Groups? Multiple tabs?

Before switching to Firefox I used an app called NetCaptor. Very good
tab-based browser based on IE.

One of the best features about it was called "Captor Groups" which allowed
you to open a group of tabs with different URLs all at once. For example,
say I have a group called Group1 that contained:
a.com
b.org
c.com
etc...

With a shortcut to the group I could open it with one click. I could also
open the group thru the menu and I could have access to the group members
via the menu.

Does such a thing exist in FireFox? Help turned up nothing. Is there an
extension perhaps?

TIA.... Bob

0
Bob
1/12/2006 6:15:42 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24082 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

Bob Bailey wrote:
> Before switching to Firefox I used an app called NetCaptor. Very good
> tab-based browser based on IE.
>
> One of the best features about it was called "Captor Groups" which allowed
> you to open a group of tabs with different URLs all at once. For example,
> say I have a group called Group1 that contained:
> a.com
> b.org
> c.com
> etc...
>
> With a shortcut to the group I could open it with one click. I could also
> open the group thru the menu and I could have access to the group members
> via the menu.
>
> Does such a thing exist in FireFox? Help turned up nothing. Is there an
> extension perhaps?
>
> TIA.... Bob

Open the group of tabs you want to save. Click Bookmarks>>Bookmark all
tabs.

You can then open the tab group from a bookmark.  If you save this tab
group to your Bookmarks Toolbar Folder, you can have it display for one
click opening on the Bookmarks Toolbar.

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Bob Bailey wrote:
>> Before switching to Firefox I used an app called NetCaptor. Very good
>> tab-based browser based on IE.
>>
>> One of the best features about it was called "Captor Groups" which
>> allowed you to open a group of tabs with different URLs all at once.
>> For example, say I have a group called Group1 that contained:
>> a.com
>> b.org
>> c.com
>> etc...
>>
>> With a shortcut to the group I could open it with one click. I could
>> also open the group thru the menu and I could have access to the group
>> members via the menu.
>>
>> Does such a thing exist in FireFox? Help turned up nothing. Is there
>> an extension perhaps?
>>
>> TIA.... Bob
>>

> Open the group of tabs you want to save. Click Bookmarks>>Bookmark all
> tabs.
>
> You can then open the tab group from a bookmark.  If you save this tab
> group to your Bookmarks Toolbar Folder, you can have it display for one
> click opening on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
>
> Lee

or by right clicking the folder where the bookmarks are saved...
0
David
1/12/2006 6:14:21 PM
David Barrera wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Bob Bailey wrote:
>>> Before switching to Firefox I used an app called NetCaptor. Very good
>>> tab-based browser based on IE.
>>>
>>> One of the best features about it was called "Captor Groups" which
>>> allowed you to open a group of tabs with different URLs all at once.
>>> For example, say I have a group called Group1 that contained:
>>> a.com
>>> b.org
>>> c.com
>>> etc...
>>>
>>> With a shortcut to the group I could open it with one click. I could
>>> also open the group thru the menu and I could have access to the
>>> group members via the menu.
>>>
>>> Does such a thing exist in FireFox? Help turned up nothing. Is there
>>> an extension perhaps?
>>>
>>> TIA.... Bob
>>>

>> Open the group of tabs you want to save. Click Bookmarks>>Bookmark all
>> tabs.
>>
>> You can then open the tab group from a bookmark.  If you save this tab
>> group to your Bookmarks Toolbar Folder, you can have it display for
>> one click opening on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
>>
>> Lee
>>
> or by right clicking the folder where the bookmarks are saved...

sorry, middle-clicking...

