them, or what else can I do?  Thanks.
0
Rav
11/14/2017 9:33:10 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23941 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 2017-11-14 16:33, Rav <PaulR@cais.com> wrote:

> Using Firefox 57.0 (64-bit) under Windows 7.  I have Block pop-up
> windows turned on, and tracking protection turned on (always).  I have
> the Adblock and Privacy Badger extensions.  And yet recently I'm getting
> more "Turn off your ad blocker" popups, such as at cnn.com and
> weather.com.  Is there something I can configure in Adblock to stop
> them, or what else can I do?  Thanks.

You could install Violent Monkey (or Tamper Monkey,) and then install
this script:

https://gitlab.com/xuhaiyang1234/AAK-Cont
https://xuhaiyang1234.gitlab.io/AAK-Cont/

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
oO-( )-Oo  Dynamic Linking Error - Your mistake is now in every file.

0
B00ze
11/15/2017 2:08:52 AM
On 11/14/17 4:33 PM, Rav wrote:
> Using Firefox 57.0 (64-bit) under Windows 7.  I have Block pop-up
> windows turned on, and tracking protection turned on (always).  I have
> the Adblock and Privacy Badger extensions.  And yet recently I'm getting
> more "Turn off your ad blocker" popups, such as at cnn.com and
> weather.com.  Is there something I can configure in Adblock to stop
> them, or what else can I do?  Thanks.

Enable Tracking Protection > Always in Privacy and Security. That did it
for me.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
11/15/2017 2:42:54 AM
On 11/14/2017 9:42 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/14/17 4:33 PM, Rav wrote:
>> Using Firefox 57.0 (64-bit) under Windows 7.  I have Block pop-up
>> windows turned on, and tracking protection turned on (always).  I have
>> the Adblock and Privacy Badger extensions.  And yet recently I'm
>> getting more "Turn off your ad blocker" popups, such as at cnn.com and
>> weather.com.  Is there something I can configure in Adblock to stop
>> them, or what else can I do?  Thanks.
>

> Enable Tracking Protection > Always in Privacy and Security. That did it
> for me.

Thanks, but I already have that setting set to Always and unfortunately
the popups continue.
0
Rav
11/15/2017 12:29:21 PM
On 11/15/17 7:29 AM, Rav wrote:
> On 11/14/2017 9:42 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 11/14/17 4:33 PM, Rav wrote:
>>> Using Firefox 57.0 (64-bit) under Windows 7.  I have Block pop-up
>>> windows turned on, and tracking protection turned on (always).  I
>>> have the Adblock and Privacy Badger extensions.  And yet recently I'm
>>> getting more "Turn off your ad blocker" popups, such as at cnn.com
>>> and weather.com.  Is there something I can configure in Adblock to
>>> stop them, or what else can I do?  Thanks.
>>

>> Enable Tracking Protection > Always in Privacy and Security. That did
>> it for me.
>>

> Thanks, but I already have that setting set to Always and unfortunately
> the popups continue.

Do you have the Strict or Basic block list selected. I use Strict.

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
11/15/2017 12:39:11 PM
On 11/15/17 7:29 AM, Rav wrote:
> On 11/14/2017 9:42 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 11/14/17 4:33 PM, Rav wrote:
>>> Using Firefox 57.0 (64-bit) under Windows 7.  I have Block pop-up
>>> windows turned on, and tracking protection turned on (always).  I
>>> have the Adblock and Privacy Badger extensions.  And yet recently I'm
>>> getting more "Turn off your ad blocker" popups, such as at cnn.com
>>> and weather.com.  Is there something I can configure in Adblock to
>>> stop them, or what else can I do?  Thanks.
>>

>> Enable Tracking Protection > Always in Privacy and Security. That did
>> it for me.
>>

> Thanks, but I already have that setting set to Always and unfortunately
> the popups continue.

I forgot to ask.

Did you turn off your ad blocker? With Tracking Protection enabled in
57.0 it isn't needed for most sites.

See <https://blog.zgp.org/time-saving-tip-for-firefox-57/> and click the
link in the first sentence for other useful tips.

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
11/15/2017 12:52:55 PM
On 11/15/2017 7:39 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/15/17 7:29 AM, Rav wrote:
>>>

>>> Enable Tracking Protection > Always in Privacy and Security. That did
>>> it for me.
>>>

>> Thanks, but I already have that setting set to Always and
>> unfortunately the popups continue.
>
> Do you have the Strict or Basic block list selected. I use Strict.

Hmmm!  I changed it to strict and, so far, the popups have stopped.
Hopefully it will stay that way.  Thanks!
0
Rav
11/15/2017 1:12:21 PM
On 11/15/2017 7:52 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 11/15/17 7:29 AM, Rav wrote:
>>>

>>> Enable Tracking Protection > Always in Privacy and Security. That did
>>> it for me.
>>>

>> Thanks, but I already have that setting set to Always and
>> unfortunately the popups continue.
>
> I forgot to ask.
>
> Did you turn off your ad blocker? With Tracking Protection enabled in
> 57.0 it isn't needed for most sites.
>
> See <https://blog.zgp.org/time-saving-tip-for-firefox-57/> and click the
> link in the first sentence for other useful tips.

Do you mean turn off Adblock, or turn off Privacy Badger?  I thought it
was Privacy Badger that did tracking protection.  Thanks.
0
Rav
11/15/2017 1:13:21 PM
On 11/15/2017 8:12 AM, Rav wrote:
> On 11/15/2017 7:39 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Thanks, but I already have that setting set to Always and
>>> unfortunately the popups continue.
>>
>> Do you have the Strict or Basic block list selected. I use Strict.
>>

> Hmmm!  I changed it to strict and, so far, the popups have stopped.
> Hopefully it will stay that way.  Thanks!

Spoke too soon.  Weather.com just gave me another "Turn off your ad
blocker" popup.  Sigh.
0
Rav
11/15/2017 1:24:42 PM
On 11/15/17 8:13 AM, Rav wrote:
> On 11/15/2017 7:52 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Thanks, but I already have that setting set to Always and
>>> unfortunately the popups continue.
>>
>> I forgot to ask.
>>
>> Did you turn off your ad blocker? With Tracking Protection enabled in
>> 57.0 it isn't needed for most sites.
>>
>> See <https://blog.zgp.org/time-saving-tip-for-firefox-57/> and click
>> the link in the first sentence for other useful tips.
>>

> Do you mean turn off Adblock, or turn off Privacy Badger?  I thought it
> was Privacy Badger that did tracking protection.  Thanks.

I use uBlock Origin and have it turned off for weather.com. Also running
with Privacy Badger disabled as an experiment.

--
Less than three months until Valentine's Day
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
11/15/2017 1:31:58 PM
On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 1:34:02 PM UTC-8, Rav wrote:
> Using Firefox 57.0 (64-bit) under Windows 7.  I have Block pop-up=20
> windows turned on, and tracking protection turned on (always).  I have=20
> the Adblock and Privacy Badger extensions.  And yet recently I'm getting=
=20
> more "Turn off your ad blocker" popups, such as at cnn.com and=20
> weather.com.  Is there something I can configure in Adblock to stop=20
> them, or what else can I do?  Thanks.

With Ublock Origin I use the element picker to block pop ups like that, fla=
shy animated bars, etc. It doesn't work permanently everywhere, though. Som=
e sites prevent you from doing that by using randomly generated throwaway n=
ames each time instead of a single consistent one.
0
Greg