I don't like the default favicon in bookmarks.

For sites that don't supply them, Firefox supplies a default black&White
globe.   I'd like to change it.   I had an old userChrome.css snippet
that worked but fails now.   Does anyone have a better idea??

/* ## Make blank favicons some image.  */
#fav-image[blank] {

     list-style-image: url("/home/alan/.icons/Icons/Unknown.png")
!important;

}

Ignore the line wrap on the 'list-style...' line.
0
Big
12/29/2017 3:12:36 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24082 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 2017-12-29 10:12, Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> wrote:

> For sites that don't supply them, Firefox supplies a default black&White
> globe.   I'd like to change it.   I had an old userChrome.css snippet
> that worked but fails now.   Does anyone have a better idea??
>
> #fav-image[blank] {
> list-style-image: url("/home/alan/.icons/Icons/Unknown.png")
> !important;
> }

Ask here:
https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/88

I searched Aris' CSS but did not find one for the default FavIcon, even
tho he had many choices in CTR. You could ask him to add this to his CSS
tweaks, while he is at answering you on how to make it work for your own
icon.

Let us know what happens.
Thanks.

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  Very funny Scotty! Now beam up my clothes!

0
B00ze
1/3/2018 5:31:53 AM
On 2018-01-03 00:31, B00ze <B00ze64@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 2017-12-29 10:12, Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> For sites that don't supply them, Firefox supplies a default black&White
>> globe.   I'd like to change it.   I had an old userChrome.css snippet
>> that worked but fails now.   Does anyone have a better idea??
>>
>> #fav-image[blank] {
>> list-style-image: url("/home/alan/.icons/Icons/Unknown.png")
>> !important;
>> }
>
> Ask here:
> https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/88
>
> I searched Aris' CSS but did not find one for the default FavIcon, even
> tho he had many choices in CTR. You could ask him to add this to his CSS
> tweaks, while he is at answering you on how to make it work for your own
> icon.
>
> Let us know what happens.
> Thanks.

I asked Aris, since you're not doing it. Here is his reply: "Since
Firefox 55 it is not possible to do the same (change default FavIcon)
for bookmarks btw unless you create own code per bookmark based on its
label."

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  An elephant is a mouse built to government specs.

0
B00ze
1/6/2018 2:54:25 AM
On 01/05/2018 09:54 PM, B00ze wrote:
> On 2018-01-03 00:31, B00ze <B00ze64@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-12-29 10:12, Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For sites that don't supply them, Firefox supplies a default black&White
>>> globe.   I'd like to change it.   I had an old userChrome.css snippet
>>> that worked but fails now.   Does anyone have a better idea??
>>>
>>> #fav-image[blank] {
>>> list-style-image: url("/home/alan/.icons/Icons/Unknown.png")
>>> !important;
>>> }
>>
>> Ask here:
>> https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/88
>>
>> I searched Aris' CSS but did not find one for the default FavIcon, even
>> tho he had many choices in CTR. You could ask him to add this to his CSS
>> tweaks, while he is at answering you on how to make it work for your own
>> icon.
>>
>> Let us know what happens.
>> Thanks.
>
> I asked Aris, since you're not doing it. Here is his reply: "Since
> Firefox 55 it is not possible to do the same (change default FavIcon)
> for bookmarks btw unless you create own code per bookmark based on its
> label."
>
> Regards,

I didn't ask since I've been distracted by other issues and not
attending to reading some posts.   Just saw your first and now second
post.   Thanks for asking.  And yes, I've seen the 'per bookmark' patch
that lets you do it but that's not the route I'd prefer.  Kinda looking
for global.

Al.
0
Big
1/6/2018 8:37:26 AM
On 2018-01-06 03:37, Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> wrote:

> On 01/05/2018 09:54 PM, B00ze wrote:

>>> Ask here:
>>> https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/88
>>>
>>> I searched Aris' CSS but did not find one for the default FavIcon, even
>>> tho he had many choices in CTR. You could ask him to add this to his CSS
>>> tweaks, while he is at answering you on how to make it work for your own
>>> icon.
>>>
>>> Let us know what happens.
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> I asked Aris, since you're not doing it. Here is his reply: "Since
>> Firefox 55 it is not possible to do the same (change default FavIcon)
>> for bookmarks btw unless you create own code per bookmark based on its
>> label."
>>
>> Regards,
>>
> I didn't ask since I've been distracted by other issues and not
> attending to reading some posts. Just saw your first and now second
> post. Thanks for asking.  And yes, I've seen the 'per bookmark' patch
> that lets you do it but that's not the route I'd prefer. Kinda looking
> for global.
>
> Al.

Lol, sorry, I wasn't patient enough; I wanted to know how to do it too!
So apparently we cannot do it anymore. I do per-label icon changes in
Bookmarks for my top-level folders (about 20) but doing it for single
bookmarks is obviously not an acceptable solution. I have no idea why it
is no longer possible after FF55, I'd have to ask Aris to explain...

Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  Windows error 04 Erroneous error, nothing wrong.

0
B00ze
1/7/2018 3:16:09 AM
On 01/06/2018 10:16 PM, B00ze wrote:
> On 2018-01-06 03:37, Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> I asked Aris, since you're not doing it. Here is his reply: "Since
>>> Firefox 55 it is not possible to do the same (change default FavIcon)
>>> for bookmarks btw unless you create own code per bookmark based on its
>>> label."
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>> I didn't ask since I've been distracted by other issues and not
>> attending to reading some posts. Just saw your first and now second
>> post. Thanks for asking.  And yes, I've seen the 'per bookmark' patch
>> that lets you do it but that's not the route I'd prefer. Kinda looking
>> for global.
>>
>> Al.
>
> Lol, sorry, I wasn't patient enough; I wanted to know how to do it too!
> So apparently we cannot do it anymore. I do per-label icon changes in
> Bookmarks for my top-level folders (about 20) but doing it for single
> bookmarks is obviously not an acceptable solution. I have no idea why it
> is no longer possible after FF55, I'd have to ask Aris to explain...
>
> Best Regards,

He could explain all he wants but unless there is a way, we'll never get
it done.   I guess I'll just have to try your method.   Do you mind
posting one of your bookmark css lines here?  Thanks.

0
Big
1/7/2018 2:49:37 PM
On 2018-01-07 09:49, Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> wrote:

> On 01/06/2018 10:16 PM, B00ze wrote:

[snip]

>>> I didn't ask since I've been distracted by other issues and not
>>> attending to reading some posts. Just saw your first and now second
>>> post. Thanks for asking.  And yes, I've seen the 'per bookmark' patch
>>> that lets you do it but that's not the route I'd prefer. Kinda looking
>>> for global.
>>>
>>> Al.
>>
>> Lol, sorry, I wasn't patient enough; I wanted to know how to do it
>> too! So apparently we cannot do it anymore. I do per-label icon
>> changes in Bookmarks for my top-level folders (about 20) but doing it
>> for single bookmarks is obviously not an acceptable solution. I have
>> no idea why it is no longer possible after FF55, I'd have to ask Aris
>> to explain...
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
> He could explain all he wants but unless there is a way, we'll never get
> it done.   I guess I'll just have to try your method.   Do you mind
> posting one of your bookmark css lines here?  Thanks.

Here's an example:

...bookmark-item[container="true"][label="Other"],
...bookmark-item[container="true"][label="Unsorted"],
...bookmark-item[container="true"][label="Misc"],
...bookmark-item[container="true"][label="Miscellaneous"] {

   list-style-image:
url('chrome://browser/skin/places/unsortedBookmarks.png') !important;
   /* -moz-image-region: rect(0px 16px 16px 0px) !important; */
      -moz-image-region: auto !important; }

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  We secretly replaced the dilithium w/ Folgers crystals.

0
B00ze
1/9/2018 5:37:54 AM
On 2018-01-09 00:37, B00ze <B00ze64@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 2018-01-07 09:49, Big Al <BigAl@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/06/2018 10:16 PM, B00ze wrote:
>
> [snip]

>>> Lol, sorry, I wasn't patient enough; I wanted to know how to do it
>>> too! So apparently we cannot do it anymore. I do per-label icon
>>> changes in Bookmarks for my top-level folders (about 20) but doing it
>>> for single bookmarks is obviously not an acceptable solution. I have
>>> no idea why it is no longer possible after FF55, I'd have to ask Aris
>>> to explain...
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>> He could explain all he wants but unless there is a way, we'll never get
>> it done.   I guess I'll just have to try your method.   Do you mind
>> posting one of your bookmark css lines here?  Thanks.
>
> Here's an example:
>
> .bookmark-item[container="true"][label="Other"],
> .bookmark-item[container="true"][label="Unsorted"],
> .bookmark-item[container="true"][label="Misc"],
> .bookmark-item[container="true"][label="Miscellaneous"] {
>
> list-style-image:
> url('chrome://browser/skin/places/unsortedBookmarks.png') !important;
>    /* -moz-image-region: rect(0px 16px 16px 0px) !important; */
>       -moz-image-region: auto !important; }

Bug in Thunderbird, it added an extra "." in front of Bookmark-Item.
I have removed the extra dot in the quoted text above.
Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  "Scotty, beam us aboard." - "Aye Aye sir, will a 2x4 do?"

0
B00ze