--
David Barrera - http://djmafia.netfirms.com
-------------------------------

Firefox: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=60837&t=85
Thunderbird:
David
1/12/2006 6:16:37 PM
David Barrera wrote:
> David Barrera wrote:

>>> Open the group of tabs you want to save. Click Bookmarks>>Bookmark
>>> all tabs.
>>>
>>> You can then open the tab group from a bookmark.  If you save this
>>> tab group to your Bookmarks Toolbar Folder, you can have it display
>>> for one click opening on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>
>> or by right clicking the folder where the bookmarks are saved...
>

> sorry, middle-clicking...

boy, does it.
I have folders full of bookmarks across my personal toolbar. Every now
and then, when closing tabs, I miss and middle click one of the folders.
~75 tabs opening all at once... oops!
0
clay
1/12/2006 6:27:06 PM
clay wrote:
> David Barrera wrote:
>> David Barrera wrote:

>>> or by right clicking the folder where the bookmarks are saved...
>>

>> sorry, middle-clicking...
>>
> boy, does it.
> I have folders full of bookmarks across my personal toolbar. Every now
> and then, when closing tabs, I miss and middle click one of the folders.
> ~75 tabs opening all at once... oops!

damn! It happened to me once... now I'm very careful which button I
click and where I click it... my mouse seems to be my personal gun.. lol...

--
David Barrera - http://djmafia.netfirms.com
-------------------------------
"Ever been close to happiness,
  but so far away from a smile?"

Firefox: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=60837&t=85
Thunderbird:
David
1/12/2006 6:51:03 PM
Hello All

One nice feature that could be incorporated into firefox to give it a little
extra is something to the effect of "research groups".  I have an issue to
where I will be conducting research for a project and a higher priority
project comes on my desk.  I need to change focus in my research of a while.
I have a few options, open a new window for the new research or continue
adding tabs to current window.

There are many things that Fire fox can do to really make it THE premier
browser.  Using a "research groups" or "tab groups" you can give it a topic.
For example, you could label one, "Research Project #1", "Research Project
#2".  You could have the tabs for both projects open at one time or only the
tabs for one open.  This can create many options for the end user.  For
example, you can associate a rating system to pages within a tab group.  So
when you come back to a tab group two weeks later, you remember what where
the most relevant pages to that "research".  Also, it would be easy to
incorporate notes section for pages within a tab group.

If a product came out with these types of solutions,  I would with out a
doubt switch to that product in an instant.

--

"Bob Bailey" <ebiz@usa.net> wrote in message
> Before switching to Firefox I used an app called NetCaptor. Very good
> tab-based browser based on IE.
>
> One of the best features about it was called "Captor Groups" which allowed
> you to open a group of tabs with different URLs all at once. For example,
> say I have a group called Group1 that contained:
> a.com
> b.org
> c.com
> etc...
>
> With a shortcut to the group I could open it with one click. I could also
> open the group thru the menu and I could have access to the group members
> via the menu.
>
> Does such a thing exist in FireFox? Help turned up nothing. Is there an
> extension perhaps?
>
> TIA.... Bob

0
STEVEN
1/11/2007 5:38:09 PM
STEVEN JANSICK wrote:
> Hello All
>
> One nice feature that could be incorporated into firefox to give it a little
> extra is something to the effect of "research groups".  I have an issue to
> where I will be conducting research for a project and a higher priority
> project comes on my desk.  I need to change focus in my research of a while.
> I have a few options, open a new window for the new research or continue
> adding tabs to current window.
>
> There are many things that Fire fox can do to really make it THE premier
> browser.  Using a "research groups" or "tab groups" you can give it a topic.
> For example, you could label one, "Research Project #1", "Research Project
> #2".  You could have the tabs for both projects open at one time or only the
> tabs for one open.  This can create many options for the end user.  For
> example, you can associate a rating system to pages within a tab group.  So
> when you come back to a tab group two weeks later, you remember what where
> the most relevant pages to that "research".  Also, it would be easy to
> incorporate notes section for pages within a tab group.
>
> If a product came out with these types of solutions,  I would with out a
> doubt switch to that product in an instant.
>
> --

FF sucks on this department, but you can bookmark the group to tabs, by
clicking on Bookmarks, Bookmark All Tabs.  OR right click and select
Bookmark All Tabs.

The problem with this is it puts all the tabs under a new folder.

