I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config
trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache.  I have NOT found the
trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until recently.

Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a
knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?

I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT
too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy)

Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern
matters

Using   about:cache

Information about the Cache Service
Memory cache device
Number of entries: 	722
Maximum storage size: 	30720 KiB
Storage in use: 	7331 KiB
Inactive storage: 	7331 KiB

Offline cache device
Number of entries: 	0
Maximum storage size: 	512000 KiB
Storage in use: 	0 KiB
Cache Directory: 	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d9ws2fua.default\OfflineCache

Checking that general folder area, There is a \profiles\xxccvv\cache
folder - ITS EMPTY, even after visiting several ebay links

Using  about:cache?device=memory

Information about the Cache Service

Memory cache device
Number of entries: 	722
Maximum storage size: 	30720 KiB
Storage in use: 	7331 KiB
Inactive storage: 	7331 KiB

using   about:cache?device=disk

Information about the Cache Service

No Other response on the screen for this attempt

Using   browser.cache

browser.cache.check_doc_frequency;		3
browser.cache.compression_level;		0
browser.cache.disk.capacity;			1048576
browser.cache.disk.enable;			true
browser.cache.disk.max_entry_size;		151200
browser.cache.disk.parent_directory;		e:\cache
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.enabled;		true
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run;	false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size_cached_value;	194560
browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl;			true
browser.cache.memory.enable;			true
browser.cache.memory.max_entry_size;		5120
browser.cache.offline.capacity;			512000
browser.cache.offline.enable;			true

As far as I know I have FF set to clear cache upon a complete exit, I
didn't think that meant Don't Cache at all.

The folder specified in the browser.cache.disk.parent_directory entry is
a drive that sees no other use so I was hoping that would speed up the
cache-ing process.

I Do NOT See anything happening in that drive, the cache folder stays
EMPTY.........
The drive is accessible all the time.
-1
Hp
5/28/2012 1:30:18 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On 5/27/2012 9:30 PM, Hp wrote:
> I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config
> trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the
> trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until
> recently.
>
> Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a
> knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?
>
> I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT
> too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy)
>
> Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern
> matters
>
> Using about:cache
>
> Information about the Cache Service
> Memory cache device
> Number of entries: 722
> Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB
> Storage in use: 7331 KiB
> Inactive storage: 7331 KiB

> I Do NOT See anything happening in that drive, the cache folder stays
> EMPTY.........
> The drive is accessible all the time.

Dumb question.

Have you tried to find cache when Fire fox is not running?  it could be
that the cache only exists on the disk when it is saved on exiting fire fox.
1
Keith
5/28/2012 2:59:33 AM
On 5/27/2012 10:59 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
> On 5/27/2012 9:30 PM, Hp wrote:
>> I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config
>> trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the
>> trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until
>> recently.
>>
>> Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a
>> knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?
>>
>> I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT
>> too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy)
>>
>> Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern
>> matters
>>
>> Using about:cache
>>
>> Information about the Cache Service
>> Memory cache device
>> Number of entries: 722
>> Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB
>> Storage in use: 7331 KiB
>> Inactive storage: 7331 KiB
>

>> I Do NOT See anything happening in that drive, the cache folder stays
>> EMPTY.........
>> The drive is accessible all the time.
>
> Dumb question.
>
> Have you tried to find cache when Fire fox is not running?  it could be
> that the cache only exists on the disk when it is saved on exiting fire
> fox.

I figure that if it is not there then Firefox does not need it. What do
you think?

--

  David

-1
David
5/28/2012 3:07:28 AM
On 05/28/2012 03:30 AM, Hp wrote:
> I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config
> trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the
> trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until
> recently.
>
> Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a
> knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?

Could you explain exactly, how you try to find out whether there is a
cache or not and also what urls you're using for testing.

Did you try creating a brand new profile to see whether the cache is
working there.
You could use this new profile as a base to look for differences in the
configurations.
-1
Gelomida
5/28/2012 7:52:25 AM
On Sun, 27 May 2012 21:30:18 -0400, in message <ffqdnRMxX56zSF_SnZ2dnUVZ_oadnZ2d@mozilla.org>
Hp wrote:

> Subject: I can't get no cache, I can't get no cache. 'Cause I try and I try
>  and I try and, I can't get no, I can't get no cache.

If you are running the portable version of Firefox, the disk cache
is disabled.

http://portableapps.com/support/firefox_portable#modifications

--
Kind regards
Ralph

> As far as I know I have FF set to clear cache upon a complete exit, I
> didn't think that meant Don't Cache at all.

Last I heard, that�s just what it means. If you set your cache to be
cleared when Firefox is closed, the disk cache is disabled.

If I remember correctly, this is supposed to be a privacy feature, to be
sure that your cache (which you want cleared if Firefox is closed) is
truly �gone� even if Firefox crashes.

Regards

Michael
1
windows
5/28/2012 9:46:02 AM
On 05/27/2012 11:07 PM, David wrote:
> On 5/27/2012 10:59 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
>> On 5/27/2012 9:30 PM, Hp wrote:
>>> I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config
>>> trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the
>>> trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until
>>> recently.
>>>
>>> Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a
>>> knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?
>>>
>>> I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT
>>> too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy)
>>>
>>> Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern
>>> matters
>>>
>>> Using about:cache
>>>
>>> Information about the Cache Service
>>> Memory cache device
>>> Number of entries: 722
>>> Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB
>>> Storage in use: 7331 KiB
>>> Inactive storage: 7331 KiB
>>

>>> I Do NOT See anything happening in that drive, the cache folder stays
>>> EMPTY.........
>>> The drive is accessible all the time.
>>
>> Dumb question.
>>
>> Have you tried to find cache when Fire fox is not running?  it could be
>> that the cache only exists on the disk when it is saved on exiting fire
>> fox.
>
> I figure that if it is not there then Firefox does not need it. What do
> you think?

Good answer.

Firefox is only going to use Disk Cache when there is no memory left to
use. Disk Cache is a swap file.

http://pcnineoneone.com/howto/swpfile1/

Each users about:cache should be different depending on the size of
physical RAM.

Mine is currently.

Memory cache device

Number of entries: 	200
Maximum storage size: 	29696 KiB
Storage in use: 	2251 KiB
Inactive storage: 	2251 KiB
List Cache Entries

Offline cache device

Number of entries: 	0
Maximum storage size: 	512000 KiB
Storage in use: 	0 KiB
Cache Directory: 	~/.mozilla/firefox/n5f35n6u.Aurora/OfflineCache

If the user wants to see Disk Cache they should try opening many other
applications until the system needs to use swap memory.

--
Thunderbird Beta | openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2

-1
WLS
5/28/2012 12:48:57 PM
On 2012-05-27 18:30, Hp wrote:
> I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config
> trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the
> trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until
> recently.
>
> Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a
> knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?
>
> I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT
> too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy)
>
> Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern
> matters
>
> Using about:cache
>
> Information about the Cache Service
> Memory cache device
> Number of entries: 722
> Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB
> Storage in use: 7331 KiB
> Inactive storage: 7331 KiB
>
> Offline cache device
> Number of entries: 0
> Maximum storage size: 512000 KiB
> Storage in use: 0 KiB
> Cache Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
> Settings\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d9ws2fua.default\OfflineCache
>
> Checking that general folder area, There is a \profiles\xxccvv\cache
> folder - ITS EMPTY, even after visiting several ebay links
>
> Using about:cache?device=memory
>
> Information about the Cache Service
>
> Memory cache device
> Number of entries: 722
> Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB
> Storage in use: 7331 KiB
> Inactive storage: 7331 KiB
>
> using about:cache?device=disk
>
> Information about the Cache Service
>
> No Other response on the screen for this attempt
>

> Using browser.cache
>
> browser.cache.check_doc_frequency; 3
> browser.cache.compression_level; 0
> browser.cache.disk.capacity; 1048576
> browser.cache.disk.enable; true
> browser.cache.disk.max_entry_size; 151200
> browser.cache.disk.parent_directory; e:\cache
> browser.cache.disk.smart_size.enabled; true
> browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run; false
> browser.cache.disk.smart_size_cached_value; 194560
> browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl; true
> browser.cache.memory.enable; true
> browser.cache.memory.max_entry_size; 5120
> browser.cache.offline.capacity; 512000
> browser.cache.offline.enable; true
>

> As far as I know I have FF set to clear cache upon a complete exit, I
> didn't think that meant Don't Cache at all.
>
> The folder specified in the browser.cache.disk.parent_directory entry is
> a drive that sees no other use so I was hoping that would speed up the
> cache-ing process.
>
> I Do NOT See anything happening in that drive, the cache folder stays
> EMPTY.........
> The drive is accessible all the time.

