How did I step on self using TWO firefox windows?

Windows-7 Home Premium
Updates current.
Scenario:

My 20 year old custom, frequently updated, very busy... default home page is FRAMES with header, content and main.

1) Launch FF 50.1.0
Click link to XM-Radio player;
     launch a favorite show, in new tab.

Default target for 'contents' frame is _blank, but new tab

2)  File / New FF Window
     launches 2nd FF window for me to do my work while listening to radio.

In the new, 2nd window, I finally clicked a link with default target = main (frame)

The link launched into the 1st (first) FF window and used my currently playing radio, TAB!

I think it should have launched into my busy 2nd window, main frame. or anywhere respective of the 2nd window in which I
am busy being productive.

Why did it go harass the original FF window?

Carl

0
king
1/10/2017 12:54:44 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 23785 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

--------------050209000406090005050201

On 10/01/2017 00:54, king daddy 2 wrote:
> Windows-7 Home Premium
> Updates current.
> Scenario:
>
> My 20 year old custom, frequently updated, very busy... default home
> page is FRAMES with header, content and main.
>
> 1) Launch FF 50.1.0
> Click link to XM-Radio player;
>     launch a favorite show, in new tab.
>
> Default target for 'contents' frame is _blank, but new tab
>
> 2)  File / New FF Window
>     launches 2nd FF window for me to do my work while listening to radio.
>
> In the new, 2nd window, I finally clicked a link with default target =
> main (frame)
>
> The link launched into the 1st (first) FF window and used my currently
> playing radio, TAB!
>
> I think it should have launched into my busy 2nd window, main frame.
> or anywhere respective of the 2nd window in which I am busy being
> productive.
>
> Why did it go harass the original FF window?
>
> Carl

You need to ask in HTML forums or newsgroups.  I suggest DW forum at
this link (free account required to post):

<https://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/content>

They will need to see your code as clearly you have mishandled the
code.  Also, they will suggest that you stop using frames as there are
better ways of doing this.  Frames are deprecated and not many people
use it and some browsers have stopped supporting them.

--

If you want to filter all of my posts then please read this article:
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters>

With over 400 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------050209000406090005050201

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:mailman.1234.1484009717.19729.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">Windows-7 Home Premium
[...]
        account required to post):<br>
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/content">&lt;https://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/content&gt;</a><br>
        They will need to see your code as clearly you have mishandled
        the code.  Also, they will suggest that you stop using frames as
        there are better ways of doing this.  Frames are deprecated and
        not many people use it and some browsers have stopped supporting
        them.<br>
        If you want to filter all of my posts then please read this
        article:<br>
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters">&lt;https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters&gt;</a><br>
        In step 7 select "Delete"<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 400 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------050209000406090005050201--
0
Good
1/10/2017 8:09:39 PM
  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.1331.1484079012.19728.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
        wrote:<br>
cite="mid:mailman.1234.1484009717.19729.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
        type="cite">Windows-7 Home Premium <br>
        Updates current. <br>
        Scenario: <br>
        My 20 year old custom, frequently updated, very busy... default
        home page is FRAMES with header, content and main. <br>
        1) Launch FF 50.1.0 <br>
        Click link to XM-Radio player; <br>
            launch a favorite show, in new tab. <br>
        Default target for 'contents' frame is _blank, but new tab <br>
        2)  File / New FF Window <br>
            launches 2nd FF window for me to do my work while listening
        to radio. <br>
        In the new, 2nd window, I finally clicked a link with default
        target = main (frame) <br>
        The link launched into the 1st (first) FF window and used my
        currently playing radio, TAB! <br>
        I think it should have launched into my busy 2nd window, main
        frame. or anywhere respective of the 2nd window in which I am
        busy being productive. <br>
        Why did it go harass the original FF window? <br>
        Carl <br>
          forums or newsgroups.  I suggest DW forum at this link (free
          account required to post):<br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
            href="https://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/content">&lt;https://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/content&gt;</a><br>
          They will need to see your code as clearly you have mishandled
          the code.  Also, they will suggest that you stop using frames
          as there are better ways of doing this.  Frames are deprecated
          and not many people use it and some browsers have stopped
          supporting them.<br>
          article:<br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters">&lt;https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters&gt;</a><br>
          In step 7 select "Delete"<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 400 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>
    Thanks for that, and yes, I think I missed a little detail and
    stepped on self!  I have always been the "weak link" in my
    endeavors.<br>
      can offer, there is NOTHING that does some of what I do with
      frames.  ...and it was a tough learning curve!  I started with
      Front Page 95, and went to Dream Weaver for awhile.  They are
      different animals, each with a useful difference.  Every time I
      tried to get help in a forum or newsgroup, I got my ears burned
      and I was strongly insulted.  Maybe I embarrassed them because
      they could not help me.<br>
      One of the main attributes I prefer, ...is in the quick
      click-response versus java script and other software tricks.<br>
      I also admit that for the <i>business world's web pages</i>,
      advanced frames usage is troublesome and worthless! ...but I am
      not doing business pages. or even a slide show.  These are totally
      personal pages and sometimes awkward for those who have no
      experience with them, and a distinctly different style for
      different intentions, and image or movie clips delivery.<br>
      <a
        href="http://rnc3.net/greenway/neuse/upper_neuse/upper_index.html">Sample
        1<br>
      </a><br>