However, in SeaMonkey, when you bookmark all tabs, it creates one little
bookmark, so when you click on it, all the tabs will open at once.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Peter_Potamus_Show.html
http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s_search=Potamus&Button_Update=Search&show_id=2778

Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  Thanks
0
Peter
1/11/2007 6:15:19 PM
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> STEVEN JANSICK wrote:
>> Hello All
>>
>> One nice feature that could be incorporated into firefox to give it a
>> little extra is something to the effect of "research groups".  I have
>> an issue to where I will be conducting research for a project and a
>> higher priority project comes on my desk.  I need to change focus in
>> my research of a while. I have a few options, open a new window for
>> the new research or continue adding tabs to current window.
>>
>> There are many things that Fire fox can do to really make it THE
>> premier browser.  Using a "research groups" or "tab groups" you can
>> give it a topic. For example, you could label one, "Research Project
>> #1", "Research Project #2".  You could have the tabs for both projects
>> open at one time or only the tabs for one open.  This can create many
>> options for the end user.  For example, you can associate a rating
>> system to pages within a tab group.  So when you come back to a tab
>> group two weeks later, you remember what where the most relevant pages
>> to that "research".  Also, it would be easy to incorporate notes
>> section for pages within a tab group.
>>
>> If a product came out with these types of solutions,  I would with out
>> a doubt switch to that product in an instant.
>>
>> --
>>

> FF sucks on this department, but you can bookmark the group to tabs, by
> clicking on Bookmarks, Bookmark All Tabs.  OR right click and select
> Bookmark All Tabs.
>
> The problem with this is it puts all the tabs under a new folder.
>
> However, in SeaMonkey, when you bookmark all tabs, it creates one little
> bookmark, so when you click on it, all the tabs will open at once.

You do know that you can open all the tabs in that folder as a group,
right?  It shows up as the last entry in that folder in bookmarks.
Which means that FF's method of bookmarking a group of tabs means you
can easily open the whole bunch, or open a single tab from within that
group.

--
Andy Luddy
Perform appendectomy to reply
Andy Luddy wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> STEVEN JANSICK wrote:
>>> Hello All
>>>
>>> One nice feature that could be incorporated into firefox to give it a
>>> little extra is something to the effect of "research groups".  I have
>>> an issue to where I will be conducting research for a project and a
>>> higher priority project comes on my desk.  I need to change focus in
>>> my research of a while. I have a few options, open a new window for
>>> the new research or continue adding tabs to current window.
>>>
>>> There are many things that Fire fox can do to really make it THE
>>> premier browser.  Using a "research groups" or "tab groups" you can
>>> give it a topic. For example, you could label one, "Research Project
>>> #1", "Research Project #2".  You could have the tabs for both
>>> projects open at one time or only the tabs for one open.  This can
>>> create many options for the end user.  For example, you can associate
>>> a rating system to pages within a tab group.  So when you come back
>>> to a tab group two weeks later, you remember what where the most
>>> relevant pages to that "research".  Also, it would be easy to
>>> incorporate notes section for pages within a tab group.
>>>
>>> If a product came out with these types of solutions,  I would with
>>> out a doubt switch to that product in an instant.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> FF sucks on this department, but you can bookmark the group to tabs,
>> by clicking on Bookmarks, Bookmark All Tabs.  OR right click and
>> select Bookmark All Tabs.
>>
>> The problem with this is it puts all the tabs under a new folder.
>>
>> However, in SeaMonkey, when you bookmark all tabs, it creates one
>> little bookmark, so when you click on it, all the tabs will open at once.
>>

> You do know that you can open all the tabs in that folder as a group,
> right?  It shows up as the last entry in that folder in bookmarks. Which
> means that FF's method of bookmarking a group of tabs means you can
> easily open the whole bunch, or open a single tab from within that group.

you know, I looked right at it and it never registered.  So, now FF tabs
is better because you can either open them singly or in a group.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Peter_Potamus_Show.html
http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s_search=Potamus&Button_Update=Search&show_id=2778

Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  Thanks
0
Peter
1/11/2007 9:11:06 PM
Andy Luddy wrote:

> You do know that you can open all the tabs in that folder as a group,
> right?  It shows up as the last entry in that folder in bookmarks...

