley <jq2intx@gmail.com> wrote:

>> FYI Resolved my issue by disabling hardware acceleration...
>>
> Love to be able to fix my FF, but it hangs with the not responding before I can get into options. How did you disable hardware acceleration?

My problem was that it was freezing-up randomly on Facebook, not "Always
Freezing-up" - so I just restarted the browser, went into options ->
Advanced and disabled hardware acceleration. You could try this in User.js:

user_pref("layers.acceleration.disabled", true);
user_pref("gfx.direct2d.disabled", true);

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  "640K ought to be enough for anyone." -Gates

0
B00ze