firefox / secure connexion problem

I am writing  with what might be a problem to many firefox users

here are the symptoms doctor!:

two weeks ago i noticed that i couldn't log on to my ebay account. At
first i thought it was a ebay problem.the i tried with IE and noticed
it was working but i kept thinking  it was a temporary ebay/firefox
compatibilty problem

Than last week i could not log  anymore to my gmail account or my
banking online site , to generalize everything that uses secure
session.

i have been looking on the forum and found some  directive  such as:
clear the cache , the cookies,
check some settings
creating a new profile which did not work neither.
I decided to delete this new profile and after i have done that i had
the following error message  when trying to launch firefox

''Firefox is already running , but is not responding. To open a new
window, you must first close the close the existing Firefox process,
or
restart your system''

Stop! i decided to restore  my system  back  when it used to work

After that i was unable to launch my firefox , nothing happened when i
clicked on the icon.

Next step was uninstall and re install firefox. i am now able to lunch
firefox  but gmail , ebay... etc are not working  and i have lost all
my bookmarks( i am trying not to cry at this point!)
I don't know anymore what to do ...

please help me i do not want to use IE!!!!!!!!!

hope to hear from you

Bastien , a firefox lover

0
Bastien31
11/7/2007 11:31:13 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23964 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

On 11/7/2007 3:31 PM, Bastien31 wrote:
> I am writing  with what might be a problem to many firefox users
>
> here are the symptoms doctor!:
>
> two weeks ago i noticed that i couldn't log on to my ebay account. At
> first i thought it was a ebay problem.the i tried with IE and noticed
> it was working but i kept thinking  it was a temporary ebay/firefox
> compatibilty problem
>
> Than last week i could not log  anymore to my gmail account or my
> banking online site , to generalize everything that uses secure
> session.
>
> i have been looking on the forum and found some  directive  such as:
> clear the cache , the cookies,
> check some settings
> creating a new profile which did not work neither.
> I decided to delete this new profile and after i have done that i had
> the following error message  when trying to launch firefox
>
> ''Firefox is already running , but is not responding. To open a new
> window, you must first close the close the existing Firefox process,
> or
> restart your system''
>
> Stop! i decided to restore  my system  back  when it used to work
>
> After that i was unable to launch my firefox , nothing happened when i
> clicked on the icon.
>
> Next step was uninstall and re install firefox. i am now able to lunch
> firefox  but gmail , ebay... etc are not working  and i have lost all
> my bookmarks( i am trying not to cry at this point!)
> I don't know anymore what to do ...
>

> please help me i do not want to use IE!!!!!!!!!
>
> hope to hear from you
>
> Bastien , a firefox lover

You might try:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website

--
Irwin

Irwin
11/9/2007 1:50:11 AM
On Nov 9, 2:50 am, Irwin Greenwald <oi...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
> On 11/7/2007 3:31 PM, Bastien31 wrote:
>

> > I am writing  with what might be aproblemto manyfirefoxusers
>
> > here are the symptoms doctor!:
>
> > two weeks ago i noticed that i couldn't log on to my ebay account. At
> > first i thought it was a ebayproblem.the i tried with IE and noticed
> > it was working but i kept thinking  it was a temporary ebay/firefox
> > compatibiltyproblem
>
> > Than last week i could not log  anymore to my gmail account or my
> > banking online site , to generalize everything that usessecure
> >session.
>
> > i have been looking on the forum and found some  directive  such as:
> > clear the cache , the cookies,
> > check some settings
> > creating a new profile which did not work neither.
> > I decided to delete this new profile and after i have done that i had
> > the following error message  when trying to launchfirefox
>
> > ''Firefoxis already running , but is not responding. To open a new
> > window, you must first close the close the existingFirefoxprocess,
> > or
> > restart your system''
>
> > Stop! i decided to restore  my system  back  when it used to work
>
> > After that i was unable to launch myfirefox, nothing happened when i
> > clicked on the icon.
>
> > Next step was uninstall and re installfirefox. i am now able to lunch
> >firefox but gmail , ebay... etc are not working  and i have lost all
> > my bookmarks( i am trying not to cry at this point!)
> > I don't know anymore what to do ...
>
> > please help me i do not want to use IE!!!!!!!!!
>
> > hope to hear from you
>
> > Bastien , afirefoxlover
>
> You might try:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website
>
> --
> Irwin
>
> Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
> Knowledge Base:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page- Hide quoted text -

i tried everything there but nothing seems to work ... now i am unable
to log in to my Skype !!! what a hell is going on!