Or, middle click the folder to open all in tabs.

--
100% money back guarantee!
If at any time you are dissatisfied with the performance of your Mozilla

Why not save and restore tabs from multiple windows?(Firefox 2 and 3 beta) + tab grouping
Name: László Püsök Email: placi3atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Why not save and restore tabs from multiple windows?(Firefox 2 and 3 beta) + tab grouping Comments: It recently happened to me that I closed Firefox with a few tabs open, expecting them to be restored next time I run it. I haven't noticed that in the backround there was a still running Firefox pop-up (Terms and conditions of a site). Closing that too, next time only one page was restored, not the pages I actually wanted. This is true in the case when you are using two windows ...

Could Future Firefox Support Multiple Tabbed Home Pages?
Please could future versions of Firefox support Multiple Tabbed Home Pages on startup. via Tools>Options>Home Page i.e When I start up firefox I like to see my 3 favourite sites. IE7 have just added this functionality and it is useful. Thanks for your help. On 21/06/06 19:34, Jason Scribbled: > Please could future versions of Firefox support Multiple Tabbed Home > Pages on startup. > via Tools>Options>Home Page > > i.e When I start up firefox I like to see my 3 favourite sites. > > IE7 have just added this functionality and it is usefu...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

Tabs not Saved on Closing Firefox with Multiple Tabs and Download Window Open
Name: Ian Wilson Email: IanABWilsonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tabs not Saved on Closing Firefox with Multiple Tabs and Download Window Open Comments: System: PC running Windows Vista Normal Firefox operation is on closing a window with multiple tabs the software asks if the user just wants to quit or save the tabs. However, when a download is made from the web, a 'download window' which is a popup pseudo window is opened and may be minimised. Now on closing a window with multiple tabs the software will just check if the user wishes to quit. The sa...

Firefox tab groups
Name: Matt Lakin Email: mlakinatbyerdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox tab groups Comments: I love Firefox, even if it eats all my memory! I have a million tabs open all the time, because I'll find a page I want to view or keep open for reference...so my computer ends up running slow because of all the tabs open in Firefox. What I would like to see, is some kind of way I can mark a bunch of open tabs together, for example 5 tabs that I opened regarding one topic, then save that group of tabs under one name and close them, and be able to open all those tabs aga...

multiple tabs groups
Name: Harald E. R. Boetz Email: herboetzathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: multiple tabs groups Comments: Hi, The new multi tab function in Mozilla Firefox is very handy indeed! I suggest also the possibility to store and recall more than one group of tabs up to e.g. 10 tab groups with different names, for later use. Store / Recall Tab Groups Tab group (name 1) Tab group (name 2) Tab group (name 3) Tab group (name 4) etc...... ..... with date & time info of the last update of each tab group. Thank you in advance, sincerely, Harald Boetz [N...

In Win7, IE opens multiple preview pane when there are multiple tabs. When will Firefox do this
Name: Harry Geist Email: hgeistatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: In Win7, IE opens multiple preview pane when there are multiple tabs. When will Firefox do this Comments: In Windows 7, when there are multiple tabs open in Internet Explorer 8, pointing at the icon in the Taskbar opens a separate preview pane for each tab, so I can preview each tab and then click on the one I want to open. Right now, Firefox does not offer this capability; point at the Firefox icon and a single preview pane appears, whether I have one tab or many available (unless I have multiple FF windo...

Starting up Firefox with multiple tabs saved, multiple prompts for proxy password and master password occur
Name: Pavel Tcholakov Email: pcholakovatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Starting up Firefox with multiple tabs saved, multiple prompts for proxy password and master password occur Comments: If using a proxy that requires a password, when Firefox is started and multiple tabs have been saved from a prevoius session, there will be multiple proxy password dialogs popped up. If a Master Password is used, there will also be multiple password dialgos for that - one per tab saved from the previous session. Firefox should only prompt for a password once, globally, not once per t...

