Firefox lacks working as expected

I'm a keen user of Firefox for almost a decade now.

Recently I noticed that Firefox gets more and more into trouble displaying modern web pages correctly, e.g:

* Browserstack doesn't work with Firefox.
* Docker forums don't display correctly in Firefox.
* Firefox brings "indefinite redirection" errors where other browsers don't.

(Just three of the errors I noticed in recent months.)

Google Chrome and (except for Browserstack support) Internet Explorer work flawlessly compared to Firefox.

What's going on at Mozilla?

Do you finally surrender in the battle against Google Chrome?
0
brille1
4/19/2017 11:14:26 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 23858 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

In article
<mailman.1896.1492658341.10544.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
   <brille1@hotmail.com> wrote:
[Snippy]
> What's going on at Mozilla?

> Do you finally surrender in the battle against Google Chrome?

They already have... Did you not notice the recent past obeisance at the
alter of the Chrome...
Without the CTR Addon, the Chromification of Firefox is well under way.

Or as I prefer to call it... Making the browser UI look like a concrete
paving slab.  ;-)

Dave Triffid
0
Dave
4/20/2017 7:01:43 AM
On 4/19/17 6:14 PM, brille1@hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm a keen user of Firefox for almost a decade now.
>
> Recently I noticed that Firefox gets more and more into trouble displaying modern web pages correctly, e.g:
>
> * Browserstack doesn't work with Firefox.
> * Docker forums don't display correctly in Firefox.
> * Firefox brings "indefinite redirection" errors where other browsers don't.
>
> (Just three of the errors I noticed in recent months.)
>
> Google Chrome and (except for Browserstack support) Internet Explorer work flawlessly compared to Firefox.
>
> What's going on at Mozilla?
>
> Do you finally surrender in the battle against Google Chrome?

What version of Firefox? What version of OS do you have? 32 or 64 bit?
Are you video drivers up to date? All these things matter and without
some more information or steps to reproduce the problem, how do we know
it's not just your machine or perhaps your profile is messed up?
0
TCW
4/20/2017 12:42:36 PM
On 4/19/17 7:14 PM, brille1@hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm a keen user of Firefox for almost a decade now.
>
> Recently I noticed that Firefox gets more and more into trouble displaying modern web pages correctly, e.g:
>
> * Browserstack doesn't work with Firefox.
> * Docker forums don't display correctly in Firefox.
> * Firefox brings "indefinite redirection" errors where other browsers don't.
>
> (Just three of the errors I noticed in recent months.)
>
> Google Chrome and (except for Browserstack support) Internet Explorer work flawlessly compared to Firefox.
>
> What's going on at Mozilla?
>
> Do you finally surrender in the battle against Google Chrome?

We aren't Mozilla. Just users helping users.

Do the same problems occur in Safe Mode?

Did you try a test profile?

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems#firefox:win10:fx52>

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

0
WaltS48
4/20/2017 2:27:57 PM
brille1@hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm a keen user of Firefox for almost a decade now.
>
> Recently I noticed that Firefox gets more and more into trouble displaying modern web pages correctly, e.g:
>
> * Browserstack doesn't work with Firefox.
> * Docker forums don't display correctly in Firefox.
> * Firefox brings "indefinite redirection" errors where other browsers don't.
>
> (Just three of the errors I noticed in recent months.)
>
> Google Chrome and (except for Browserstack support) Internet Explorer work flawlessly compared to Firefox.
>
> What's going on at Mozilla?
>
> Do you finally surrender in the battle against Google Chrome?

You could try Opera instead.  It has provisions to preserve user
privacy, including built-in ad blocking and free VPN.  It uses a WebKit
rendering engine as does Chrome.

0
EE
4/20/2017 6:54:39 PM
Please tell us more about the Opera free VPN !

0
Mozillian
4/20/2017 8:13:14 PM
On 4/20/17 4:13 PM, Mozillian wrote:
> Please tell us more about the Opera free VPN !

It's not really a VPN, it's more of a proxy.

--
Caver1
0
Mozillian wrote:
> Please tell us more about the Opera free VPN !

This is the page where you can get Opera, and there is more information
available from there.
http://www.opera.com/computer/

0
EE
4/21/2017 4:09:01 PM
EE <nunya@bees.wax> writes:

> Mozillian wrote:
>> Please tell us more about the Opera free VPN !
>>
> This is the page where you can get Opera, and there is more information
> available from there.
> http://www.opera.com/computer/

I don't think it is really a VPN.
0