How do I get Disqus back?

Some of the websites I visit use Disqus to host discussions but I
haven't been able to see Disqus for days now. If I restart with add-ons
stopped, I can see Disqus just fine so it would appear that one of my
add-ons is the culprit.

I've been unable to determine which of my five add-ons is the culprit
though:
- AdBlock 3.8.0
- Avast Online Security
- OneTab
- Simple Tab Groups
- Video Download Helper

If I restart in "regular" mode and disable all five add-ons, Disqus is
gone again. Shouldn't that be functionally the same as being in safe
mode? After all, safe mode is just disabling all the add-ons isn't it?

Anyway, I turned them all off and lost Disqus. Turning them all on, one
at a time, in the order I listed, and refreshing my page each time, did
not bring Disqus back.

So what do I need to do to get Disqus to come back? There has to be a
better option that restarting in safe mode just to view those websites.

I'm running Firefox 57.0.3 (64-bit) on Windows 10 (version 1709).
0
Rhino
1/3/2018 11:03:56 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24169 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

In message
<mailman.554.1515020666.2364.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> writes:
>Some of the websites I visit use Disqus to host discussions but I
>haven't been able to see Disqus for days now. If I restart with add-ons
>stopped, I can see Disqus just fine so it would appear that one of my
>add-ons is the culprit.
[]
Have you got IFRAMEs blocked in some way? I did, and something like
Disqus - can't remember what it was - didn't work, but in a way that was
confusing, in that (IIRR) I just couldn't see it, so I wasn't aware
something was missing. Only by looking in another browser (I think) did
I realise something wasn't there on pages I expected it to be.

(Sorry, I can't remember where my IFRAME control was/is! It's definitely
something to do with the browser, though.)

She looked like the kind of girl who was poured into her clothes and forgot to
say when - Wodehouse
On 1/4/2018 04:29, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> In message
> <mailman.554.1515020666.2364.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> writes:
>> Some of the websites I visit use Disqus to host discussions but I
>> haven't been able to see Disqus for days now. If I restart with
>> add-ons stopped, I can see Disqus just fine so it would appear that
>> one of my add-ons is the culprit.
> []
> Have you got IFRAMEs blocked in some way? I did, and something like
> Disqus - can't remember what it was - didn't work, but in a way that was
> confusing, in that (IIRR) I just couldn't see it, so I wasn't aware
> something was missing. Only by looking in another browser (I think) did
> I realise something wasn't there on pages I expected it to be.

> (Sorry, I can't remember where my IFRAME control was/is! It's definitely
> something to do with the browser, though.)

Rhino, do you use NoScript?

I just recalled that one of the options under Embeddings is a tickbox
for IFrames.  Maybe unticking it will solve your problem?

P.S. I have the same issue and will see if that is, in fact, the solution.

--
Revvie Quar

Gryphons *RAWK!*
"I don't do drugs.  I am drugs" - Salvador Dali
0
Revvie
1/4/2018 11:16:15 PM
On 2018-01-04 6:16 PM, Revvie Quar wrote:
> On 1/4/2018 04:29, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> In message
>> <mailman.554.1515020666.2364.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> writes:
>>> Some of the websites I visit use Disqus to host discussions but I
>>> haven't been able to see Disqus for days now. If I restart with
>>> add-ons stopped, I can see Disqus just fine so it would appear that
>>> one of my add-ons is the culprit.
>> []
>> Have you got IFRAMEs blocked in some way? I did, and something like
>> Disqus - can't remember what it was - didn't work, but in a way that
>> was confusing, in that (IIRR) I just couldn't see it, so I wasn't
>> aware something was missing. Only by looking in another browser (I
>> think) did I realise something wasn't there on pages I expected it to be.
>
>> (Sorry, I can't remember where my IFRAME control was/is! It's
>> definitely something to do with the browser, though.)
>
> Rhino, do you use NoScript?
>
> I just recalled that one of the options under Embeddings is a tickbox
> for IFrames.  Maybe unticking it will solve your problem?
>
> P.S. I have the same issue and will see if that is, in fact, the solution.

I eventually solved the problem after posting. I deleted all my add-ons,
then installed just two so far:
- Ad Blocker Ultimate (instead of Ad Blocker for Firefox)
- Simple Tab Groups

Everything is working fine now.

--
Rhino
0
On 1/4/2018 17:56, Rhino wrote:
> On 2018-01-04 6:16 PM, Revvie Quar wrote:
>> On 1/4/2018 04:29, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>>> In message
>>> <mailman.554.1515020666.2364.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
>>> []
>>> Have you got IFRAMEs blocked in some way? I did, and something like
>>> Disqus - can't remember what it was - didn't work, but in a way that
>>> was confusing, in that (IIRR) I just couldn't see it, so I wasn't
>>> aware something was missing. Only by looking in another browser (I
>>> think) did I realise something wasn't there on pages I expected it to
>>> be.
>>
>>> (Sorry, I can't remember where my IFRAME control was/is! It's
>>> definitely something to do with the browser, though.)

>> Rhino, do you use NoScript?
>>
>> I just recalled that one of the options under Embeddings is a tickbox
>> for IFrames.  Maybe unticking it will solve your problem?
>>
>> P.S. I have the same issue and will see if that is, in fact, the
>> solution.
>>
> I eventually solved the problem after posting. I deleted all my add-ons,
> then installed just two so far:
> - Ad Blocker Ultimate (instead of Ad Blocker for Firefox)
> - Simple Tab Groups
>
> Everything is working fine now.

Ah, glad to see that.

Forget what I said anyway, it referred to IFrames on Untrusted sites, so
duh me.  Not the answer, obviously.