Getting Rid Of Yellow Band Saying Page Slow In Responding - How ?

I am on a relatively slow ADSL connection, not fibre. Firefox  annoys me
sometimes with popups in yellow saying the page is taking a long while
to display and do I want to wait etc.

Is their a way to disable this "feature" ?

Michael.
0
michael
6/3/2018 6:28:59 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

On 06/03/2018 02:28 PM, michael wrote:
> I am on a relatively slow ADSL connection, not fibre. Firefox  annoys me
> sometimes with popups in yellow saying the page is taking a long while
> to display and do I want to wait etc.
>
> Is their a way to disable this "feature" ?
>
> Michael.

I just locked at about:config and searched for things like 'connection'
and 'timeout' and found a few settings.   network.http ....  etc.

I have no ideas other than just try a few.  You can always reset them.

0
Big
6/3/2018 7:34:03 PM
In message
<mailman.659.1528054540.2160.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, Big Al
<BigAl@invalid.com> writes:
>On 06/03/2018 02:28 PM, michael wrote:
>> I am on a relatively slow ADSL connection, not fibre. Firefox´┐Ż annoys
>>me  sometimes with popups in yellow saying the page is taking a long
>>while  to display and do I want to wait etc.
>>  Is their a way to disable this "feature" ?
>>  Michael.

Ideally, if the wait could be adjusted, rather than the feature turned
off altogether ...

>I just locked at about:config and searched for things like 'connection'
>and 'timeout' and found a few settings.   network.http ....  etc.
>
>I have no ideas other than just try a few.  You can always reset them.

..... which "timeout" sounds likely for.

If something works, thank an engineer. (Reported seen on a bumper sticker.)
*-* On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, at 19:28:59 +0100,
*-* In Article
<mailman.681.1528050571.2161.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
*-* michael wrote
*-* About Getting Rid Of Yellow Band Saying Page Slow In Responding -
How ?

> I am on a relatively slow ADSL connection, not fibre. Firefox annoys
> me sometimes with popups in yellow saying the page is taking a long
> while to display and do I want to wait etc.

> Is their a way to disable this "feature" ?

      If that's the "A script on this page ..." popup then it's
controlled by the "dom.max_script_run_time" preference.

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Dom.max_script_run_time>

Before you make any changes to that preference you should make sure
you read the "Recommended settings" section of that page.  As J. P.
Gilliver has suggested adjusting (extending) the time limit would be
a better idea than disabling it.

                                         Ken Whiton
--
     FIDO: 1:132/152
Ken
On 04/06/2018 08:40, Ken Whiton wrote:
> *-* On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, at 19:28:59 +0100,
> *-* In Article
> <mailman.681.1528050571.2161.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
> *-* michael wrote
> *-* About Getting Rid Of Yellow Band Saying Page Slow In Responding - How ?
>
>> I am on a relatively slow ADSL connection, not fibre. Firefox annoys
>> me sometimes with popups in yellow saying the page is taking a long
>> while to display and do I want to wait etc.
>
>> Is their a way to disable this "feature" ?
>
>       If that's the "A script on this page ..." popup then it's
> controlled by the "dom.max_script_run_time" preference.
>
> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Dom.max_script_run_time>
>
> Before you make any changes to that preference you should make sure
> you read the "Recommended settings" section of that page.  As J. P.
> Gilliver has suggested adjusting (extending) the time limit would be
> a better idea than disabling it.
>
>                                          Ken Whiton

No its nothing to do with "A script on this page" message which I used
to get with the ESR release. What I am experiencing is a yellow band at
the top of the open window which says something like this "page is
taking time to load do you want to stop it or wait". The message often
disappears on its own because the page subsequently loads OK within a
short time.

I thank people who have suggested I try altering settings in
about:config but with no definitive answer  I will stick with the
message  or move browser if the symptoms persist.

Michael
0
michael