How to remove the guesses

Hi All,

FF 61.0

I have noticed for a while now that when I click in a block and Firefox
drops down all its guesses as to what I want, I am unable to mouse
over the bad guesses and press delete to rig myself of them.

Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Many thanks,
-T
0
T
7/9/2018 8:59:55 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24300 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

15 Replies
23 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 0

On 7/9/18 4:59 PM, T wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
> FF 61.0
> 
> I have noticed for a while now that when I click in a block and Firefox
> drops down all its guesses as to what I want, I am unable to mouse
> over the bad guesses and press delete to rig myself of them.
> 
> Is there a fix or workaround for this?
> 
> Many thanks,
> -T


When you do a search from the Address or Search bar, and get search 
suggestions you want to delete the incorrect suggestions?

I disable suggestions in Options > Search.

Or something else?

-- 
CPU: 3.2 Ghz AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 Processor
RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
7/9/2018 9:15:24 PM
T wrote:

> FF 61.0
> 
> I have noticed for a while now that when I click in a block and Firefox
> drops down all its guesses as to what I want, I am unable to mouse over
> the bad guesses and press delete to rig myself of them.
> 
> Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Who is supplying these guesses?  Google search; Bing; a login form you use 
regularly? Just one page, or all of 'em?  Details...
0
Richard
7/9/2018 9:18:12 PM
On 07/09/2018 02:15 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 7/9/18 4:59 PM, T wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> FF 61.0
>>
>> I have noticed for a while now that when I click in a block and Firefox
>> drops down all its guesses as to what I want, I am unable to mouse
>> over the bad guesses and press delete to rig myself of them.
>>
>> Is there a fix or workaround for this?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
> 
> 
> When you do a search from the Address or Search bar, and get search 
> suggestions you want to delete the incorrect suggestions?
> 
> I disable suggestions in Options > Search.
> 
> Or something else?
> 

address bar or any fill in block
0
T
7/9/2018 9:23:28 PM
On 07/09/2018 02:18 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
> T wrote:
> 
>> FF 61.0
>>
>> I have noticed for a while now that when I click in a block and Firefox
>> drops down all its guesses as to what I want, I am unable to mouse over
>> the bad guesses and press delete to rig myself of them.
>>
>> Is there a fix or workaround for this?
> 
> Who is supplying these guesses?  Google search; Bing; a login form you use
> regularly? Just one page, or all of 'em?  Details...
> 

Firefox is.  It happens in the address bar or any fill in block.
0
T
7/9/2018 9:24:14 PM
On 7/9/18 5:24 PM, T wrote:
> On 07/09/2018 02:18 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
>> T wrote:
>>
>>> FF 61.0
>>>
>>> I have noticed for a while now that when I click in a block and Firefox
>>> drops down all its guesses as to what I want, I am unable to mouse over
>>> the bad guesses and press delete to rig myself of them.
>>>
>>> Is there a fix or workaround for this?
>>
>> Who is supplying these guesses?  Google search; Bing; a login form you 
>> use
>> regularly? Just one page, or all of 'em?  Details...
>>
> 
> Firefox is.  It happens in the address bar or any fill in block.

Don't know what an any fill in block is.

Address bar gives search suggestions.

Google Search has a "Remove" item.

<https://www.google.com/>

DuckDuckGo does not.

<https://duckduckgo.com/>

-- 
CPU: 3.2 Ghz AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 Processor
RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
7/9/2018 9:38:19 PM
On 07/09/2018 02:38 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> Don't know what an any fill in block is.

Look at this web page:

http://primalforums.forumotion.com/login

If I click in "username", I get about 10 suggestions.
0
T
7/9/2018 9:47:25 PM
On 7/9/18 5:47 PM, T wrote:
> On 07/09/2018 02:38 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> Don't know what an any fill in block is.
> 
> Look at this web page:
> 
> http://primalforums.forumotion.com/login
> 
> If I click in "username", I get about 10 suggestions.


