Firefox won't load, won't open web pages

I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently.  Now here is what's
happening:  Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages.

Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting
module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db.

There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft.
0
Linda

_Linda Amar_ spoke thusly on 02/06/2006 8:17 PM:
> I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently.  Now here is what's
> happening:  Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages.
>
> Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting
> module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db.

> There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft.

What operating system?
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

> I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently.  Now here is what's
> happening:  Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages.
>
> Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting
> module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db.

> There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft.

click this Google search link and read some of the pages there - may
help you out!

reg

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22msctf.dll%22
0
squaredancer

Firefox won't open and doesn't respond
Name: Victoria S Email: emitoriaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox won't open and doesn't respond Comments: I downloaded Firefox Beta version. Whenever I try to open Firefox, it does not open. I know I did not uninstall it, or move the program file, but after one time when I had several tabs open, Firefox continued to not respond, and eventually, I had to turn it off. However the nest time I tried to open Firefox, it did not open. No dialog box confirming error, or crash Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; e...

Firefox won't load; can't get it to work!
Name: Robbie Email: torocityatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't load; can't get it to work! Comments: I'm running Windows 7, and I can't get Firefox 3.6 to work. I get the following message when I try to run it: We're sorry. Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts. To help us diagnose and fix the problem, you can send us a crash report. I've tried to reinstall, to run in Safe Mode, and to do the dozens of things suggested on the Internet, but I can't run Firefo...

Gmail won't load, Reader won't open new tabs
I'm running FF 2.0 on an Intel Mac (10.4.8) with all security and java updates installed. I cannot load into GMail - when I try, the statusbar shows all the data has been transfered and reads done, while the window reads the proper "Gmail - Inbox (x)." I run several Google-related add-ons, including CustomizeGoogle, the Google Toolbar, and GMail skins. I also run NoScript and AdBlock Plus. Google is allowed in the former, and whitelisted in the latter. When I forbid google from running scripts, I can access basic view. This problem *does not happen* in Safari or Shiira - ...

Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!
I keep getting messages such as these: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum c= onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re= duce the number of cached connections. Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM= TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one = of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s= o there is no way...

External links won't open if Firefox isn't running
When Firefox is not running and I click on a link in an email or on my desktop or quicklaunch toolbar, Firefox will open, but the tab is blank--it does not open the web page associated with the link. What setting must I change or what fix is there so this works like Firefox 2.0 did? On Jan 26, 10:31=A0pm, dan...@charter.net wrote: > When Firefox is not running and I click on a link in an email or on my > desktop or quicklaunch toolbar, Firefox will open, but the tab is > blank--it does not open the web page associated with the link. What > setting must I change or what fi...

Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back
Name: Jean Everett Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back Comments: Not sure if I'm sending this to the right place, but all other options were far too confusing and time-consuming for me to work with (I'm a botanist, not a computer (insert polite word for geek). I maintain very simple Netscape Composer webpages for the courses I teach (here's one: http://www.cofc.edu/~everettj/BIOL301.html. The image banners at the top often don't display in Firefox. I can get them in Internet Explorer,...

1. pages sometimes won't load 2. flash video players won't work
Name: Emmanuel Amodeo Email: emmanueldotamodeoatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 1. pages sometimes won't load 2. flash video players won't work Comments: Hi, pages often won't finish loading. I have had this recurring problem with FF 3.5 ever since the official release of the program. A page will show that it is loading, and will not show anything onscreen until I chose to reload the page (select the adress in the adress bar and just press enter for reload). Once I tell the program to reload, it will show the page pretty much instantly. If I chose to let ...

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Firefox crashes on start
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've looked up and down google to try and find the answer to no avail. Suddenly, today, firefox stopped working. I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did the following: upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer optimization I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working fine before that. The first crash report I got referenced moveplayer@movenetworks.com. Since then, they've been different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing w...

Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin
Name: Scott Coppersmith Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin Comments: Firefox 3 beta 4 "forgets" that the flash plugin is installed and when it tries to autoinstall I get the error "install-977..rdf (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist" It started doing this with Beta 3 after I installed the DownloadHelper add-on. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Fast, but won't load some web pages..haven't tied Private Browsing though
Name: Tim Atwater Email: timatwateratfastimapdotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: Fast, but won't load some web pages..haven't tied Private Browsing though Comments: Seems especially incompatible with Yahoo pages for some reason. Looks promising though, as usual for Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them t...

won't close, then won't re-open
Name: Murray Product: Firefox Summary: won't close, then won't re-open Comments: For several weeks MF wouldn't completely close and was constantly running in the background, but then wouldn't reopen. I went online looking for a solution, but you don't have one. So. Bye bye. I'm done with you. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but ...

Firefox won't load gmail on the igoogle home page!!! (Firefox 6.0.8)
Hey, I've read the threads on clearing the cache etc.. for this problem, but this hasn't worked for me... i definitely have the cache selected, but this isn't working on the new version... Anyone have any ideas...? Thanks Adrian On Apr 4, 6:56=A0pm, "adrianml...@googlemail.com" <adrianml...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hey, > > I've read the threads on clearing the cache etc.. for this problem, > but this hasn't worked for me... =A0i definitely have the cache > selected, but this isn't working on the new version... >...

Apple's "One to One" page won't load in Firefox 3.5
Name: Jeff Joslin Email: joslindotjeffatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Apple's "One to One" page won't load in Firefox 3.5 Comments: I can't get on the Apple "one to one" page with the new 3.5 software update. Here is a link: http://onetoone.apple.com/WebObjects/RRSPortal.woa/wa/home Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide ...

Web resources about - Firefox won't load, won't open web pages - mozilla.support.firefox