0
Bastien31
11/14/2007 4:48:56 AM
On 11/13/2007 8:48 PM, Bastien31 wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2:50 am, Irwin Greenwald <oi...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
>> You might try:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website
>>
>> --
>> Irwin
>>
>> Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
>> Knowledge Base:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page- Hide quoted text -

> i tried everything there but nothing seems to work ... now i am unable
> to log in to my Skype !!! what a hell is going on!

All I can suggest is you look at:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_(Firefox)
http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Lost%20Bookmarks

--
Irwin

Irwin
11/14/2007 7:53:10 AM
Bastien31 wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2:50 am, Irwin Greenwald <oi...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
>> On 11/7/2007 3:31 PM, Bastien31 wrote:
>>

>>> I am writing  with what might be aproblemto manyfirefoxusers
>>> here are the symptoms doctor!:
>>> two weeks ago i noticed that i couldn't log on to my ebay account. At
>>> first i thought it was a ebayproblem.the i tried with IE and noticed
>>> it was working but i kept thinking  it was a temporary ebay/firefox
>>> compatibiltyproblem
>>> Than last week i could not log  anymore to my gmail account or my
>>> banking online site , to generalize everything that usessecure
>>> session.
>>> i have been looking on the forum and found some  directive  such as:
>>> clear the cache , the cookies,
>>> check some settings
>>> creating a new profile which did not work neither.
>>> I decided to delete this new profile and after i have done that i had
>>> the following error message  when trying to launchfirefox
>>> ''Firefoxis already running , but is not responding. To open a new
>>> window, you must first close the close the existingFirefoxprocess,
>>> or
>>> restart your system''
>>> Stop! i decided to restore  my system  back  when it used to work
>>> After that i was unable to launch myfirefox, nothing happened when i
>>> clicked on the icon.
>>> Next step was uninstall and re installfirefox. i am now able to lunch
>>> firefox but gmail , ebay... etc are not working  and i have lost all
>>> my bookmarks( i am trying not to cry at this point!)
>>> I don't know anymore what to do ...
>>> please help me i do not want to use IE!!!!!!!!!
>>> hope to hear from you
>>> Bastien , afirefoxlover
>> You might try:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website
>>
>> --
>> Irwin
>>
>> Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
>> Knowledge Base:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page- Hide quoted text -

> i tried everything there but nothing seems to work ... now i am unable
> to log in to my Skype !!! what a hell is going on!

Have you changed any firewall rules or firewall lately?  Firefox has to
be given permission to access its security component through the
localhost address via TCP in order to work with secure websites.
0
EE

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox had a problem and crashed there a problem when reporting Firefox errors
Name: jeff Email: bank6666atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox had a problem and crashed there a problem when reporting Firefox errors Comments: Firefox had a problem and crashed there a problem when reporting Firefox errors Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox Security problem
Name: erwu Email: erwuatgo2dotpl Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Security problem Comments: www.hsqvyrpzeh.info/?ubbdoe.jpg this Virus sends this link by polish communicator called "Gadu gadu" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9 ...

Password Security for Firefox (Can future version of Firefox pass all 21 security tests?)
Name: HY Tan Email: elfelleatgmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: Password Security for Firefox (Can future version of Firefox pass all 21 security tests?) Comments: http://news.softpedia.com/news/IE7-vs-Chrome-1-0-vs-Opera-9-62-vs-Firefox-3-0-4-vs-Safari-3-2-vs-Password-Security-100103.shtml Above link is not based on 3.1b2 results but hope firefox can pass all security tests to make it the leading secure browser. Speed is one area but Security is another key area where it will attract more people to switch to most secure browsers with the less loopholes :) Browser De...

firefox 3 beta and firefox 2 problem
Name: Nick Jansen Email: kaspyrdotjansenatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: firefox 3 beta and firefox 2 problem Comments: After installing firefox 3 beta on windows vista home premium, I lost the back and forward buttons on the navigation toolbar and I can't get them back. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Animation Problem in firefox 1* and firefox 2*
Name: alejandro Email: alejodotjmatgmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Animation Problem in firefox 1* and firefox 2* Comments: Hello i from Colombia i am a web developer i work with javascript and php and i know web 2.0, i have 3 years experience. Animation using Firefox 1*, firefox 2* is so slow besides when i push the event button several times it works fine but the animation does not work properly. This happen with this libraries script.aculo.us (http://script.aculo.us/) with framework prototype (http://www.prototypejs.org/) and yui (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/...

