Firefox graphics stretch and disappear

I'm using Firefox 52.9.0 ESR.  When I scroll down a page that has photos and
or graphics, at some point one will stretch and turn into long vertical
lines.  Chunks of text will disappear also and if I go past this section and
try to slowly scroll upwards, I can get back some of the text but not all of
it.  I might also get back part of a photo but at some point in scrolling up
into the photo, it will disappear or stretch.

I haven't used Firefox for a while and don't have this problem with other
browsers (Palemoon, Newmoon, Chrome, Firefox 47 on a different profile, Tor
based on FF 52.9.0).  It seems to have started when I installed this newer
Firefox 52.9.0 ESR which I'm running on it's own profile.  I just tried
running Firefox 52.9.0 ESR on the profile I use with FF51, and the problem
wasn't there.

Can someone suggest where I can look to fix this problem?  What
specifically, in the profile(?), could make this type of problem occur?

0
jbclem
7/12/2018 1:00:37 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24300 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

On 12-7-2018 3:00, jbclem wrote:
> I'm using Firefox 52.9.0 ESR.  When I scroll down a page that has photos and
> or graphics, at some point one will stretch and turn into long vertical
> lines.  Chunks of text will disappear also and if I go past this section and
> try to slowly scroll upwards, I can get back some of the text but not all of
> it.  I might also get back part of a photo but at some point in scrolling up
> into the photo, it will disappear or stretch.
>
> I haven't used Firefox for a while and don't have this problem with other
> browsers (Palemoon, Newmoon, Chrome, Firefox 47 on a different profile, Tor
> based on FF 52.9.0).  It seems to have started when I installed this newer
> Firefox 52.9.0 ESR which I'm running on it's own profile.  I just tried
> running Firefox 52.9.0 ESR on the profile I use with FF51, and the problem
> wasn't there.
>
> Can someone suggest where I can look to fix this problem?  What
> specifically, in the profile(?), could make this type of problem occur?

Maybe using hardware acceleration?

0
Sjouke
7/12/2018 1:39:49 AM
"jbclem" <jbclem4@charter.net> Wrote in message:
> I'm using Firefox 52.9.0 ESR.  When I scroll down a page that has photos and
> or graphics, at some point one will stretch and turn into long vertical
> lines.  Chunks of text will disappear also and if I go past this section and
> try to slowly scroll upwards, I can get back some of the text but not all of
> it.  I might also get back part of a photo but at some point in scrolling up
> into the photo, it will disappear or stretch.
>
> I haven't used Firefox for a while and don't have this problem with other
> browsers (Palemoon, Newmoon, Chrome, Firefox 47 on a different profile, Tor
> based on FF 52.9.0).  It seems to have started when I installed this newer
> Firefox 52.9.0 ESR which I'm running on it's own profile.  I just tried
> running Firefox 52.9.0 ESR on the profile I use with FF51, and the problem
> wasn't there.
>
> Can someone suggest where I can look to fix this problem?  What
> specifically, in the profile(?), could make this type of problem occur?

You may be seeing what APZ was designed to core:
<https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/11/async-panzoom-apz-lands-in-fire
fox-quantum/>

Look in about:troubleshooting and see if hardware acceleration, or
 other graphics parameters, differ between the two
 versions/profiles.
--
(Remove numerics from my email address)
0