Firefox windows plus mini internet window opens when opening firefox

When switching between open windows (using mouse function) I see the regula=
r firefox window as well as a mini internet window.  I can not click on the=
 mini window. This just started a few weeks ago.  It happens when using fir=
efox regular or private browsing. I want to make sure it is not a malware o=
r keystroke program loading.  AVG nor advanced systemcare show anything is =
wrong.  This does not happen using google chrome or IE9.  Any thoughts woul=
d be appreciated.  Thanks
0
pmb

On 12-08-03 12:55 PM, pmb wrote:
> When switching between open windows (using mouse function) I see the
> regular firefox window as well as a mini internet window.  I can not
> click on the mini window. This just started a few weeks ago.  It
> happens when using firefox regular or private browsing. I want to
> make sure it is not a malware or keystroke program loading.  AVG nor
> advanced systemcare show anything is wrong.  This does not happen
> using google chrome or IE9.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
> Thanks

If you go to Firefox-->Help-->Restart_with_Add-ons_Disabled, does the
problem still occur? If not, the cause is probably an extension. See
<http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-extensions-themes-to-fix-problems>.

If that doesn't work, we'll need some more info about your Firefox
setup. Go to Help-->Troubleshooting_Information, then click [Copy all to
Clipboard]. Open a reply to this post, and go to Edit-->Paste to paste
the info from your Troubleshooting Information page.

I think in a case like this, it would also be very useful to actually
see what you're talking about. If you can create a screenshot (see
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-create-screenshot-my-problem>)
and upload it to an image hosting site like Flickr, Photobucket, or
Picasaweb, that would help everyone know what you're referring to.  Or
you could post your question at
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions which includes the
functionality of add screenshots to your posts.

Lastly, instead of using multiple windows, you can try tabbed browsing.
For more info, visit
<http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tabs-organize-websites-single-window>.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris

Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

Tracking windows using |window.opener| in Firefox
Hello, In a Firefox extension, I'm trying to "track/supervise" which browser window was opened by which window. At the moment, I'm simply using, in a browser.xul overlay, the | window.opener| property. That works great, provided that the browser windows are opened via a menu, e.g. "File >> New Window" or right-click "Open in a new window". But if I click on a simple anchor like : <a href="..." target="_blank">Link</a> or even : <a href="#" onclick="window.open('example.com'...

Opening new Firefox Window in Windows 7
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Opening new Firefox Window in Windows 7 Comments: Note for future versions. In Windows 7 when all windows of Firefox are closed except the downloads window, you cannot open a new Firefox window by clicking on the quick launch icon. You either have to right click on it or go through the start menu. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provid...

firefox hangs on main window close if any other windows are open
Hi. I have the following problem. If I close main firefox window when any other firefox windows are open (popups, DownThemAll, Firebug, another Firefox window in non-single- window mode) all those windows become unresponsive, and firefox proccess just sits there eating 100% CPU until I kill it off. The same happens when Firefox tries to merge a full-fledged (non- popup) window into the main one in signle window mode (I use tab mix plus), presumably because it is closing that full window; popups without toolbars and stuff are merged correctly. I'm running 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP P...

How do I keep firefox from shutting down when I close a window, with other windows open?
I shut down a pop-up window, or an extra window I don't need, and firefox closes completely. The second time this happened, I got no warning, even though I have firefox set to ask about closing multiple tabs. what do I have to do to stop this from happening? ---> > I shut down a pop-up window, or an extra window I don't need, and > firefox closes completely. The second time this happened, I got no > warning, even though I have firefox set to ask about closing multiple > tabs. what do I have to do to stop this from happening? If you use the menu item File ->...

Firefox opens TWO windows when open a SWF movie
This started several releases back... I think about FF 16. When I create a flash file from camera AVI and MOV files, and test my output, I get the double windows. MSIE and Chrome are okay. Carl On 08/07/2013 04:18 AM, king-daddy wrote: > This started several releases back... I think about FF 16. > > When I create a flash file from camera AVI and MOV files, and test my > output, I get the double windows. MSIE and Chrome are okay. totally remove msie. then you only have firefox and chrome to deal with. ;=) seriously; what version of os? what rele...