For that you would go to Options > Privacy & Security > Saved Logins and 
delete all the Username/Password combinations you don't want. 
Preferences > Privacy & Security on Linux.

Unless you have 10 users using the same browser profile and 10 different 
logins to that site. One for each user.



-- 
CPU: 3.2 Ghz AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 Processor
RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
7/9/2018 10:02:13 PM
On 07/09/2018 03:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 7/9/18 5:47 PM, T wrote:
>> On 07/09/2018 02:38 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> Don't know what an any fill in block is.
>>
>> Look at this web page:
>>
>> http://primalforums.forumotion.com/login
>>
>> If I click in "username", I get about 10 suggestions.
> 
> 
> For that you would go to Options > Privacy & Security > Saved Logins and 
> delete all the Username/Password combinations you don't want. 
> Preferences > Privacy & Security on Linux.
> 
> Unless you have 10 users using the same browser profile and 10 different 
> logins to that site. One for each user.
> 
> 
> 

That works.   Is there any way to get the previous behavior back
where I mouse over and press the delete key?
0
T
7/9/2018 10:53:16 PM
On 7/9/2018 3:53 PM, T wrote:
> On 07/09/2018 03:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 7/9/18 5:47 PM, T wrote:
>>> On 07/09/2018 02:38 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>> Don't know what an any fill in block is.
>>>
>>> Look at this web page:
>>>
>>> http://primalforums.forumotion.com/login
>>>
>>> If I click in "username", I get about 10 suggestions.
>>
>>
>> For that you would go to Options > Privacy & Security > Saved Logins 
>> and delete all the Username/Password combinations you don't want. 
>> Preferences > Privacy & Security on Linux.
>>
>> Unless you have 10 users using the same browser profile and 10 
>> different logins to that site. One for each user.
>>
>>
>>
> 
> That works.   Is there any way to get the previous behavior back
> where I mouse over and press the delete key?
don't use the mouse. use the cursor keys to highlight the erroneous 
entry and then delete.
0
eisneun
7/9/2018 11:15:15 PM
On 7/9/2018 3:53 PM, T wrote:
> On 07/09/2018 03:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 7/9/18 5:47 PM, T wrote:
>>> On 07/09/2018 02:38 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>> Don't know what an any fill in block is.
>>>
>>> Look at this web page:
>>>
>>> http://primalforums.forumotion.com/login
>>>
>>> If I click in "username", I get about 10 suggestions.
>>
>>
>> For that you would go to Options > Privacy & Security > Saved Logins 
>> and delete all the Username/Password combinations you don't want. 
>> Preferences > Privacy & Security on Linux.
>>
>> Unless you have 10 users using the same browser profile and 10 
>> different logins to that site. One for each user.
>>
>>
>>
> 
> That works.   Is there any way to get the previous behavior back
> where I mouse over and press the delete key?
don't use the mouse. use the cursor keys to highlight the erroneous 
entry and then delete.
0
eisneun
7/9/2018 11:16:02 PM
On 7/9/18 6:53 PM, T wrote:
> On 07/09/2018 03:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 7/9/18 5:47 PM, T wrote:
>>> On 07/09/2018 02:38 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>> Don't know what an any fill in block is.
>>>
>>> Look at this web page:
>>>
>>> http://primalforums.forumotion.com/login
>>>
>>> If I click in "username", I get about 10 suggestions.
>>
>>
>> For that you would go to Options > Privacy & Security > Saved Logins 
>> and delete all the Username/Password combinations you don't want. 
>> Preferences > Privacy & Security on Linux.
>>
>> Unless you have 10 users using the same browser profile and 10 
>> different logins to that site. One for each user.
>>
>>
>>
> 
> That works.   Is there any way to get the previous behavior back
> where I mouse over and press the delete key?

Never knew there was that previous behavior.

