How to roll back to Firefox 3.0.3 from Firefox 3.0.4

After I updated to firefox  3.0.4  I could no longer connect to the
internet.   Says server not found.   Tried several web sites,
including google and yahoo.   It appears that the problem is with
zonealarm firewall.   If I turn off the firewall,  the pages load.
However,  zonealarm normaly would ask me  to allow it to connect to
the internet.  But is not since asking me about firefox,  just
blocking it.   Never had that problem before.   So while I figure that
out,  just like to go back to 3.0.3

Thanks for any help I can get.
0
Private
11/16/2008 8:30:00 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On 16.11.2008 09:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Private to
generate the following:? :
> After I updated to firefox  3.0.4  I could no longer connect to the
> internet.   Says server not found.   Tried several web sites,
> including google and yahoo.   It appears that the problem is with
> zonealarm firewall.   If I turn off the firewall,  the pages load.
> However,  zonealarm normaly would ask me  to allow it to connect to
> the internet.  But is not since asking me about firefox,  just
> blocking it.   Never had that problem before.   So while I figure that
> out,  just like to go back to 3.0.3
>
> Thanks for any help I can get.

RIGHT click the ZA-icon in the tray (next to the clock)
click "Restore ZoneAlarm Control Panel"
open the Tab "Program Control"
click the top bar "programs" to sort by name
MARK all versions of Firefox.exe that you find
RIGHT click the marked versions, select Remove

Minimize ZA to tray

Start Firefox in the usual way

ALLOW in the ZA popup - remember to allow permanently

done!

reg
0
squaredancer

Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons
Name: Nikita Email: rcplain123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons Comments: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons. The simple colors of Beta 3 "Back" and "Forward" buttons end up looking better. Also the skinny "Refresh" and "Stop" buttons do not look good. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3
Name: J. Gonyeau Email: gja352atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3 Comments: The following has been an ongoing problem for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Windows XP SP3. In both products, Firefox 3.0 and 3.0.3, the home page (I usually have 3 tabbed sites on startup) disappears and a black page appears. When I press the home button, I get the Mozilla Google page. The only way of getting the correct home is to reload Firefox. The problem is occurring on a 1-3 day interval. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; W...

Firefox 3.0.2 and 3.0.3
Name: Bob Duncan Email: golfsavvyatmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 Comments: So, my Firefox was updated and the message said I was running 3.0.2, and that "For security reasons, we recommend downloading the latest and greatest version." So, under Firefox 3 Release notes the links included "What's new in Firefox 3.0.2". Then, there is a download link to Firefox 3.0.3. But it doesn't say that 3.0.3 is newer with better features and should be downloaded. Now this seems silly, but since you don't say that either 3.0...

Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2, 3.0.3 Post Mortem
Hey all, We'll be doing a post-mortem on the recent branch releases - long overdue, sorry for the delay in scheduling. Details: * Thursday - 2:00pm Pacific, 5:00pm Eastern, 21:00 UTC * Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room * 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL) * 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US) * irc.mozilla.org #postmortem for backchannel Agenda * identifying problems that caused the respins * identifying issues missed which caused 3.0.3 * analysis of large vs. small releases * communic...

Firefox 3.0.3 #3
Name: delores Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.3 Comments: I downloaded the new Firefox 3.0.3 it went into save for my download files. When I clicked on the area on your website to download Firefox 3.0.3 it went to my download file. Then when I opened the the file I received an error message that said: Firefox setup 3.0.3 is not a valid Win 32 application and the properties says its a binary file with zero (0) bytes. I already have Firefox 3.0.2. Wondering if I need to uninstall the Firefox 3.0.2 or not. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US...

Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Jack Werner Email: jndotwernerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I upgraded to firefox 3.0.5 and lost functionality. My home page no longer "sticks" between repeated invocations of firefox. My Usernames don't "stick" either. With 2.0.0.20 I have this functionality. That is why I backleveled to it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expe...

Firefox 3.0.3 renders css differently than firefox 2.0.17
Name: David Gens Email: david2thegreate-scapedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.3 renders css differently than firefox 2.0.17 Comments: The css was verified using http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ and works just fine on the version 2 but not on version 3. I'll be glad to send you the css file and the the html files if you need them. If you could point me to any information as to the diferences in the two css engines I'll try to get you any information I can gleen Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Ge...

Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 is overwritten by Firefox 3.0.7 at every startup
Name: Jim Wolf Email: jwolf2atcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 is overwritten by Firefox 3.0.7 at every startup Comments: The current Firefox 3.0.7 automatically reinstalls every time I start Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 - I'm tired of reinstalling the beta even though I like its speed and I'm giving up now. Other problems with the beta: I cannot access "other buttons" for the Google toolbar (like the news icon); the local news box on CNN.com does not display. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0;...

Firefox 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 support
Name: Cindy Connery Email: cinconatVerizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 support Comments: Since the release of your 3.0.1 update, I have to log in to every single site and reset my settings every time I open Firefox. I have been through all of your support (which I feel is strongly lacking), including live chat and still cannot find a solution. I have seen this problem and similar ones, but none of the fixes work for me. I was excited to see an update today only to find nothing's changed for me. You REALLY need better support Browser De...

Firefox 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 crashes !
Dear all, I've always been a big Firefox fan, but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates, approx like every 5-10 minutes.... Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ? Thank you nioski said this on 12/30/2008 6:38 AM: > Dear all, > I've always been a big Firefox fan, > but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates, > approx like every 5-10 minutes.... > > Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ? > > Thank you I've had both versions from the day they were official released. Win XP MCE2005 SP3 and have had zero ...

New Firefox 3.0.1, error console, How do I get rid of Firefox 3.0.1
Name: Robert Schlentz Email: approachatminndotnet Product: Firefox Summary: New Firefox 3.0.1, error console, How do I get rid of Firefox 3.0.1 Comments: I just finished loading Firefox 3.0.1 The error console had these warnings Each of the errors occurred several times. Warning: Unknown property 'align'. Declaration dropped. Source File: http://www.tc-ieee.org/ Line: 0 Warning: Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration. Source File: http://www.mozilla.com/includes/yui/2.5.1/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-grids.css Line: 7 Warning: ...

firefox 3.0 beta 3 #3
Name: Xavier Kerestesy Email: xavieratkerestesydotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 Comments: On one of my sites, I use the following in the php pages. When I press the "back" button in firefox, it is not revalidating the page. This was working in Firefox 2.0. Please let me know if I need to change something to support firefox 3.0 or if this is a bug. Thank you, <? php header("no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"); ?> Thank you, Xavier Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-...

Firefox 3 and 3.0.3 crashes
Name: John Bryden Email: marathonpcatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 and 3.0.3 crashes Comments: Love Firefox, always have , find it hard to use any other browser, however since v3 and beyond, I have never had Firefox crash so much in all my years. Seems very unstable, crashes often for no reason even on a cold start, various web pages, no rhyme or reason. Friends have been experiencing the same problem, as an IT person I spend a lot of time on front of a PC. Please make it work as it did in the past. Thanks John Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U...

Firefox crashes without warning = using Vista Premium and Firefox 3.0.11, started in 3.0.10
Name: Ian Gribble Email: iangribbleatbigponddotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox crashes without warning = using Vista Premium and Firefox 3.0.11, started in 3.0.10 Comments: as in summary - when reporting from Error Summary page there is no indication of successful report. Fire fox is a great product, this crashing started in v 3.0.10, I have not installed any new software. Firefox restarts OK with prior session - more annoying than fatal. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) ...

Web resources about - How to roll back to Firefox 3.0.3 from Firefox 3.0.4 - mozilla.support.firefox

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox