FireFox no saving Passwords.

What do I need to set in about config in FF2.0.0.11 to make FF save
passwords. It will abide by passwords already entered but if you change
a password and the remove the listing to reset It won't save the password.

No problems in SM 1.1.7
Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9               Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.10
-1
Phillip
12/4/2007 5:28:58 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23575 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
> What do I need to set in about config in FF2.0.0.11 to make FF save
> passwords. It will abide by passwords already entered but if you change
> a password and the remove the listing to reset It won't save the password.
>
> No problems in SM 1.1.7

try Tools, Options, Security, and under Passwords, check the
first box about remembering passwords.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
1
Peter
12/4/2007 5:42:48 PM
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>> What do I need to set in about config in FF2.0.0.11 to make FF save
>> passwords. It will abide by passwords already entered but if you
>> change a password and the remove the listing to reset It won't save
>> the password.
>>
>> No problems in SM 1.1.7
>
> try Tools, Options, Security, and under Passwords, check the first box
> about remembering passwords.

I already have that set I would not have posted question if I hadn't
checked that already.

This is on Mac G4-500 using OSX.3.9 and FF 2.0.0.11 and on

G4-1.67 PowerBook 17" OSX.4.11 FF 2.0.0.11

I would post a small .png image of what I see when I type password in
and try to save. But of course they have set not to post images.

Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com
Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9               Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.10
Phillip
12/5/2007 3:55:25 PM
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>>> What do I need to set in about config in FF2.0.0.11 to make FF save
>>> passwords. It will abide by passwords already entered but if you
>>> change a password and the remove the listing to reset It won't save
>>> the password.
>>>
>>> No problems in SM 1.1.7
>> try Tools, Options, Security, and under Passwords, check the first box
>> about remembering passwords.
>>

> I already have that set I would not have posted question if I hadn't
> checked that already.

how am I supposed to know that.  You never mentioned it.  I
can't read minds, and I've never figure out how to read a
crystal ball.

> This is on Mac G4-500 using OSX.3.9 and FF 2.0.0.11 and on
>
> G4-1.67 PowerBook 17" OSX.4.11 FF 2.0.0.11
>
> I would post a small .png image of what I see when I type password in
> and try to save. But of course they have set not to post images.

there's nothing that says you can't post it else where and
provide a link back.  Try posting it to imageshack:
http://www.imageshack.us/

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
1
Peter

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

Firefox saved me again! I love FIREFOX!
Name: richard gauldin Email: richarddotgauldinatsuddenlinkdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox saved me again! I love FIREFOX! Comments: I never thought a browser could actually save me time, and headaches, but, thats exactly what Firefox did! As a Cable Technician, I frequently come across customers who aren't very computer savvy. One particular customer was blaming her poor internet connection and frequent crashes on our cable modem. Turns out her Internet Explorer browser was loaded to maximum capacity with spyware and even after she ran several spyware cleanin...

Firefox saved me! Thank God for Firefox!!!
Name: Trevor Fayas Email: trevorfayasatsonicandpalsdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox saved me! Thank God for Firefox!!! Comments: I'm exhuasted, and wasn't thinking. I saw in my email an unpaid for item reminder (one of my items i didn't pay for yet because we are paying when we go to get the item). I didn't look to see if it was a scam site, and was about to type in my username and password for ebay, but Firefox poped up, stopped me from typing everything and told me this was most likely a scam, and it was. Thank you for your security, even comput...

Firefox Saved Passwords
Name: Ashley Hoskins Email: ash-hoskathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Saved Passwords Comments: In the saveed passwords pannel other people are able to view your passwords. I think you should be able to set a password to be able to view your saved passwords. Otherwise someone could just load up Firefox open the Options pannel click Show Passwords and get access to everything you have on the internet. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.moz...

Firefox does not save all passwords
I just started using Firefox as my main browser. A great feature is that it saves the log in information (user name and password) for most sites. But there are quite a few sites where Firefox does not save the log in information (e.g. American Express). Why is it? Is there anyway to manually save the log in information? Thanks. tenplay wrote: > I just started using Firefox as my main browser. A great feature is > that it saves the log in information (user name and password) for most > sites. But there are quite a few sites where Firefox does not save the >...