-- 
CPU: 3.2 Ghz AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 Processor
RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
7/9/2018 11:16:17 PM
On 7/9/2018 3:53 PM, T wrote:
> On 07/09/2018 03:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 7/9/18 5:47 PM, T wrote:
>>> On 07/09/2018 02:38 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>> Don't know what an any fill in block is.
>>>
>>> Look at this web page:
>>>
>>> http://primalforums.forumotion.com/login
>>>
>>> If I click in "username", I get about 10 suggestions.
>>
>>
>> For that you would go to Options > Privacy & Security > Saved Logins 
>> and delete all the Username/Password combinations you don't want. 
>> Preferences > Privacy & Security on Linux.
>>
>> Unless you have 10 users using the same browser profile and 10 
>> different logins to that site. One for each user.
>>
>>
>>
> 
> That works.   Is there any way to get the previous behavior back
> where I mouse over and press the delete key?don't use the mouse. use the cursor keys to highlight the erroneous 
entry and then delete.
0
eisneun
7/9/2018 11:31:47 PM
On 07/09/2018 04:15 PM, eisneun wrote:
> On 7/9/2018 3:53 PM, T wrote:
>> On 07/09/2018 03:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> On 7/9/18 5:47 PM, T wrote:
>>>> On 07/09/2018 02:38 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>>> Don't know what an any fill in block is.
>>>>
>>>> Look at this web page:
>>>>
>>>> http://primalforums.forumotion.com/login
>>>>
>>>> If I click in "username", I get about 10 suggestions.
>>>
>>>
>>> For that you would go to Options > Privacy & Security > Saved Logins =

>>> and delete all the Username/Password combinations you don't want.=20
>>> Preferences > Privacy & Security on Linux.
>>>
>>> Unless you have 10 users using the same browser profile and 10=20
>>> different logins to that site. One for each user.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> That works.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Is there any way to get the previous behavior =
back
>> where I mouse over and press the delete key?
> don't use the mouse. use the cursor keys to highlight the erroneous=20
> entry and then delete.


Awesome!  Thank you!

I wonder why the removed the mouse over?

0
T
7/9/2018 11:57:11 PM
In message 
<mailman.20.1531172402.17372.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, WaltS48 
<schw01@REMOVEverizon.net> writes:
>On 7/9/18 5:24 PM, T wrote:
>> On 07/09/2018 02:18 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
>>> T wrote:
>>>
>>>> FF 61.0
>>>>
>>>> I have noticed for a while now that when I click in a block and Firefox
>>>> drops down all its guesses as to what I want, I am unable to mouse over
>>>> the bad guesses and press delete to rig myself of them.
>>>>
>>>> Is there a fix or workaround for this?
>>>
>>> Who is supplying these guesses?� Google search; Bing; a login form 
>>>you  use
>>> regularly? Just one page, or all of 'em?� Details...
>>>
>>  Firefox is.� It happens in the address bar or any fill in block.
>
>Don't know what an any fill in block is.

On _any_ web page that has things you fill in (name, address, or 
whatever the boxes are on that page), Firefox remembers what you've 
previously typed into that box (I think you can tell it not to do this 
if you're paranoid). These appear as a drop-down list - often (always? 
I'm not sure) not until you start typing in the box; for example, if you 
type j, a drop-down containing things you've previously typed in that 
box that begin with J (such as John, in my case) appears; it filters as 
you type more characters. You can then select one, rather than typing it 
all - useful if it's long (like "Maidstone Road"). Unfortunately, it's 
easy to just accidentally add, say, just "j" or "ma" to the list (e. g. 
by pressing enter or tab before you've selected the right one from the 
list). I think it is these that T wanted to remove.
[]
(An answer - use cursor keys before delete - has been given [though T 
wants an option to use the mouse]; I've just added the above to clarify 
what he was asking about, in case it's useful to others reading.)
-- 
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Veni, Vidi, Vomit (I came, I saw, I was ill) - mik@saslimited.demon.co.uk, 1998
0
J
7/10/2018 12:14:40 PM
On 07/10/2018 05:14 AM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> [though T wants an option to use the mouse]

T would like to have the mouse option back, but is tickled to
have the arrow option working.  Happy camping has returned!
0
T
7/11/2018 1:17:28 AM
Reply: