firefox saved passwords help :(

Hi all!

I hope that you can help me or at least let me know who should I
contact for help,

I use Mac OSX, and Firefox...

About a month ago, I saved a username and password for a website in
Firefox/Preferences/Security/Saved passwords...

But then after a week I deleted it

After a month I realized that I actually need those info, but there is
no way to recover them from the website...so now I was thinking to see
if somehow Mozilla still has them somewhere in memory on my
computer...I tried to find in ApplicationData/Firefox/Profile...but
there are just bunch of strange files.

Please let me know if this is possibe, I am afraid to download any
programs from the net cause I'm afraid they are spam and password
crackers

Thank you!

-1
tzdsc
1/29/2011 11:54:27 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23488 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On 11-01-29 6:54 PM, tzdsc wrote:
> I use Mac OSX, and Firefox...
>
> About a month ago, I saved a username and password for a website in
> Firefox/Preferences/Security/Saved passwords...
>
> But then after a week I deleted it
>
> After a month I realized that I actually need those info, but there is
> no way to recover them from the website...so now I was thinking to see
> if somehow Mozilla still has them somewhere in memory on my
> computer...I tried to find in ApplicationData/Firefox/Profile...but
> there are just bunch of strange files.
>
> Please let me know if this is possibe, I am afraid to download any
> programs from the net cause I'm afraid they are spam and password
> crackers

The only way to recover that data from Firefox is if you have a backup.
Because you're on Mac OS 10.5, I'll assume you use Time Machine, so
here's how:

1. In Firefox, go to Help-->Troubleshooting_Information, and in the
resulting page, click on [Show in Finder]. That will open a Finder
window in your profile folder.
2. Quit Firefox.
3. Start Time Machine.
4. From a time period which you think the data you need is in your
Firefox profile, restore the files "key3.db" and "signons.sqlite".

That should restore your password manager data.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris

"Chris Ilias" <nmo2@ilias.ca> wrote in message news:EdGdnS2Qg8wBV9nQnZ2dnUVZ_t6dnZ2d@mozilla.org...
> On 11-01-29 6:54 PM, tzdsc wrote:
>> I use Mac OSX, and Firefox...
>>
>> About a month ago, I saved a username and password for a website in
>> Firefox/Preferences/Security/Saved passwords...
>>
>> But then after a week I deleted it
>>
>> After a month I realized that I actually need those info, but there is
>> no way to recover them from the website...so now I was thinking to see
>> if somehow Mozilla still has them somewhere in memory on my
>> computer...I tried to find in ApplicationData/Firefox/Profile...but
>> there are just bunch of strange files.
>>
>> Please let me know if this is possibe, I am afraid to download any
>> programs from the net cause I'm afraid they are spam and password
>> crackers
>
> The only way to recover that data from Firefox is if you have a backup.
> Because you're on Mac OS 10.5, I'll assume you use Time Machine, so
> here's how:
>
> 1. In Firefox, go to Help-->Troubleshooting_Information, and in the
> resulting page, click on [Show in Finder]. That will open a Finder
> window in your profile folder.
> 2. Quit Firefox.
> 3. Start Time Machine.
> 4. From a time period which you think the data you need is in your
> Firefox profile, restore the files "key3.db" and "signons.sqlite".
>
> That should restore your password manager data.
>
> --
> Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

I take it that is not a site where you register with your email address
along with your name and/or nickname.   If you used your email address
when you registered there may be an email on that date with more
information,  or the possibility of recovering your password or resetting
by providing your email address and receiving an email back with
a reset password or url  that is only sent to your registered email address.
1
David

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

Firefox saved me again! I love FIREFOX!
Name: richard gauldin Email: richarddotgauldinatsuddenlinkdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox saved me again! I love FIREFOX! Comments: I never thought a browser could actually save me time, and headaches, but, thats exactly what Firefox did! As a Cable Technician, I frequently come across customers who aren't very computer savvy. One particular customer was blaming her poor internet connection and frequent crashes on our cable modem. Turns out her Internet Explorer browser was loaded to maximum capacity with spyware and even after she ran several spyware cleanin...

Firefox saved me! Thank God for Firefox!!!
Name: Trevor Fayas Email: trevorfayasatsonicandpalsdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox saved me! Thank God for Firefox!!! Comments: I'm exhuasted, and wasn't thinking. I saw in my email an unpaid for item reminder (one of my items i didn't pay for yet because we are paying when we go to get the item). I didn't look to see if it was a scam site, and was about to type in my username and password for ebay, but Firefox poped up, stopped me from typing everything and told me this was most likely a scam, and it was. Thank you for your security, even comput...

Firefox does not save all passwords
I just started using Firefox as my main browser. A great feature is that it saves the log in information (user name and password) for most sites. But there are quite a few sites where Firefox does not save the log in information (e.g. American Express). Why is it? Is there anyway to manually save the log in information? Thanks. tenplay wrote: > I just started using Firefox as my main browser. A great feature is > that it saves the log in information (user name and password) for most > sites. But there are quite a few sites where Firefox does not save the >...

FireFox no saving Passwords.
What do I need to set in about config in FF2.0.0.11 to make FF save passwords. It will abide by passwords already entered but if you change a password and the remove the listing to reset It won't save the password. No problems in SM 1.1.7 -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9...

Firefox Saved Passwords
Name: Ashley Hoskins Email: ash-hoskathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Saved Passwords Comments: In the saveed passwords pannel other people are able to view your passwords. I think you should be able to set a password to be able to view your saved passwords. Otherwise someone could just load up Firefox open the Options pannel click Show Passwords and get access to everything you have on the internet. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.moz...

Firefox b99(Preview Build)- Closing firefox without saving saves authentication cookies from Gmail and Twitter
Name: Scott R Email: sriddle27atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox b99(Preview Build)- Closing firefox without saving saves authentication cookies from Gmail and Twitter Comments: After closing firefox while logged into to gmail and opening it again i found i was able to enter the gmail url and my session would still be active. There may be another cause for this, however i noticed there was a hanging firefox process still running in the background, probably keeping the session alive. OS: Windows Vista 64 bit FF: Preview Build Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (W...

Firefox Help as Firefox-->1.0...
It was suggested to me by fantasai that I post some info on Firefox Help to n.p.m.documentation (and I figure n.p.m.l10n wouldn't hurt, either, as a heads-up for changes that localizers will be working through ;-) ). I originally made the post to aviary@m.o, not thinking that it would be useful here as well. As of a couple weeks ago, aviary@m.o is world-readable, but given that it hasn't really been publicized as such I should have remembered that here would be the ideal place to post. Anyways, the state of (built-in) Firefox Help is as follows (slightly edited from original so as t...

Help with Firefox Help
Us there a way to get useful information? I searched for ->remove disabled plugin<- and got 254 responses, not one of which (of the 50 or so I have checked) includes the word "remove: in any context, many make no mention of "disabled" ....... -- Idioten aangeboden. Gratis af te halen. h/t Dagelijkse Standaard ICBM Data: http://g.co/maps/e5gmy On 10/07/2011 09:42 PM, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote: > Us there a way to get useful information? > > I searched for ->remove disabled plugin<- and got 254 responses, not one > of which (of t...

Help for FireFox Help
I'm using FF 9. Can any point me to getting help with FireFox Help web pages? FYI, it won't let me ask a question on something I can't find an answer for in the FAQs & forums unless I sign in. It won't let me sign in as it doesn't recognize my password. It won't send me a new password (nothing appears in my various inboxes.) It won't let me register new because I'm already registered. Oi! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- I am Abby Sale - in Raleigh, North Carolina Skate free or ...

Error when firefox asks to save entered password/username and entered password is empty
Name: Palm Kevin Email: palmdotkevinatgmxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Error when firefox asks to save entered password/username and entered password is empty Comments: When firefox asks to save entered password/username and entered password is empty (toolbar that appears on top of page after the user/pwd has been entered) than the following unnormal beahiour occurs: When click on remember, bar doesn't dissapear! and next time I go to this page user/password have not been saved! I'd like Firefox to always remember entered username and passord (empty in this case) ...

firefox companion for firefox
Name: william faulks Email: wf010a4342atblueyonderdotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: firefox companion for firefox Comments: great program, been looking for something like this for ages Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Web resources about - firefox saved passwords help :( - mozilla.support.firefox

Password strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password in resisting guessing and brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates ...

California Employers, College Administrators Can’t Ask For Facebook Passwords
As the link between Facebook usage and work comes under closer scrutiny, several states have made it a law that employers cannot request social ...

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

Google trials replacing passwords with smartphones
Tech giant is trialling password-less account login with select users.

How to view saved Wi-Fi passwords in Windows 10, Android and iOS
So many stores, service stations, coffee shops, pubs and so on offer free Wi-Fi that you probably have countless networks saved on your phone ...

Google is testing a bold new idea for killing passwords
Google wants to see passwords die just as much as the rest of us do, which is why it's spent years coming up with wild experiments for new protocols ...

Google tests password-free logins
Google has confirmed it is testing a way for users to log in to its services using just their smartphone and no password.

2015 trends: The evolution of password security
Why you should get on board with fingerprint sensors and two-factor authentication.

Google tries again to kill the password, tests new auth idea via your phone
Google is testing a new authentication method. In a bid to get rid of the password, la GOOG will instead pop up a prompt on your phone, asking ...