Google News Very Slow - Firefox 61.01

Using 64bit FF 61.01 in Windows 7.

Running FF in standard and safe mode, Google News loads very, very
slowly.  When opening in Chrome, the site loads 2- 3 times as fast.

Any suggestions for resolving this?
0
Lab
7/6/2018 7:04:14 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24309 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Lab Lover wrote:
> Using 64bit FF 61.01 in Windows 7.
>
> Running FF in standard and safe mode, Google News loads very, very
> slowly.  When opening in Chrome, the site loads 2- 3 times as fast.
>
> Any suggestions for resolving this?
Running XPh and XPpro, I've noticed this increasingly with google news,
both in FF and SM, for a very long time. Like you, the only browser that
seems to deal with the site efficiently is Chrome. I used to think it
was because I was using XP, but you get it with W7. Must be the browser,
not the OS.
0
null
7/7/2018 1:01:13 AM
On 2018-07-06 3:04 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
> Using 64bit FF 61.01 in Windows 7.
>
> Running FF in standard and safe mode, Google News loads very, very
> slowly.  When opening in Chrome, the site loads 2- 3 times as fast.
>
> Any suggestions for resolving this?

I use it every day and haven't experienced any issues. Try something
simple, like clearing your cache and cookies.
For instructions, see
<https://support.mozilla.org/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox>.

If the problem still occurs, we'll need some more info about your
Firefox setup. Click the menu button, then click the Help icon [?] at
the bottom of the menu, and select Troubleshooting Information, then
click [Copy text to Clipboard]. Open a reply to this post, and go to
Edit-->Paste to paste the info from your Troubleshooting Information page.

--
<http://ilias.ca/links>
Chris