Firefox versus Yahoo: Firefox is losing

The Yahoo groups section is home to hundreds of thousands of users.

The group has two methods to participate: as a list serve, or as an on-line
discussion group where posts are available for reading and archived.

These days you can tell who is using Firefox.  Virtually everyone posting
from Firefox browsers gets really screwed up page breaks when their post
goes up to the 'net.  IE users have good page break justification.

That's my beef.  No one seems to know what to do about it.

thanks
Greg N

0
nieman

nieman wrote, On 9/25/2006 12:33 PM:
> The Yahoo groups section is home to hundreds of thousands of users.

> The group has two methods to participate: as a list serve, or as an on-line
> discussion group where posts are available for reading and archived.
>
> These days you can tell who is using Firefox.  Virtually everyone posting
> from Firefox browsers gets really screwed up page breaks when their post
> goes up to the 'net.  IE users have good page break justification.

As a long time user of Yahoo groups, I'm confused: I can't ever recall
seeing a "page break" in an e-mail message...

Could you explain a bit more? Or provide a link to an image of what
you're seeing?
0
Ken
9/25/2006 8:31:29 PM
Ken Wagner wrote:
> nieman wrote, On 9/25/2006 12:33 PM:
>> The Yahoo groups section is home to hundreds of thousands of users.

>> The group has two methods to participate: as a list serve, or as an
>> on-line
>> discussion group where posts are available for reading and archived.
>>
>> These days you can tell who is using Firefox.  Virtually everyone posting
>> from Firefox browsers gets really screwed up page breaks when their post
>> goes up to the 'net.  IE users have good page break justification.
>
> As a long time user of Yahoo groups, I'm confused: I can't ever recall
> seeing a "page break" in an e-mail message...
>
> Could you explain a bit more? Or provide a link to an image of what
> you're seeing?

I suppose he means on the groups main page, where the archived messages
are kept.  I manage several such groups. I just checked a couple of my
groups, and the messages display perfectly in FF 1.5.0.7.

Of course, I have no idea in which browser they were created, and I
usually send to the lists from TB.  I just sent a test message, which
formatted perfectly.

I then sent two lengthy messages, one in the standard composer, and one
in their rich text beta editor, both of which came out fine. Composed in
FF, checked in FF, Safari, and IE on a windows machine.

I don't see anything like the problem the OP mentioned.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org