Firefox, meet the Firefox
Name: brooks Email: brooksonleyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, meet the Firefox Comments: I don't know if this will go anywhere, but as both a die-hard Firefox user and an advocate for wildlife, I think it should be said.... As you may or may not know, "firefox" is the literal translation of the Chinese name for the Red Panda. Yes, the OTHER panda -- the cute, orange, raccoon-like one, not the big, black-and-white, bear-like one. Here is a link to an article at the National Wildlife Foundation [http://poprl.com/EIb], "Fighting for the Fi...

Problem with firefox 17 security
hi there! i have an add-on that loads an iframe (in the sidebar). i used to declare variables using top.VarName, and then access them from javascript loaded in the iframe (still in my add-on, not in the content of the browser). but now, whenever i try to use top.(VarName), i get "Permission denied to access property" error. (meaning that my content in the addon cannot access any of the ChromeWindow properties). i tried to bypass it but i cant manage to figure out the right way to do it. Any ideas? thanks, Eadan It could be related to this: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons...

Firefox uses Firefox.

Have had this same problem with Firefox 3. Mac does not recognize that this is the Firefox application
Name: JC Email: contactjcchengatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Have had this same problem with Firefox 3. Mac does not recognize that this is the Firefox application Comments: i have a MAC g5 (pre-intel) Browser Details: undefined GoogleToolbarBB From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Problems with Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 beta 3
Name: Pete Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 beta 3 Comments: When updated Firefox 2 to 1.0.0.12 and uninstalling previous version. It also removed Firefox 3 beta 3 from my computer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

firefox still has problems (firefox 2 & 3)
Name: iuri Email: iuri_vieiraathotmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: firefox still has problems (firefox 2 & 3) Comments: 1-On my university site, i can´t access my schedule page using the dropdown menu, nothing happens. 2-On the main page i have some options aligned in horizontal, like: abc def ghi jkl But when i point with the mouse they get highlighted, but they move out of position, and if i run over all those option with the mouse, they go vertical, and get like this: abc def ghi jkl overlapping whatever was there first! I can send som...

firefox companion for firefox
Name: william faulks Email: wf010a4342atblueyonderdotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: firefox companion for firefox Comments: great program, been looking for something like this for ages Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Firefox within Firefox
For a short time now (likely since upgrading to FF 1.5.02) I've noticed that when running a Firefox session, ZA will popup a notice that Firefox -- verified the same exe as the running one -- is "trying to access the internet." This is confusing because it's already accessing the internet, thanks much. However, the destination IP is always along the lines of 206.141.192.60:DNS, which translates to dns1.chcgil.sbcglobal.net, part of my ISP. So I've been saying yes. But I'm wondering why of a sudden this access is taking place, or being questioned, or what...

Problems with security certificates in firefox...
Whenever I got to a website with a security certificate, firefox tells me that the certificate is not valid, but when I look at the certificate, it is still valid. I am not sure what to do at this point, I am using firefox 3.6.12. On Dec 5, 7:52=A0am, Morgan Davies <morgan.dav...@gmail.com> wrote: > Whenever I got to a website with a security certificate, firefox tells > me that the certificate is not valid, but when I look at the > certificate, it is still valid. > > I am not sure what to do at this point, I am using firefox 3.6.12. Ok I figured out what we...

Firefox support forum problem
I am no longer able to log into the Firefox support forum. If I try to log in as usual, or if I use the link "My password isn't working", or "I didn't get a confirmation email", I keep getting sent back to the "Access denied" page. How do I log in now? On 01/12/2012 05:21 PM, EE aliandika: > I am no longer able to log into the Firefox support forum. If I try to > log in as usual, or if I use the link "My password isn't working", or "I > didn't get a confirmation email", I keep getting sent back to the >...

Firefox, and Firefox Portable
Name: Brian Email: silverdragona1ataol Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, and Firefox Portable Comments: Feedback. After several hefty fallouts with AOL, and the complete dogs dinner we are presented with that they claim is worthy of using, be it the AOL9 browser, I decided to try Firefox.... I am very annoyed. Why?... because stupidly, I had not tried Firefox EARLIER.... I have now replaced AOL9 completely on all the family computers with Firefox... I am also TOTALLY bewildered as to how you can get a fully functioning Firefox to run on a USB Flash Drive......... I...

Firefox 0.9.2 connection problem (Firefox newbie)
1. With Firefox installed, the ability to change "Default" dial up or network connections seems to be lost. (Settings | Network Connections | (select one & right-click) | Set as default connection) is greyed out. This means that there is no way of changing the Default Dial-Up connection. (MSIE Options can go through the motions of changing default connection, but it doesn't "stick"). 2. IE/OE dial up uses the Dial Up Connection dialogue; with this, the desired connection can be readily selected, Firefox, OTOH uses the (unchangeable) default Network Con...