I ended up enabling the offline cache, but setting its capacity to 0
because I did not like the way the cache was being handled.  That seemed
to fix the problems for me.

1
EE
5/28/2012 6:37:17 PM
On 2012-05-27 19:59, Keith Nuttle wrote:
> On 5/27/2012 9:30 PM, Hp wrote:
>> I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config
>> trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the
>> trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until
>> recently.
>>
>> Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a
>> knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?
>>
>> I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT
>> too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy)
>>
>> Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern
>> matters
>>
>> Using about:cache
>>
>> Information about the Cache Service
>> Memory cache device
>> Number of entries: 722
>> Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB
>> Storage in use: 7331 KiB
>> Inactive storage: 7331 KiB
>

>> I Do NOT See anything happening in that drive, the cache folder stays
>> EMPTY.........
>> The drive is accessible all the time.
>
> Dumb question.
>
> Have you tried to find cache when Fire fox is not running? it could be
> that the cache only exists on the disk when it is saved on exiting fire
> fox.

That is not true.  I empty all the data before I close the browser,
except for site preferences and cookies.  I have been browsing for a
while, and the disk cache has content in it from this session.

-1
EE
5/28/2012 6:48:28 PM
On 5/28/2012 2:37 PM, EE wrote:
> On 2012-05-27 18:30, Hp wrote:
>> I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config
>> trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the
>> trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until
>> recently.
>>
>> Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a
>> knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?
>>
>> I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT
>> too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy)
>>
>> Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern
>> matters

snip

To all that have been here trying to read this and participate,
it seems at some point in the not to distant past the FF programmers
made the "Clear History When FireFox Closes" Privacy option into a
simple toggle,
  Unchecked FireFox uses disk caching,
  checked and FireFox Does NOT use Disk Caching.

Me thinks I don't like this!!!!

1
Hp
5/30/2012 1:57:14 AM
On 05/29/2012 09:57 PM, Hp wrote:
> On 5/28/2012 2:37 PM, EE wrote:
>> On 2012-05-27 18:30, Hp wrote:
>>> I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config
>>> trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the
>>> trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until
>>> recently.
>>>
>>> Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a
>>> knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache?
>>>
>>> I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT
>>> too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy)
>>>
>>> Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern
>>> matters
>>>

> snip
>
> To all that have been here trying to read this and participate,
> it seems at some point in the not to distant past the FF programmers
> made the "Clear History When FireFox Closes" Privacy option into a
> simple toggle,
>  Unchecked FireFox uses disk caching,
>  checked and FireFox Does NOT use Disk Caching.
>
> Me thinks I don't like this!!!!

Just tested that out, and you are right. With clear cache unchecked, I
have Disk cache.

Disk cache device
Number of entries: 	59
Maximum storage size: 	1048576 KiB
Storage in use: 	297 KiB
Cache Directory: 	~/.mozilla/firefox/27ydo2g6.opensuse/Cache

With clear cache checked, I have memory cache.

Memory cache device
Number of entries: 	58
Maximum storage size: 	29696 KiB
Storage in use: 	202 KiB
Inactive storage: 	202 KiB

Don't know why the difference of Storage in use, but methinks I do like it.

--
Thunderbird (15.0a1) Daily | openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2
I love the Australis look of TB 15!

-1
WLS
5/30/2012 2:33:27 AM
On 05/30/2012 03:57 AM, Hp wrote:

> To all that have been here trying to read this and participate,
> it seems at some point in the not to distant past the FF programmers
> made the "Clear History When FireFox Closes" Privacy option into a
> simple toggle,
> Unchecked FireFox uses disk caching,
> checked and FireFox Does NOT use Disk Caching.

If this is the case, then the text is absolutely misleading.

For Above functionality the message should then be.
something like

Use Disk cache
Cache data on Disk

However it could of course be, that Firefox starts caching to disk only
when running out of RAM.
Did you try to cache so many entries, that Firefox couldn't fit them
anymore into RAM?

It might be they just decided to delay writing to disk as long as
possible, knowing, that everything written to disk had to be deleted
when quitting Firefox.

-1
Gelomida
5/30/2012 10:14:22 AM
On 5/30/2012 6:14 AM, Gelomida wrote:
> On 05/30/2012 03:57 AM, Hp wrote:
>

>> To all that have been here trying to read this and participate,
>> it seems at some point in the not to distant past the FF programmers
>> made the "Clear History When FireFox Closes" Privacy option into a
>> simple toggle,
>> Unchecked FireFox uses disk caching,
>> checked and FireFox Does NOT use Disk Caching.
>>

> If this is the case, then the text is absolutely misleading.
>
> For Above functionality the message should then be.
> something like
>
> Use Disk cache
> Cache data on Disk
>
> However it could of course be, that Firefox starts caching to disk only
> when running out of RAM.
> Did you try to cache so many entries, that Firefox couldn't fit them
> anymore into RAM?
>
> It might be they just decided to delay writing to disk as long as
> possible, knowing, that everything written to disk had to be deleted
> when quitting Firefox.

Yes I loaded FireFix up to the point it CRAWLED trying to do anything,
It also sucked up so much of my RAM (4giggles, .5G assigned to ramdrive)
that everything was effected. Task manager showed totol usage to be over
3.5G at that point. The mian recovery was to totaly close FF and then
WAIT for the system to get memory back as FF took a little time to turn
loose all the RAM space it consumed.

1
Hp

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email
Name: martha Email: mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email Comments: The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the...

Can't get Zero Hex Satisfaction
Hey, how can I get a Zero byte into a Blob? I've tried the following: b = blob(space(1), EncodingUTF8!) blobedit(b, 1, blob('~h00', EncodingUTF8!)) BlobEdit fails when the value is 0H. It's working for other values. ....and I have rebooted, debugged, sent my daily greetings to the Sybase Management, changed music and socks, so I'm out of ideas... I'm using PB10, build 6064. Thanks for any tip Hi, The way I've found: blob lb_byte0 integer li_0 li_0 = 0 lb_byte0 = blob("aa") BlobEdit ( lb_byte0, 1, li_0) lb_byte0 = blobm...

Can't get through init 3 from init 5 and can't get through init 5 from init 3.
I tried opensuse 12.1 Gm today. Installation was perfect with xfce 4.8 until I tried installing the nvidia driver. In runlevel 5 as superuser I tried to shift to runlevel 3 and was welcome with a black screen, I have to use ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. During the reboot I used runlevel 3 and I was able to install the nvidia driver. After the nvidia driver installation I tried to shift to runlevel 5 and there, I was welcome with a black screen with a stationary blinking x cursor. I rebooted once again wiith runlevel 5 to get the gui. Any one had seen this happened? This installation is...

Can't get around this problem, Can't load
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/home/morry/src/pcdesign,v14.x/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: /usr/dist/share/perl5,v5.6.1/5bin.sun4/perl: fatal: relocation error: file /home/morry/src/pcdesign,v14.x/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: symbol Perl_no_modify: referenced symbol not found at /usr/dist/share/perl5,v5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 206, <BOM> line 5362. at (eval 1) line 3 Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 3, <BOM> line 536...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer
Name: ken reid Email: kreidatfdainfodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer Comments: Hi I have been using Thunderbird and Firefox for at least seven years. I do not like Outlook or Internet Explorer. However, I had to sync my PDA phone today with Outlook and now I can't open Firefox at all. I get an error that says: <window ID="main window" V I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times, but it wont open. Thunderbird is fine and the box for Outlook and Internet explorer bei...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled #2
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

Desperate!!!! -- can't get DNN4 with sqlexpress2005 to work on winxp --- can't connect to DB!!!!!
HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!I followed the install guide for DNN4 (install version)...but it doesn't work with SQL 2005 express on Win XP...i have tried everything!! below is the error message and the connection strings...HELP!!!   Error Installing DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 04.00.00ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\dotnetnuke\App_Data\dotnetnuke.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\dotne...

Debian Woody, two problems: can't get kppp to work and can't su in X
Hello, I have Debian Woody installed on this Dell i8100 laptop via Libranet 2.0. I have two hurdles left that I can't seem to overcome. 1. I can't get kppp to work. I always get the following error message: Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: The remote system is required to authenticate itself Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so. Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.) Exit Status From 'man pppd': 1 An immediately f...

