Getting Cookies to Persist in Ffx 57

Win32 7 Pro SP1 / Ffx 57.0

I am trying to get some cookies to persist in Ffx, such as those for busine=
ss sites I login to everyday so that I do not have to keep re-entering some=
 things. (This is a personal choice which I acknowledge not everyone will a=
gree with.) By default, I have Ffx set so that most new cookies are deleted=
 when I close the application. I originally (i.e., under earlier versions o=
f Ffx) got some cookies to persist across closes and opens. However, no mat=
ter what I do, I cannot get all the cookies I want to persist. Tools > Opti=
ons > Privacy & Security, using both Exceptions... and Show Cookies..., doe=
s not help. For the life of me, I cannot get the cookies I want to stick ar=
ound. Suggestions? Workarounds? Thx.
0
slyphnoyde
12/3/2017 8:06:14 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24017 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

slyphnoyde wrote:

> For the life of me, I cannot get the cookies I want to stick around. Suggestions?

I used to have the Cookies Manager+ add-on for that, but it hasn't and
never will be webextensionified, so at the moment I'm using this

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/a-cookie-manager>

but it's not as polished
0
Andy
12/4/2017 10:29:52 AM
On 12/4/2017 5:29 AM, Andy Burns wrote:
> slyphnoyde wrote:
>
>> For the life of me, I cannot get the cookies I want to stick around.
>> Suggestions?
>
> I used to have the Cookies Manager+ add-on for that, but it hasn't and
> never will be webextensionified, so at the moment I'm using this
>
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/a-cookie-manager>
>
> but it's not as polished
Do you have FF to clear cookies on exit?
Tool; Options; Privacy & Security; Clear History; Settings
0
Keith
12/4/2017 12:40:14 PM
In general I have Ffx clear cache but not cookies as such on exit under tho=
se settings you mention. However, some cookies are cleared, which I general=
ly don't care about, and some are not. As before, there are some cookies I =
want to stick around and some I don't. On a number of websites I set things=
 for in earlier versions, cookies are persisting, a behavior I intend and w=
ant. I just can't make them stay for other, newer sites. Ffx is my main bro=
wser, but I don't find it entirely intuitive, and I have not always found a=
nswers in the Help system.
0
slyphnoyde