Firefox 2: Has anyone else had the problem with blanck pages in Firefox?
Folks, Have you encountered a problem where some web pages show up as a blank page in Firefox 2? I have encountered this problem in earlier versions also. Sometimes when I click on a link and just see a blank page but the View Source shows the text that should have been there on the page. I suspect the Javascript in some pages might be causing this. The offending pages show up fine in IE and Opera. Is there any workaround for this? Thanks! J.S. wrote: > Folks, > > Have you encountered a problem where some web pages show up as a blank > page in Firefo...

Problem with loading security module in firefox..
Hi I am a new member to this group. I am developing a firefox addon for which i am using smart card bundle and the opensc.dll The addon that i am creating has the opensc.dll in the components folder of the extension and everytime the extension is installed, the security module gets loaded into the firefox browser. This works fine during every new installation. But when i close firefox window and try reopening it, i can only see the place holder for the security module but the actual module is missing, which doesn't let me use the smart card. Can i someone help me figure o...

Firefox support forum captcha problem
The captcha system on the Firefox support forum does not work. I try to post a question, am shown a captcha, copy the number I see, and am told, "You have mistyped the anti-bot verification code; please try again. " Obviously there is something seriously wrong with the captcha display procedure. Do you have cookies enabled? We have a similar bug here https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=409835 On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 2:27 PM, EE <nunya@bees.wax> wrote: > The captcha system on the Firefox support forum does not work. I try to > post a question,...

Firefox 1.0.6 and Firefox 1.0 display problem
With Firefox 1.0 I consistently and without fail, on every single page load, had a problem with the page loading to completion in the browser window and then hanging for about 15-18 seconds before I could do anything with the browser, including closing it down or using any of the navigation buttons, including page scrolling. What would happen is that the page would finish loading, display OK, and be functional for perhaps a couple of seconds, and then hang for 15 or so seconds, and then become usable again.. This happened even when I returned to a cached page. It became so annoying tha...

Firefox 3.0 text size problems and Firefox Beta disappears
Name: Rick Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 text size problems and Firefox Beta disappears Comments: I was having problems with Firefox 3.0 that were driving me crazy. I increased the size of the text in Firefox 3.0 using ctrl+ to get it perfect for me but it kept defaulting back to what i had it on previously every time I would click a link...very irritating to keep changing it back every 60 seconds or less so I downloaded the beta and loved it. It fixed the problem. However, that night while I was sleeping somehow the 3.0 downloaded an upgrade, the 3.0 ...

Web resources about - firefox / secure connexion problem - mozilla.support.firefox

The Connexion - The Newspaper for English-Speakers in France
Last updated: Wed 23 May 2012 HOME ABOUT US CONTACT US HELPGUIDES ARCHIVES BACK ISSUES VERSION FRANCAISE SUBSCRIBE ADVERTISE WITH US PROPERTY ...

Connexions South London - Londons Dating Site
According to statistics, it has been seen the there have been many cases where home burglary in London could have been easily avoided with the ...

Connexion by Boeing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connexion by Boeing (CBB) was an in-flight online internet connectivity service from Boeing . This service allowed travellers to access a high-speed ...

Connexions and Contradictions
Ontario: http://www.northernlife.ca/news/localNews/2012/05/22-forest-fire-season-sudbury.aspx It's not even the first day of summer yet, and ...

Connexion à Stack Overflow Careers - Stack Overflow Careers 2.0
Please enter a user name Please enter a password Sorry, we could not log you in with that user name and password. Try again? Please enter ...

Contact Groups Management, Group Email - Connexions on the App Store on iTunes
Get Contact Groups Management, Group Email - Connexions on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Telenor Connexion Expands Machine-to-Machine Services Using Cisco IP NGN Infrastructure
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 9, 2010 Cisco today announced that it is working with Telenor Connexion, a wholly owned subsidiary of Telenor Group ...

Material ConneXion's New Book Series Offers a Handy Guide to the Latest and Greatest Material Innovations ...
... or reference, sometimes it's nice to peruse the information in print. Short of actually including samples of ABS, flyknit, etc., Material ConneXion ...

Boeing disconnecting Connexion
Business travelers especially those who regularly fly long-haul international routes are not gonna be happy about this one: after reviewing ...

conneXions (2)
Structure:Data live coverage On March 21 and 22, at Structure:Data, we'll look at how companies like @WalmartLabs, IBM, and PayPal... 7 stories ...