Firefox won't load; can't get it to work!
Name: Robbie Email: torocityatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't load; can't get it to work! Comments: I'm running Windows 7, and I can't get Firefox 3.6 to work. I get the following message when I try to run it: We're sorry. Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts. To help us diagnose and fix the problem, you can send us a crash report. I've tried to reinstall, to run in Safe Mode, and to do the dozens of things suggested on the Internet, but I can't run Firefo...

Why can't FireFox cache just save image data directly without encoding it so it can't be viewed directly?
For secure web pages, not a problem can understand why it does that. But, when it comes to pages that are not securely encrypted, why does FireFox have to encode the cache files in a format Windows doesn't understand? Retrieving graphical objects from a cache would be a lot easier if I could just browse them visually. Regarding graphics on a page, if FireFox gets an updated version of an image file, does it automatically discard the old image file, or does it hold onto it? Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde On 13.12.2009 05:35, Geoffrey Hyde wrote: --- Original Me...

superreview granted: [Bug 264442] plugin finder can't find anything for windows media. : [Attachment 162212] Don't assume we don't have a plugin before getting a responce from the network.
Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> has granted Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.jstenback.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 264442: plugin finder can't find anything for windows media. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=264442 Attachment 162212: Don't assume we don't have a plugin before getting a responce from the network. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=162212&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> r+sr=bzbarsky, I guess.. Is ther a reason mIsBrokenPlugin is write-only? ...

superreview requested: [Bug 264442] plugin finder can't find anything for windows media. : [Attachment 162212] Don't assume we don't have a plugin before getting a responce from the network.
Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.jstenback.com> has asked Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> for superreview: Bug 264442: plugin finder can't find anything for windows media. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=264442 Attachment 162212: Don't assume we don't have a plugin before getting a responce from the network. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=162212&action=edit ...

Why do I get the messages that FireFox can't open this or that it dosen't know how?
Name: joseph kuhns Email: josephdotkuhnsatusdotarmydotmil Product: Firefox Summary: Why do I get the messages that FireFox can't open this or that it dosen't know how? Comments: What's the problem with firefox now?? I open an email with links and firefox can't open them. I have to close it down and reload with Internet Explorer, What gives?? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this fe...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

can't get reports 'Old Chart's and 'New Charts' to work properly
1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so I'm missing a lot of data in the output. 2. Is there a reason for this - I have been modding bugzilla so that it has an extra status field from earlier this year - would that have had an impact ? 3. Also when I try and do a Old Chart or NewChart I can't see my new 'Status' field to select - this is ok if I do a bar chart though. cheers On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 03:25 -0800, nothtb@ukonline.co.uk wrote: > 1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so &g...

I can't seem to get a skin to work in 3.0.13 that worked fine in 2.1.2. I know I'm doing *something* wrong, but after two weeks of trying, I'm stumped...
Yiikes.  Back again.  I am having the strangest things happen with my skins now.  Images specified in a css file no longer show up.  When I enter a specific path into my ascx file (assuming the skin folder as the root directory), and upload the skin, to me, it appears to not be parsing at all.  When I 'Apply' the skin, any of my skins, I get nothing.  If I add the above image file to the ascx file, upload, parse and apply, I get an 'x' bad image, and when I click properties, the location of the image file is stating it is in the dotnetnuke/ rooot folder....

I can't figure out how to get an image's location in the local cache
I'm converting a win32 app's IE support to Firefox support, but hit a dead end. I need to add a context menu extension to allow users to right-click an image and load it into my app, from the Firefox cache. In IE, this was easy. But with Firefox I have yet to figure it out. I took a basic Firefox extension from http://extensions.roachfiend.com/howto.php and tried hacking it up. This extension just shows a "Hello, world" message when the user right-clicks on an item. I changed alert("Hello, world") to alert(document.popupNode.src), thinking that I co...

I can read from a XML file on my ASP.NET 2.0 page, but I can't write to it
Hello, this is the code I'm using.  I got it from a tutorial website but I can't remember.  Anyway, it reads the XML file just fine, but XMLTextWriter reports the following exception: "Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wikicde\applicant.xml' is denied."=== Start of Code === <script language="VB" runat="server" ID=Script1>    Sub btnReadXML_OnClick(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)  'Read and display existing file   ReadXML(Server.MapPath("menu.xml"))End SubSub btnWriteXML_OnClick(se...

Web resources about - I can't get no cache, I can't get no cache. 'Cause I try and I try and I try and, I can't get no, I can't get no cache. - mozilla.support.firefox