[ReportBUG] Firefox's Windows are open underground firefox with a small splash (v3.5.8 Seven64)
Name: Toumini Email: touminihatyahoodotfr Product: Firefox Summary: [ReportBUG] Firefox's Windows are open underground firefox with a small splash (v3.5.8 Seven64) Comments: Object : [ReportBUG] Firefox's Windows are open underground firefox with a small splash (v3.5.8 Seven64) Context : After a update of firefox (3.5.7 to 3.5.8 using internal update),and the restart of firefox, when you want to look at About (for example, all windows do this, Downloads, etc), the associate window open underground firefox and it's not easy to see it, and to try to go to this w...

When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE!
When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? This bug needs to be fixed! -- "Jay" <jemontes48@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ZOSdnXsvzv8FzuXVnZ2dnUVZ_tbinZ2d@mozilla.org... > When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! > It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? > This bug needs to be fixed! Tools → Options → Tabs → Warn (me) when closing multiple tabs Tools → Options → Tabs → Always show the tab bar The second one will stop Firefox fro...

Every time I try to open firefox, it opens 150 windows!!!!
Name: suzanne hopkins Email: suzannehatmidriversdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Every time I try to open firefox, it opens 150 windows!!!! Comments: I can't use Firefox and I HATE that. Everytime I click on it, it opens hundreds of windows-- this just started happening. It has something to do with SWF. I can't stand Explorer!! HELP ME!! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ N...

When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well.
Name: Jean-Victor Côté Email: jean-vdotcoteatsympatico.ca Product: Firefox Summary: When I close a Firefox window, other Firefox windows sometimes close as well. Comments: It does not always happen, but it is as if all windows were tabs of the same window that closes without warning when a particular tab is closed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Firefox is delayed opening, fails to open sub-windows and is crashing
Name: Patrick Turner Email: pmturner1atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is delayed opening, fails to open sub-windows and is crashing Comments: Guys - please help. I have been using Firefox for years and something has gone terribly amiss. Sometimes when I open Firefox it takes forever to load, then when I try to create pages or click links that sprout sub pages it takes minutes to do so. Is there something going on that we should know about? I think it is my computer - but I simply cannot figure out what the problem is. I do not have any trouble wit...

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.
Name: Beli Cvet Email: belicvetathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. Comments: Quality control has slipped. Many people cannot run the browser at all because they haven't been able to solve the issue with Firefox becoming locked in the last several versions. BUT THEY HAVE ADDRESSED THE ISSUE in 2.0!!! How? Why they have updated the stupid error message! It used to say: "Firefox is already running, but is not re...

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system
Name: alex d Email: titer_23athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system Comments: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system........ I got rid of firefox more than a yeart ago because of this problem on another computer, now i try it again and still have this problem, firefox is getting worse , and IE is getting better.......

Web resources about - Firefox windows plus mini internet window opens when opening firefox - mozilla.support.firefox

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet ...

Internets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Internets ", also known as " The Internets ", is a Bushism -turned- catchphrase used humorously to portray the speaker as ignorant about the ...

Internet Evolution - The Macrosite for News, Analysis, and Opinion about the Future of the Internet
The next big leap forward in the history of the Internet is happening now: Internet Evolution (www.internetevolution.com) is a Web 2.0 online ...

Time is running out to upgrade or abandon Internet Explorer
Microsoft is scrapping security updates for older versions of Internet Explorer as it pushes PC owners towards Windows 10.

As well as closing US borders to Muslims, Donald Trump wants to talk to Bill Gates about 'closing up ...
... headlines, but Trump also wants to exert control over the technology we use every day. Specifically, he is interested in "closing up the internet ...

10 completely free Chrome hacks that will change the way you use the Internet
Last week, we told you about 10 free Chrome extensions that hack your browser in ways that could be game-changers for many users. We covered ...

More than 70% of internet traffic during peak hours now comes from video and music streaming
We're streaming more music and video than ever before. A whopping 70% of North American internet traffic in peak evening hours comes from streaming ...

Streaming Video Binges Now Take Up More Than 70% Of The (Prime-Time) Internet
... to turn on the TV while a Law and Order marathon was running. Now, however, it seems like basically everything streams to us over the internet… ...