Google.com as home page

For many years I have used Google.com as my home page in Firefox.
Lately Firefox has been stalling a couple seconds as it tries to access
a site.  When these stalls occur it seems that a URl with google in the
name.  Googleanalytics, is being accessed.

Is anyone else experiencing this stall.

I have changed my home page to the Firefox home page and it seems I do
not see this several second stall on google URL's
0
Keith
7/13/2018 12:08:01 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On 13-Jul-2018 08:08, Keith Nuttle wrote:
> For many years I have used Google.com as my home page in Firefox. Lately
> Firefox has been stalling a couple seconds as it tries to access a
> site.  When these stalls occur it seems that a URl with google in the
> name.  Googleanalytics, is being accessed.
>

> Is anyone else experiencing this stall.
>

> I have changed my home page to the Firefox home page and it seems I do
> not see this several second stall on google URL's

You can try Google Analytics Blocker and see if it makes a difference.

https://github.com/davidpob99/webextensions

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ybeze2tr
0
EnDeeGee
7/13/2018 12:21:54 PM
On 07/13/2018 08:21 AM, EnDeeGee wrote:
> On 13-Jul-2018 08:08, Keith Nuttle wrote:
>> For many years I have used Google.com as my home page in Firefox. Lately
>> Firefox has been stalling a couple seconds as it tries to access a
>> site.  When these stalls occur it seems that a URl with google in the
>> name.  Googleanalytics, is being accessed.
>>

>> Is anyone else experiencing this stall.
>>

>> I have changed my home page to the Firefox home page and it seems I do
>> not see this several second stall on google URL's
>

> You can try Google Analytics Blocker and see if it makes a difference.
>
> https://github.com/davidpob99/webextensions
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/ybeze2tr
Interesting.  Github readme tells you its in web extensions with a link.
  But the link doesn't take you to the extension, just the generic
extension page.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-analytics-blocker/
If anyone wants to get there faster.

0
Big
7/13/2018 1:39:11 PM
In message
<mailman.124.1531483714.17372.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Keith
Nuttle <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>For many years I have used Google.com as my home page in Firefox.

For many years I've used https://www.google.co.uk/advanced_search?hl=en
as mine (I'm sure there's a google.com one too); as well as giving me
the extra boxes if I want them (I can just use the top one as if it was
normal google if I want, and I often indeed just do that), I have the
_feeling_ it loads faster most of the time.

>Lately Firefox has been stalling a couple seconds as it tries to access
>a site.  When these stalls occur it seems that a URl with google in the
>name.  Googleanalytics, is being accessed.
>

>Is anyone else experiencing this stall.
>

>I have changed my home page to the Firefox home page and it seems I do
>not see this several second stall on google URL's

Many people block that site in their hosts file.

..... the greatest musical festival in the world that doesn't involve mud.
- Eddie Mair, RT 2014/8/16-22