Tabs / Tab Groups
I'm currently using Mozilla public 1.7 Is there a way of changing the text displayed on tabs? Currently it appears that the tab label is the <TITLE> def fromthe HTML page. Example why I require this:- I have a tab group defined that loads 4 pages of BBC News. Problem at the moment is each tab has a caption that begins BBC NEWS | etc, which sometimes takes all the space for the text. Changing the individual text for the bookmark has no effect, as if it is fixed to the HTML <TITLE> tag. Any ideas? Dave On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 11:18:25 GMT, davep@NOSPAMukonline...

Firefox Support Group Not Populating
Up until a few days ago I did not subscribe to Mozilla.General group -- only mozilla.support.thunderbird and mozilla.support.firefox. I added mozilla.general and found mozilla.support.firefox no longer populated when I started Thunderbird. Mozilla.support.thunderbird as well as mozilla.general did. Only firefox did not. The adding of mozilla.general may well be just coincidental. Do I need to do something special to get the firefox group to populate automatically upon Thunderbird start? Thank you On 03/17/2012 10:12 AM, JJG wrote: > Up until a few days ago I did not s...

Save multiple tabs or groups?
FF 11.0 Is there a way to save multiple related tabs at one time? Preferably in on= e group to be all opened all at once. I am a new user to grouping and that= would be ideal if we could save the group. I see usually (BUT not always)= any tabs groups will reopen when I start FF but need to be sure. Usually = is not good enough though. Thanks... Bob On 12-03-26 4:00 PM, Bob Newman wrote: > FF 11.0 Is there a way to save multiple related tabs at one time? > Preferably in one group to be all opened all at once. I am a new > user to grouping and that would be ideal if ...

Firefox view multiple tabs at once
Name: c k Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox view multiple tabs at once Comments: Cant seem to view multiple tabs side by side with-in the same instance of firefox. IE 7 can. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox hangs: multiple tabs
Name: Richard Helps Email: richard_helpsatbyudotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox hangs: multiple tabs Comments: Macbook OS X 10.5.7: Firefox 3.5b99 (see below) Reading nytimes, about four tabs open. Clicked on a "slide show" and got "spinning wait." Cursor, mouse and OS still active but Firefox completely unresponsive. Could not ESCape or close Firefox. After about two minutes used "Force Quit". On re-booting all tabs restored including the one that triggered the crash. Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b99) ...

Web resources about - Groups? Multiple tabs? - mozilla.support.firefox

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Sydney Trains missed multiple chances to avoid Edgecliff derailment, says ATSB report
... has highlighted concerns about a focus on a &quot;can-do culture&quot; rather than safety. Sydney Trains staff and senior managers missed multiple ...

Apple Looks to Bring Multiple Colors to 3-D Printing with Patent Filing
... filed by Geoffrey Stall and Howard Miller , and assigned to Apple, is dated December 3rd, and it focuses on the problem of bringing multiple ...

Meet the man who made "multiple six figures" in 5 days — playing daily fantasy sports
In the world of daily fantasy sports, there are two types of games: cash games and tournaments. Cash games can be head-to-head against one person, ...

Multiple McDonald’s Locations Forced To Close After Prank Callers Convince Workers To Test Fire System ...
When I think of prank calls, I conjure up images of teenage girls huddled around their clear plastic phones, calling boys in their class and ...

Multiple Victims In San Bernadino Mass Shooting; 1-3 Shooters Sought
When is it enough to actually do something? Fuck the NRA. Fuck the Republican party and the right wing hate machine. Those Syrian refugees might ...

The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they suspended Jahlil Okafor—he of the multiple fights outside
The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they suspended Jahlil Okafor—he of the multiple fights outside of bars and one of their only competent ...

Bluestacks now runs multiple Android apps on Windows simultaneously
Bluestacks has come a long way since its original app player in 2011, which was notable for being one of the first methods for running Android ...

Chinese Investors Value Manchester City At Higher Multiple Than Manchester United
Chinese Investors Value Manchester City At Higher Multiple Than Manchester United

Ohio Teen convicted for multiple swatting attempts
A Painesville, Ohio teen has been sentenced to five years in a juvenile correctional facility this week for calling in multiple fake emergencies ...