How do I get rid of Mozilla ads in Firefox?

Running Firefox 57.0.4 under Windows 7 64-bit.  Many times when I create
a new tab (which for me is a blank page), a long thin ad pops up at the
bottom of the page, all of them by Mozilla.  For example, the one that
just popped up says "Customize.  Create.  Explore.  We've got themes
galore" which has a link that points to a themes page on
addons.mozilla.org.  Another one says "A healthy Internet is a vital
resource like fresh water, public education or reruns of The Simpsons.
Discover how to be a better Internet Citizen at the Mozilla blog" which
has a link pointing to blog.mozilla.org.  I get these ads frequently.
How can I stop them from appearing?  Thanks.
0
Rav
1/5/2018 2:36:33 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24251 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

On 1/5/2018 9:36 AM, Rav wrote:
> Running Firefox 57.0.4 under Windows 7 64-bit.  Many times when I create
> a new tab (which for me is a blank page), a long thin ad pops up at the
> bottom of the page, all of them by Mozilla.  For example, the one that
> just popped up says "Customize.  Create.  Explore.  We've got themes
> galore" which has a link that points to a themes page on
> addons.mozilla.org.  Another one says "A healthy Internet is a vital
> resource like fresh water, public education or reruns of The Simpsons.
> Discover how to be a better Internet Citizen at the Mozilla blog" which
> has a link pointing to blog.mozilla.org.  I get these ads frequently.
> How can I stop them from appearing?  Thanks.

PS:  I get the ads in safe mode (add-ons disabled) too.
0
Rav
1/5/2018 2:41:13 PM
On 05/01/2018 14:41, Rav wrote:
> On 1/5/2018 9:36 AM, Rav wrote:
>> Running Firefox 57.0.4 under Windows 7 64-bit.  Many times when I
>> create a new tab (which for me is a blank page), a long thin ad pops
>> up at the bottom of the page, all of them by Mozilla.  For example,
>> the one that just popped up says "Customize.  Create.  Explore.  We've
>> got themes galore" which has a link that points to a themes page on
>> addons.mozilla.org.  Another one says "A healthy Internet is a vital
>> resource like fresh water, public education or reruns of The Simpsons.
>> Discover how to be a better Internet Citizen at the Mozilla blog"
>> which has a link pointing to blog.mozilla.org.  I get these ads
>> frequently. How can I stop them from appearing?  Thanks.
>
> PS:  I get the ads in safe mode (add-ons disabled) too.

In a new tab, click on the cog wheel at the top right and deselect
Snippets and Highlights
Brian
0
Brian
1/5/2018 2:47:19 PM
On 05/01/2018 14:41, Rav wrote:
> On 1/5/2018 9:36 AM, Rav wrote:
>> Running Firefox 57.0.4 under Windows 7 64-bit.  Many times when I
>> create a new tab (which for me is a blank page), a long thin ad pops
>> up at the bottom of the page, all of them by Mozilla.  For example,
>> the one that just popped up says "Customize.  Create.  Explore.  We've
>> got themes galore" which has a link that points to a themes page on
>> addons.mozilla.org.  Another one says "A healthy Internet is a vital
>> resource like fresh water, public education or reruns of The Simpsons.
>> Discover how to be a better Internet Citizen at the Mozilla blog"
>> which has a link pointing to blog.mozilla.org.  I get these ads
>> frequently. How can I stop them from appearing?  Thanks.
>
> PS:  I get the ads in safe mode (add-ons disabled) too.

In a new tab, click on the cog wheel at the top right and deselect
Snippets and Highlights
Brian
0
Brian

On 1/5/2018 9:47 AM, Brian wrote:
> On 05/01/2018 14:41, Rav wrote:
>> On 1/5/2018 9:36 AM, Rav wrote:
>>> Running Firefox 57.0.4 under Windows 7 64-bit.  Many times when I
>>> create a new tab (which for me is a blank page), a long thin ad pops
>>> up at the bottom of the page, all of them by Mozilla.  For example,
>>> the one that just popped up says "Customize.  Create.  Explore.
>>> We've got themes galore" which has a link that points to a themes
>>> page on addons.mozilla.org.  Another one says "A healthy Internet is
>>> a vital resource like fresh water, public education or reruns of The
>>> Simpsons. Discover how to be a better Internet Citizen at the Mozilla
>>> blog" which has a link pointing to blog.mozilla.org.  I get these ads
>>> frequently. How can I stop them from appearing?  Thanks.
>>
>> PS:  I get the ads in safe mode (add-ons disabled) too.
>
> In a new tab, click on the cog wheel at the top right and deselect
> Snippets and Highlights
> Brian

Thanks!
0
Rav
1/5/2018 2:53:34 PM
On 5/1/2018 22:36, Rav wrote:
> Running Firefox 57.0.4 under Windows 7 64-bit.  Many times when I create
> a new tab (which for me is a blank page), a long thin ad pops up at the
> bottom of the page, all of them by Mozilla.  For example, the one that
> just popped up says "Customize.  Create.  Explore.  We've got themes
> galore" which has a link that points to a themes page on
> addons.mozilla.org.  Another one says "A healthy Internet is a vital
> resource like fresh water, public education or reruns of The Simpsons.
> Discover how to be a better Internet Citizen at the Mozilla blog" which
> has a link pointing to blog.mozilla.org.  I get these ads frequently.
> How can I stop them from appearing?  Thanks.

uBlock Origin?

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!
On 05/01/2018 15:36, Rav wrote:
> Running Firefox 57.0.4 under Windows 7 64-bit.  Many times when I create
> a new tab (which for me is a blank page), a long thin ad pops up at the
> bottom of the page, all of them by Mozilla.  For example, the one that
> just popped up says "Customize.  Create.  Explore.  We've got themes
> galore" which has a link that points to a themes page on
> addons.mozilla.org.  Another one says "A healthy Internet is a vital
> resource like fresh water, public education or reruns of The Simpsons.
> Discover how to be a better Internet Citizen at the Mozilla blog" which
> has a link pointing to blog.mozilla.org.  I get these ads frequently.
> How can I stop them from appearing?  Thanks.

Hmm. This is not a solution (which has been suggested already), just an
observation.

What you are asking for is the equivalent of walking into a (physical)
Mall and requesting that all the self-publicity of the Mall be removed
from your field of vision. Tad on the fussy side, IMO.
0
kes