Firefox v55 is out.

Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox 
v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
-- 
"Since the world began, we have never exterminated. We probably shall 
never exterminate as much as one single insect species. If there was 
ever an example of an insect we cannot destroy, the fire ant is it." 
--an entomologist quote mentioned by Leonard Nimoy on In The Search Of: 
Deadly Ants (1978)
Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see 
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\         Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
   / /\ /\ \                Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
  | |o   o| |
     \ _ /        If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
      ( )               Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
0
Ant
8/8/2017 2:43:47 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23775 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

18 Replies
49 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox 
> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)

Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶

-- 
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
8/9/2017 1:02:19 PM
On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
>> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox 
>> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
> 
> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶
> 

Oh boy, what was the point release for?
0
TCW
8/9/2017 1:34:29 PM
On 8/9/17 9:34 AM, TCW wrote:
> On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
>>> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox 
>>> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
>>
>> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶
>>
> 
> Oh boy, what was the point release for?

No idea. We will have to check the Release Notes when it is out.

-- 
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
8/9/2017 2:38:56 PM
On 8/9/2017 7:38 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 8/9/17 9:34 AM, TCW wrote:
>> On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
>>>> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox
>>>> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
>>>
>>> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶
>>>
>>
>> Oh boy, what was the point release for?
>
> No idea. We will have to check the Release Notes when it is out.

Probably bug fixes. ;)
-- 
"Ah. Those club kids did eat those ants up like popcorn." --CSI: Miami 
(Wannabe episode; #218)
Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see 
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\         Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
   / /\ /\ \                Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
  | |o   o| |
     \ _ /        If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
      ( )               Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
0
Ant
8/9/2017 4:05:52 PM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090402040803030708000902
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 09/08/2017 14:34, TCW wrote:
> On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
>>> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox 
>>> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
>>
>> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶
>>
>
> Oh boy, what was the point release for?

To keep developers busy.  They are doing it as a hobby so they like to 
spend as much time as possible on it.

However, any upgrades is always appreciated.



-- 
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

--------------090402040803030708000902
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#F9F7ED" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 09/08/2017 14:34, TCW wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:mailman.1799.1502286204.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
      <br>
      <blockquote type="cite">On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
        <br>
        <blockquote type="cite">Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a
          few minutes ago with Firefox v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
          <br>
        </blockquote>
        <br>
        Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶
        <br>
        <br>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      Oh boy, what was the point release for?
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    To keep developers busy.  They are doing it as a hobby so they like
    to spend as much time as possible on it.<br>
    <br>
    However, any upgrades is always appreciated.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <div class="moz-signature">
        <div style="width: 330px; background-color: blue; color:
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------090402040803030708000902--
0
Good
8/9/2017 4:36:48 PM
In article
<mailman.1803.1502296640.14894.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
   Good Guy <hello.world@example.com> wrote:
> > On 09/08/2017 14:34, TCW wrote:

[Snip]

> >
> > Oh boy, what was the point release for?

> To keep developers busy.  They are doing it as a hobby so they like to 
> spend as much time as possible on it.

> However, any upgrades is always appreciated.


I think their hobby is doing whatever they can to annoy the Fx Users as
much as they can, then we'll all stop using FX and they can get on with
proper hobbies like Drinking beer and chillin' with friends.

D.

-- 

Dave Triffid
0
Dave
8/9/2017 4:57:20 PM
On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 17:57:20 +0100, Dave Symes <dave@triffid.co.uk>
wrote:

>In article
><mailman.1803.1502296640.14894.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
>   Good Guy <hello.world@example.com> wrote:
>> > On 09/08/2017 14:34, TCW wrote:
>
>[Snip]
>
>> >
>> > Oh boy, what was the point release for?
>
>> To keep developers busy.  They are doing it as a hobby so they like to 
>> spend as much time as possible on it.
>
>> However, any upgrades is always appreciated.
>
>
>I think their hobby is doing whatever they can to annoy the Fx Users as
>much as they can, then we'll all stop using FX and they can get on with
>proper hobbies like Drinking beer and chillin' with friends.
>
>D.

Slowly being pushed to Chrome between their dumb changes and problems
rendering web sites. Right now I use Chrome for known problem sites
and now NoScript got lost. When I go to a site and NoScript has 10+
problems with it.


KenW
0
KenW
8/9/2017 6:27:43 PM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------A6E309C9EC7CBA76FC52ACF5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 09/08/2017 19:27, KenW wrote:
> .
> Slowly being pushed to Chrome between their dumb changes and problems
> rendering web sites. Right now I use Chrome for known problem sites
> and now NoScript got lost. When I go to a site and NoScript has 10+
> problems with it.
>
>

You will do yourself justice if you configure your FF like in this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png <http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png>


I don't get any cookies except from the sites that require them to 
operate properly.  Also, the history and all that crap is deleted.

The browser becomes very fast and the ads don't come in even from 
Microsoft outlook.com.  I have using this setup for the past 3 months 
and I am amazed why I didn't think of this.

In the above picture, make sure you select "Use Personal Settings for 
history" which I should have boxed it to high-light it.




-- 
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer 
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

--------------A6E309C9EC7CBA76FC52ACF5
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FCFBE3">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 09/08/2017 19:27, KenW wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:mailman.1823.1502303245.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org">
      <pre wrap="">.
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
Slowly being pushed to Chrome between their dumb changes and problems
rendering web sites. Right now I use Chrome for known problem sites
and now NoScript got lost. When I go to a site and NoScript has 10+
problems with it.


</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    You will do yourself justice if you configure your FF like in this
    picture:<br>
    <br>
    <a href="http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png"><img moz-do-not-send="true"
        src="http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png"
        alt="http://i.imgur.com/gSv4hy5.png" height="434" width="778"
        border="2"></a><br>
    <br>
    <br>
    I don't get any cookies except from the sites that require them to
    operate properly.  Also, the history and all that crap is deleted.<br>
    <br>
    The browser becomes very fast and the ads don't come in even from
    Microsoft outlook.com.  I have using this setup for the past 3
    months and I am amazed why I didn't think of this.<br>
    <br>
    In the above picture, make sure you select "Use Personal Settings
    for history" which I should have boxed it to high-light it.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:mailman.1823.1502303245.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org">
      <pre wrap="">
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <div style="width: 330px; background-color: blue; color:
        yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align: center;
        margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million devices now
        running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any
        previous version of windows.</div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------A6E309C9EC7CBA76FC52ACF5--
0
Good
8/9/2017 7:59:53 PM
On 8/9/17 2:27 PM, KenW wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 17:57:20 +0100, Dave Symes <dave@triffid.co.uk>
> wrote:
> 
>> In article
>> <mailman.1803.1502296640.14894.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
>>    Good Guy <hello.world@example.com> wrote:
>>>> On 09/08/2017 14:34, TCW wrote:
>>
>> [Snip]
>>
>>>>
>>>> Oh boy, what was the point release for?
>>
>>> To keep developers busy.  They are doing it as a hobby so they like to
>>> spend as much time as possible on it.
>>
>>> However, any upgrades is always appreciated.
>>
>>
>> I think their hobby is doing whatever they can to annoy the Fx Users as
>> much as they can, then we'll all stop using FX and they can get on with
>> proper hobbies like Drinking beer and chillin' with friends.
>>
>> D.
> 
> Slowly being pushed to Chrome between their dumb changes and problems
> rendering web sites. Right now I use Chrome for known problem sites
> and now NoScript got lost. When I go to a site and NoScript has 10+
> problems with it.
> 
> 
> KenW
> 

You do know NoScript is working on or has a Web Extension?

<https://www.ghacks.net/2017/08/06/update-on-noscripts-webextensions-migration/>

-- 
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
8/10/2017 12:36:18 AM
On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
>> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox 
>> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
> 
> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶
> 

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/55.0.1/releasenotes/
0
TCW
8/10/2017 7:22:19 PM
On 9/8/2017 9:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>
> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶

It's available today! :)

-- 
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
   ^ ^   (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10)  Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 請考慮綜援 (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
0
Mr
8/12/2017 3:14:12 PM
On 12/8/2017 11:14 PM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 9/8/2017 9:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>
>> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶
>
> It's available today! :)
>

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/55.0.1/win32/en-US/

-- 
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
   ^ ^   (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10)  Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 請考慮綜援 (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa
0
Mr
8/12/2017 3:25:25 PM
On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
>> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox 
>> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
> 
> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶
> 

And now a 55.0.2.
0
TCW
8/16/2017 1:27:04 PM
On 8/16/2017 8:27 AM, TCW wrote:
> On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
>>> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox 
>>> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
>>
>> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 😶
>>
> 
> And now a 55.0.2.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/55.0.2/releasenotes/
0
TCW
8/16/2017 3:48:19 PM
In article
<mailman.2129.1502895461.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
   TCW <.@.> wrote:
> On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> > On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
> >> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox 
> >> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
> > 
> > Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 #
> > 

> And now a 55.0.2.

Why?

It's like presenting your chin to someone and saying hit me, hit me...
everytime, every update until 57 when the big hit to the groin will
arrive, like it or not...  ;-)

Dave

-- 

Dave Triffid
0
Dave
8/16/2017 5:43:12 PM
On 8/16/17 1:43 PM, Dave Symes wrote:
> In article
> <mailman.2129.1502895461.14893.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
>     TCW <.@.> wrote:
>> On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> On 8/8/17 10:43 AM, Ant wrote:
>>>> Just saw it in Mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 a few minutes ago with Firefox
>>>> v54.0.1's internal updater. :)
>>>
>>> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 #
>>>
> 
>> And now a 55.0.2.
> 
> Why?
> 
> It's like presenting your chin to someone and saying hit me, hit me...
> everytime, every update until 57 when the big hit to the groin will
> arrive, like it or not...  ;-)
> 
> Dave
> 

Why?

Because there aren't enough beta users, that know they are using beta 
and report problems.

I saw an unconfirmed report that mentioned 60% of beta users don't know 
they are on the beta channel. How they don't know, when they get two 
updates a week, instead of one every 6-8 weeks is beyond me.

Why?

See <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/55.0.2/releasenotes/>

☮
-- 
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
8/16/2017 9:01:46 PM
Op 16-8-2017 om 23:01 schreef WaltS48:
> On 8/16/17 1:43 PM, Dave Symes wrote:
>> TCW <.@.> wrote:
>>> On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 #
>> 
>>> And now a 55.0.2.
>> 
>> Why?
>> It's like presenting your chin to someone and saying hit me, hit
>> me... everytime, every update until 57 when the big hit to the
>> groin will arrive, like it or not...  ;-)
>> Dave
> 
> Why?
> 
> Because there aren't enough beta users, that know they are using beta
>  and report problems.
> I saw an unconfirmed report that mentioned 60% of beta users don't
> know they are on the beta channel. How they don't know, when they get
> two updates a week, instead of one every 6-8 weeks is beyond me.
> 
> Why?
> 
> See <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/55.0.2/releasenotes/>
> 

How do I check in Firefox if I am on the beta channel?

Rink

0
Rink
8/18/2017 9:26:26 AM
On 8/18/17 5:26 AM, Rink wrote:
> Op 16-8-2017 om 23:01 schreef WaltS48:
>> On 8/16/17 1:43 PM, Dave Symes wrote:
>>> TCW <.@.> wrote:
>>>> On 8/9/2017 8:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>>> Stayed tuned for 55.0.1 #
>>>
>>>> And now a 55.0.2.
>>>
>>> Why?
>>> It's like presenting your chin to someone and saying hit me, hit
>>> me... everytime, every update until 57 when the big hit to the
>>> groin will arrive, like it or not...  ;-)
>>> Dave
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Because there aren't enough beta users, that know they are using beta
>>  and report problems.
>> I saw an unconfirmed report that mentioned 60% of beta users don't
>> know they are on the beta channel. How they don't know, when they get
>> two updates a week, instead of one every 6-8 weeks is beyond me.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> See <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/55.0.2/releasenotes/>
>>
> 
> How do I check in Firefox if I am on the beta channel?
> 
> Rink
> 

Type about:support into the Address Bar, press Enter loading the 
Troubleshooting Information page.

Under Application Basics it would be Update Channel.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/use-troubleshooting-information-page-fix-firefox>

-- 
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48
8/18/2017 11:41:56 AM
Reply: