Google Search #3

How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved? I want to continue to save my history, but not the searches. Thank you.
mozilla.support.firefox 24256 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

On 2018-01-06 19:10, c.dreiblatt@verizon.net wrote:
> How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved? I want to continue to save my history, but not the searches. Thank you.

The only way I know is to delete those entries in the History. Firefox
saves all items you click on. But you can delete only groups of items,
eg, items saved in the last hour, two hours etc.

History - Clear Recent History - select the time-frame for deletion. You
have to activate the Menu bar to get to the History.

Not that it matters. Google saves your searches anyhow. If you want to
reduce the tracing of your searches, use duckduckgo.com

Good luck,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

> How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved?

Gugle Datatheft Inc. is a criminal organization. Use startpage.com
;-)

Yrrah

0
Yrrah
1/8/2018 8:12:33 PM
On 18-01-08 21:12:33, Yrrah wrote:
>c.dreiblatt@verizon.net:
>
>> How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved?
>
>Gugle Datatheft Inc. is a criminal organization. Use startpage.com
>;-)
>
>Yrrah

I kind of like the idea behind StartPage but at the same time if you use
Google you are feeding the beast, no matter how obscured your searches
are.
0
Ben
1/8/2018 10:00:04 PM
On 1/6/18 7:10 PM, c.dreiblatt@verizon.net wrote:
> How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved? I want to continue to save my history, but not the searches. Thank you.

So what version of Firefox are you using? The crystal ball is in the
shop again.

With Firefox 57.0, users can click the Library icon in the toolbar,
select History, find a Google search result, right click on it and
select the "Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.

Users can also select the Sidebar, select an item from Today or whatever
history that contains a search result, find a result, right click on it
and select the "Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.

Users can enter Customize and move the History icon to a toolbar, select
it, then select a search result, and right click on it and select the
"Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.

All methods will remove all search results from History.

0
WaltS48
--------------BBDE49B8A21E0EF58A7E9604

On 07/01/2018 00:10, c.dreiblatt@verizon.net wrote:
> How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved? I want to continue to save my history, but not the searches. Thank you.

Two ways:

1) Delete cookies manually after every search or at least once a day;
2) Clear history when Firefox closes;

There is no other way I can think of.

It is tempting to set FF NOT to accept any cookies but this is going to
impact on your other sites that requires cookies to store info for
better performance.

You have to understand that Cookies are here and almost all sites these
days are using Cookies especially those that are using CMS or bespoke
Apps created for them like Amazon, Google etc etc.

--------------BBDE49B8A21E0EF58A7E9604

  <head>
  </head>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:c.dreiblatt@verizon.net">c.dreiblatt@verizon.net</a> wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:mailman.657.1515296879.2364.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org">
      <pre wrap="">How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved? I want to continue to save my history, but not the searches. Thank you.
</pre>
    Two ways:<br>
    1) Delete cookies manually after every search or at least once a
    day;<br>
    2) Clear history when Firefox closes;<br>
    There is no other way I can think of.<br>
    It is tempting to set FF NOT to accept any cookies but this is going
    to impact on your other sites that requires cookies to store info
    for better performance.<br>
    You have to understand that Cookies are here and almost all sites
    these days are using Cookies especially those that are using CMS or
    bespoke Apps created for them like Amazon, Google etc etc.<br>
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>

--------------BBDE49B8A21E0EF58A7E9604--
0
Good
1/8/2018 10:33:54 PM
On 2018-01-08 17:32, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 1/6/18 7:10 PM, c.dreiblatt@verizon.net wrote:
>> How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved? I want
>> to continue to save my history, but not the searches. Thank you.
>

> So what version of Firefox are you using? The crystal ball is in the
> shop again.
>
> With Firefox 57.0, users can click the Library icon in the toolbar,
> select History, find a Google search result, right click on it and
> select the "Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.
[...]

Thanks for this. :-)

I'd noticed the History icon in the Customize window, but ignored it. I
thought it would behave the same as the History on the Menu bar.

I'd rant about bad design here, but I'd better not. :-)

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 5:33:07 PM UTC-5, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 1/6/18 7:10 PM, c.dreiblatt@verizon.net wrote:
> > How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved? I want =
to continue to save my history, but not the searches. Thank you.
>=20
>=20
> So what version of Firefox are you using? The crystal ball is in the=20
> shop again.
>=20
> With Firefox 57.0, users can click the Library icon in the toolbar,=20
> select History, find a Google search result, right click on it and=20
> select the "Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.
>=20
> Users can also select the Sidebar, select an item from Today or whatever=
=20
> history that contains a search result, find a result, right click on it=
=20
> and select the "Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.
>=20
> Users can enter Customize and move the History icon to a toolbar, select=
=20
> it, then select a search result, and right click on it and select the=20
> "Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.
>=20
> All methods will remove all search results from History.

Thank you for your reply. I am using Firefox 57.04. Sorry I did not mention=
 it before.=20

What is the difference between Forget About this Site and Delete? I have of=
ten deleted items in History but I did not know that deleting an item that =
I had actually searched for removed the search question as well. Or does on=
ly Forget About this Site delete the search question?
On 1/11/18 11:13 AM, c.dreiblatt@verizon.net wrote:
> On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 5:33:07 PM UTC-5, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 1/6/18 7:10 PM, c.dreiblatt@verizon.net wrote:
>>> How can I change the rules so my Google searches are not saved? I want to continue to save my history, but not the searches. Thank you.
>>
>> So what version of Firefox are you using? The crystal ball is in the
>> shop again.
>>
>> With Firefox 57.0, users can click the Library icon in the toolbar,
>> select History, find a Google search result, right click on it and
>> select the "Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.
>>
>> Users can also select the Sidebar, select an item from Today or whatever
>> history that contains a search result, find a result, right click on it
>> and select the "Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.
>>
>> Users can enter Customize and move the History icon to a toolbar, select
>> it, then select a search result, and right click on it and select the
>> "Forget About This Site" menu item from the context menu.
>>
>> All methods will remove all search results from History.
> Thank you for your reply. I am using Firefox 57.04. Sorry I did not mention it before.
>
> What is the difference between Forget About this Site and Delete? I have often deleted items in History but I did not know that deleting an item that I had actually searched for removed the search question as well. Or does only Forget About this Site delete the search question?

See
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox

0
WaltS48