Firefox trademark #2

Not sure where to post this so I posted it both here and m.general.

I thought that Firefox was trademarked by Mozilla. If so why does
Phoronix have a program called Firefox?

https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-benchmark-your-linux-system
"Compile Firefox
Firefox is a beast of a program. It's absolutely massive, and it takes a
lot of time and system resources to compile. If you really want to test
your system, especially your CPU to the max, try compiling Firefox.

$ phoronix-test-suite install compile-firefox
$ phoronix-test-suite run compile-firefox"

--
Caver1
0

On 7/16/2018 11:31 AM, Caver1 wrote:
> Not sure where to post this so I posted it both here and m.general.
>
> I thought that Firefox was trademarked by Mozilla. If so why does
> Phoronix have a program called Firefox?
>
> https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-benchmark-your-linux-system
> "Compile Firefox
> Firefox is a beast of a program. It's absolutely massive, and it takes a
> lot of time and system resources to compile. If you really want to test
> your system, especially your CPU to the max, try compiling Firefox.
>
> $ phoronix-test-suite install compile-firefox
> $ phoronix-test-suite run compile-firefox"

I think they mean "try compiling Firefox yourself". Not "try compiling
our program Firefox".
0
TCW
7/16/2018 4:37:56 PM
On 7/16/2018 12:31 PM, Caver1 wrote:
> Not sure where to post this so I posted it both here and m.general.
>
> I thought that Firefox was trademarked by Mozilla. If so why does Phoronix
> have a program called Firefox?
>
> https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-benchmark-your-linux-system
> "Compile Firefox
> Firefox is a beast of a program. It's absolutely massive, and it takes a
> lot of time and system resources to compile. If you really want to test
> your system, especially your CPU to the max, try compiling Firefox.
>
> $ phoronix-test-suite install compile-firefox
> $ phoronix-test-suite run compile-firefox"

As best I can tell, they do not "have" a program called FireFox. They have
a test suite which, as one of its tests, compiles the freely-avaiable
Firefox source code into an executable and documents how it loads the
system under test. You can, yourself, download the FireFox source code,
modify it as you wish, and then compile it on your own system but that does
not mean that you "own" then name FireFox.
0
John
--------------000603020004020105070208

On 16/07/2018 17:31, Caver1 wrote:
> Not sure where to post this so I posted it both here and m.general.
>
> I thought that Firefox was trademarked by Mozilla. If so why does
> Phoronix have a program called Firefox?
>
> https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-benchmark-your-linux-system
> "Compile Firefox
> Firefox is a beast of a program. It's absolutely massive, and it takes
> a lot of time and system resources to compile. If you really want to
> test your system, especially your CPU to the max, try compiling Firefox.
>
> $ phoronix-test-suite install compile-firefox
> $ phoronix-test-suite run compile-firefox"

I don't have an answer for you about why they are encouraging people to
compile FF when it has already been compiled for various platforms.
However, if you want any legal answers or want to report misuse of
Firefox trademarks etc then please go to this page:

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/legal/fraud-report/>

This is not the place <m.s.firefox> to discuss.  General is fine as far
as I can see.

Good luck.

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

--------------000603020004020105070208

  <head>
  </head>
cite="mid:mailman.173.1531758699.17372.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">Not sure where to post this so I posted it both here
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-benchmark-your-linux-system">https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-benchmark-your-linux-system</a>
      "Compile Firefox
      Firefox is a beast of a program. It's absolutely massive, and it
      takes a lot of time and system resources to compile. If you really
      want to test your system, especially your CPU to the max, try
      compiling Firefox.
      $ phoronix-test-suite install compile-firefox
      $ phoronix-test-suite run compile-firefox"
    I don't have an answer for you about why they are encouraging people
    to compile FF when it has already been compiled for various
    platforms.  However, if you want any legal answers or want to report
    misuse of Firefox trademarks etc then please go to this page:<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/legal/fraud-report/">&lt;https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/legal/fraud-report/&gt;</a><br>
    This is not the place &lt;m.s.firefox&gt; to discuss.  General is
    fine as far as I can see.<br>
    Good luck.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 950 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------000603020004020105070208--
0
UTF