Firefox b99(Preview Build)- Closing firefox without saving saves authentication cookies from Gmail and Twitter
Name: Scott R Email: sriddle27atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox b99(Preview Build)- Closing firefox without saving saves authentication cookies from Gmail and Twitter Comments: After closing firefox while logged into to gmail and opening it again i found i was able to enter the gmail url and my session would still be active. There may be another cause for this, however i noticed there was a hanging firefox process still running in the background, probably keeping the session alive. OS: Windows Vista 64 bit FF: Preview Build Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (W...

Error when firefox asks to save entered password/username and entered password is empty
Name: Palm Kevin Email: palmdotkevinatgmxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Error when firefox asks to save entered password/username and entered password is empty Comments: When firefox asks to save entered password/username and entered password is empty (toolbar that appears on top of page after the user/pwd has been entered) than the following unnormal beahiour occurs: When click on remember, bar doesn't dissapear! and next time I go to this page user/password have not been saved! I'd like Firefox to always remember entered username and passord (empty in this case) ...

firefox companion for firefox
Name: william faulks Email: wf010a4342atblueyonderdotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: firefox companion for firefox Comments: great program, been looking for something like this for ages Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Firefox within Firefox
For a short time now (likely since upgrading to FF 1.5.02) I've noticed that when running a Firefox session, ZA will popup a notice that Firefox -- verified the same exe as the running one -- is "trying to access the internet." This is confusing because it's already accessing the internet, thanks much. However, the destination IP is always along the lines of 206.141.192.60:DNS, which translates to dns1.chcgil.sbcglobal.net, part of my ISP. So I've been saying yes. But I'm wondering why of a sudden this access is taking place, or being questioned, or what...

Prevent saving Password in firefox
I am working on a login page. On firefox, it always provides user to remember the user ID and Password. I want to prevent the browser automaticly remember user ID and password. I can't remove it on coding. Anyone have any idea? I really appreciate. Thanks That is Client side so you can write a Jqvascript code snippet that clears that field .... Offcourse you can disable in browser itself from .... Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Passwords -> View Saved Passwords -> Passwords Never SavedASP.Net Tips & Tricks - Jawad's Blog Thanks. I write a small piece of Javascript. Th...

Firefox, and Firefox Portable
Name: Brian Email: silverdragona1ataol Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, and Firefox Portable Comments: Feedback. After several hefty fallouts with AOL, and the complete dogs dinner we are presented with that they claim is worthy of using, be it the AOL9 browser, I decided to try Firefox.... I am very annoyed. Why?... because stupidly, I had not tried Firefox EARLIER.... I have now replaced AOL9 completely on all the family computers with Firefox... I am also TOTALLY bewildered as to how you can get a fully functioning Firefox to run on a USB Flash Drive......... I...

Web resources about - FireFox no saving Passwords. - mozilla.support.firefox

One-time password - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A one-time password (OTP) is a password that is valid for only one login session or transaction. OTPs avoid a number of shortcomings that are ...

Oregon To Consider Bill Blocking Employers From Demanding Applicants’ Facebook Passwords
The Oregon House of Representatives will hear a bill Friday that would prevent employers from demanding that job applicants reveal their passwords ...

Keeping Passwords Secure
The Facebook Security team has always kept a close eye on data breach announcements from other organizations. Theft of personal data like email ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

Keeper Password Manager gains fingerprint support and more for Marshmallow users
Keeper Password Manager, a great solution to keep your passwords safe, has been updated with support for the new features of Android Marshmallow. ...

Dashlane password manager updated with 3D Touch and iOS 9 features
AgileBits 1Password may be the preferred password management app of many iOS device users (including most of us here on AppAdvice). But the latest ...

Password-pilfering app exposes weakness in iOS and Android vetting process
Highlighting crucial weaknesses in Apple's and Google's processes for admitting new titles into their competing app stores, both companies have ...

InstaAgent app steals usernames and passwords from Instagram users
An app that enables iPhone users to keep an eye on who has been looking at their Instagram account has been pulled from the App Store after it ...

Reasons to never rely on fingerprints over passwords
Touch ID and other fingerprint scanning technologies are wonderfully convenient additions to our smartphones that enable easy mobile payments ...

Some Amazon passwords may have been exposed— here's how to make your account as safe as possible
Amazon has sent an email to an unknown number of users warning them of a potential leak and forcing them to reset their passwords, Zack Whittaker ...