Has Browser history tracking moved elsewhere than

Greetings,

We currently run Firefox ESR 52.8.0 (64-bit) via UbuntuZilla.

We do weekly backups of our Mozilla profiles.

Before doing said backup, we purge various caches and temporary data.

It used to be that both bookmarks and browser page visit history was stored in places.sqlite.

Lately we have noticed that we loose our browse page visit history after doing said weekly Mozilla profile backup. Yet our bookmarks remain intact. All of the bookmark custom icons are lost, Most
Visited tool bar ends up blank, rather than showing popular browsed URL's.

Has Mozilla silently yet again relocated where specifically visited page history gets stored?

I am thankful,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems