Firefox Install Directory Path 1.5.0.8/9 vs 2.0.0.1 and Beyond?

I'm having some trouble with the Firefox 2.0.0.1 Install program's
directory path.

I had the previous version 1.5.0.8 installed to

	C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox

I attempted to install 2.0.0.1 giving it direction to my previous
structure as above but it insisted on tacking on "Mozilla Firefox" to
the end of the install path I gave it, leaving with me a mess
including:

	C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox

I've since uninstalled my 2.0.0.1 attempt and tried updating from the
Help menu.  I now have 1.5.0.9 and the install and directories look as
I'd expect and had hoped.

Will I not be able to overwrite the previous install with 2.0.0.1?
Will Update from the Help menu eventually link to 2.0.0.*?

Is this naming convention (\Mozilla Firefox) also going to preclude me
from neatly installing Thunderbird upgrades in the same Mozilla
directory (to C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Thunderbird) in the future?  I
realise the programs are not tightly integrated as before but you're
still Mozilla.  Or is the marital separation final and you guys just
can't live in the same folder together anymore?

Will

PS -- It's been ages since I've posted on Usenet -- I used to use
email masking conventions like:  WillConway-NOSPAM@earthlink.net to
avoid spam (assuming everyone knew to delete certain text).  Is this
still the practice?

[Posted with Free Agent 3.2. For info, email agent-info@forteinc.com.]
0
Will
1/29/2007 12:49:05 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24319 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

Will wrote:
> 	C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox
>
> Is this naming convention (\Mozilla Firefox) also going to preclude me

well, remove the excess stuff you don't want.  I do, and so does
everyone else who installs it into a different directory, so why can't you?

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Peter_Potamus_Show.html
http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s_search=Potamus&Button_Update=Search&show_id=2778

Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  Thanks
0
Peter
1/29/2007 6:21:40 PM
_Will_ spoke thusly on 29/01/2007 7:49 AM:
> I'm having some trouble with the Firefox 2.0.0.1 Install program's
> directory path.
>
> I had the previous version 1.5.0.8 installed to
>
> 	C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox

I don't recall that ever being the default installation directory. Did
you set that, when you originally installed Firefox?

> Will Update from the Help menu eventually link to 2.0.0.*?

Yes. The major update was planned for this month, but there was a bug
found on the Firefox side; so they've fixed the bug in the already
scheduled version 1.5.0.10 release, and are going to push the update a
couple of weeks after 1.5.0.10, tentatively scheduled for mid-February.

I suggest you wait until the auto-update.

> PS -- It's been ages since I've posted on Usenet

mozilla.support.firefox is not a Usenet newsgroup. :-)

> -- I used to use
> email masking conventions like:  WillConway-NOSPAM@earthlink.net to
> avoid spam (assuming everyone knew to delete certain text).  Is this
> still the practice?

news.mozilla.org is the only place where I use my nmo address, and I get
quite a bit of spam addressed to it. You should also make it possible
for people here to contact you privately. Deal with those two issues
however you wish. :-)
--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

Web resources about - Firefox Install Directory Path 1.5.0.8/9 vs 2.0.0.1 and Beyond? - mozilla.support.firefox

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Researchers show how to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
... showed at the Black Hat security conference. The attack, called an SMB relay, causes a Windows computer that's part of an Active Directory ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...