How to clear cache on closing

I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other files
that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.

Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I start
a new, empty firefox each time?

tia,

John

0
John
6/13/2018 7:35:33 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24272 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

--------------1306DA1F176E9D0EB9531F5C

On 13/06/2018 20:35, John R. Sowden wrote:
> I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
> closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other
> files that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.
>
> Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I
> start a new, empty firefox each time?
>
> tia,
>
> John

Try this from the Official Document:

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache>

I do something similar and it works for me.

Good luck.

--------------1306DA1F176E9D0EB9531F5C

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:mailman.912.1528918566.2160.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org">I
      find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
      closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other
      files that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.
      Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I
      start a new, empty firefox each time?
      tia,
      John
    Try this from the Official Document:<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache">&lt;https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache&gt;</a><br>
    I do something similar and it works for me.<br>
    Good luck.<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------1306DA1F176E9D0EB9531F5C--
0
UTF
6/13/2018 7:47:34 PM
On 2018-06-13 15:35, John R. Sowden wrote:
> I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
> closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other files
> that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.
>
> Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I start
> a new, empty firefox each time?
>
> tia,
>
> John

Have you tried:

Options - Privacy - History - Never Remember...

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On 13-Jun-2018 15:35, John R. Sowden wrote:
> I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
> closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other files
> that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.
>
> Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I start
> a new, empty firefox each time?
>
> tia,
>
> John

In FF 60.0.2
Tools/options/Privacy & Security

check "Clear history when Firefox closes" and click on "Settings button"
and check whatever you want to delete.
0
EnDeeGee
6/13/2018 8:07:03 PM
Thanks.  I already did that, but I did not clear the selection under
data.  This time I did that, closed FF, waited a minute for the files to
write, then reopened it.  Under clear all data, it showed 19k of "cached
web content".  I closed it without deleting it, waited another minute,
reopened, went to to some random site, closed, re-opened, now it shows
873K of "cached web content". Interestingly, the "manage" data show zero
bytes stored, but the clear button showed the 873K.

On 06/13/2018 12:47 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 13/06/2018 20:35, John R. Sowden wrote:
>> I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
>> closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other
>> files that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.
>>
>> Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I
>> start a new, empty firefox each time?
>>
>> tia,
>>
>> John
>>

> Try this from the Official Document:
>
> <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache>
>
> I do something similar and it works for me.
>
> Good luck.
>

> --
> With over 600 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
> satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

John
6/13/2018 9:31:17 PM
John R. Sowden wrote:
> I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at closing, it seems
> that I can only clear caches, images, and other files that I have learned about, by
> manually performing this task.
>
> Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I start a new, empty
> firefox each time?
>
> tia,
>
> John

Answered by others already, however:
Do you need a disk cache?
If you are on a slow dial up modem, then maybe, otherwise probably not.
I have had disk cache set to zero for many years on all my comm programs.

0
Paul
6/13/2018 9:32:04 PM
John R. Sowden wrote:
> I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
> closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other files
> that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.
>
> Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I start
> a new, empty firefox each time?
>
> tia,
>
> John

For banking, shopping and other special browsing I use Epic.
0
Luis
6/13/2018 9:48:22 PM
On 13-Jun-2018 17:32, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> John R. Sowden wrote:
>> I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
>> closing, it seems
>> that I can only clear caches, images, and other files that I have
>> learned about, by
>> manually performing this task.
>>
>> Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I
>> start a new, empty
>> firefox each time?
>>
>> tia,
>>
>> John
>
> Answered by others already, however:
> Do you need a disk cache?
> If you are on a slow dial up modem, then maybe, otherwise probably not.
> I have had disk cache set to zero for many years on all my comm programs.

Use to be but there's no option in FF 60 to set the cache to "zero" must
be done in "about:config".
Set  "browser.cache.disk.enable" to false.
0
EnDeeGee
6/13/2018 10:07:42 PM
In message
<mailman.947.1528926535.2161.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Luis
<nospam@please.com> writes:
>John R. Sowden wrote:
>> I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
>>closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other
>>files  that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.
>>  Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I
>>start  a new, empty firefox each time?
>>  tia,
>>  John
>>
>For banking, shopping and other special browsing I use Epic.

What is Epic - another browser? A Firefox plug-in? A setting?

You know what the big secret about posh people is? Most of them are lovely.
- Richard Osman, RT 2016/7/9-15
J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

>> For banking, shopping and other special browsing I use Epic.
>
> What is Epic - another browser? A Firefox plug-in? A setting?

Epic is a derivative of Google Chrome, which promotes itself as being
privacy-enhanced.

Smith

0
NFN
6/14/2018 9:34:19 PM
In message
<mailman.928.1529012092.2160.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, NFN
Smith <worldoff9908@gmail.com> writes:
>J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>>>>
>>> For banking, shopping and other special browsing I use Epic.
>>  What is Epic - another browser? A Firefox plug-in? A setting?
>

>Epic is a derivative of Google Chrome, which promotes itself as being
>privacy-enhanced.
>
>Smith

Thanks.

Can you open your mind without it falling out?
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 12:35:33 -0700, "John R. Sowden"
<jsowden@americansentry.net> wrote:

>I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
>closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other files
>that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.
>
>Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I start
>a new, empty firefox each time?

I use the pro version of CCleaner which has the ability to clean
whatever browser storage you wish, automatically, whenever the browser
is closed.

I take advantage of this feature to make it easier to bypass the
paywalls of numerous news sites; New York Times, Washington Post, etc.
Close the browser, it is automatically cleaned, reopen the browser and
I am good to go until I read x number of articles.
0
Lab
6/14/2018 10:09:02 PM
On 6/14/2018 6:09 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 12:35:33 -0700, "John R. Sowden"
> <jsowden@americansentry.net> wrote:
>
>> I find that even though I automatically clear cookies and history at
>> closing, it seems that I can only clear caches, images, and other files
>> that I have learned about, by manually performing this task.
>>
>> Is there a way for this to be done automatically at closing, so I start
>> a new, empty firefox each time?
>>

> I use the pro version of CCleaner which has the ability to clean
> whatever browser storage you wish, automatically, whenever the browser
> is closed.
>
> I take advantage of this feature to make it easier to bypass the
> paywalls of numerous news sites; New York Times, Washington Post, etc.
> Close the browser, it is automatically cleaned, reopen the browser and
> I am good to go until I read x number of articles.

Another way of doing this is to open the site you want in a new private
window.

Also...there is an extension I use for my ESR Firefox 52.8.1
called..."remove cookies for site"  An easy right click cleans its
cookies immediately..
0
responder