Firefox Forgets Privacy Setting

Each time I start Firefox v57.0.3 (32-bit) I find the setting "Remember
logins and passwords for websites" to be unset. After I set it, the setting
will remain working only until the program is restarted. I did not see this
behavior in previous releases. Is there any way to make this setting stick?
0
Anthony
1/2/2018 10:54:49 AM
mozilla.support.firefox 24284 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

"Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-mail@ahjg.co.uk>:

> Each time I start Firefox v57.0.3 (32-bit) I find the setting "Remember
> logins and passwords for websites" to be unset. After I set it, the setting
> will remain working only until the program is restarted. I did not see this
> behavior in previous releases. Is there any way to make this setting stick?

No such problem here with FFx 57.0.3 (64-bit, Linux Mint build), but I
prefer to keep it unchecked.

Yrrah
0
Yrrah
1/2/2018 2:15:59 PM
On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 15:15:59 +0100, Yrrah <Yrrah-msf@msf.invalid> wrote:

> "Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-mail@ahjg.co.uk>:
>
>> Each time I start Firefox v57.0.3 (32-bit) I find the setting "Remember
>> logins and passwords for websites" to be unset. After I set it, the setting
>> will remain working only until the program is restarted. I did not see this
>> behavior in previous releases. Is there any way to make this setting stick?
>
> No such problem here with FFx 57.0.3 (64-bit, Linux Mint build), but I
> prefer to keep it unchecked.

I just checked a few more Windows both 32 and 64 bit installations of
v57.0.3 and all have the same behavior. Either I am missing some "save"
button or else this is a bug. If a bug, how and to whom to report it?
0
Anthony
--------------000008010900000006010500

On 02/01/2018 15:52, Anthony R. Gold wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 15:15:59 +0100, Yrrah <Yrrah-msf@msf.invalid> wrote:
>
>> "Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-mail@ahjg.co.uk>:
>>
>>> Each time I start Firefox v57.0.3 (32-bit) I find the setting "Remember
>>> logins and passwords for websites" to be unset. After I set it, the setting
>>> will remain working only until the program is restarted. I did not see this
>>> behavior in previous releases. Is there any way to make this setting stick?
>> No such problem here with FFx 57.0.3 (64-bit, Linux Mint build), but I
>> prefer to keep it unchecked.
> I just checked a few more Windows both 32 and 64 bit installations of
> v57.0.3 and all have the same behavior. Either I am missing some "save"
> button or else this is a bug. If a bug, how and to whom to report it?

What does your Privacy settings say?  What have you ticked/checked and
what not?  Can you share this info to us?

You will need to go to:

Tools >> Options >> Privacy - [TAB]

--------------000008010900000006010500

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:mailman.509.1514908385.2364.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 15:15:59 +0100, Yrrah <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Yrrah-msf@msf.invalid">&lt;Yrrah-msf@msf.invalid&gt;</a> wrote:

</pre>
        <pre wrap="">"Anthony R. Gold" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:not-for-mail@ahjg.co.uk">&lt;not-for-mail@ahjg.co.uk&gt;</a>:

</pre>
          <pre wrap="">Each time I start Firefox v57.0.3 (32-bit) I find the setting "Remember
logins and passwords for websites" to be unset. After I set it, the setting
will remain working only until the program is restarted. I did not see this
behavior in previous releases. Is there any way to make this setting stick?
</pre>
        <pre wrap="">
No such problem here with FFx 57.0.3 (64-bit, Linux Mint build), but I
prefer to keep it unchecked.
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
I just checked a few more Windows both 32 and 64 bit installations of
v57.0.3 and all have the same behavior. Either I am missing some "save"
button or else this is a bug. If a bug, how and to whom to report it?
</pre>
    What does your Privacy settings say?  What have you ticked/checked
    and what not?  Can you share this info to us?<br>
    You will need to go to:<br>
    Tools &gt;&gt; Options &gt;&gt; Privacy - [TAB]<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------000008010900000006010500--
0
Good
1/2/2018 5:18:30 PM
On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 11:13:26 -0500, no-mail@ips.com wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 15:52:16 +0000, "Anthony R. Gold"
> <not-for-mail@ahjg.co.uk> wrote:

>>> No such problem here with FFx 57.0.3 (64-bit, Linux Mint build), but I
>>> prefer to keep it unchecked.
>>
>> I just checked a few more Windows both 32 and 64 bit installations of
>> v57.0.3 and all have the same behavior. Either I am missing some "save"
>> button or else this is a bug. If a bug, how and to whom to report it?
>
> I have the same issue with v57.0.3 (64 bit).
> I am also using robo-form v8.4.5.5. If I disable robo-form the box
> remains checked in firefox even with a re-start. Once robo-form is
> enabled the box is un-checked.

That's it. My RoboForm extension add-on says 8.4.3.8.
0
Anthony
1/2/2018 5:43:17 PM
On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 11:13:26 -0500, no-mail@ips.com wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 15:52:16 +0000, "Anthony R. Gold"
> <not-for-mail@ahjg.co.uk> wrote:

>>> No such problem here with FFx 57.0.3 (64-bit, Linux Mint build), but I
>>> prefer to keep it unchecked.
>>
>> I just checked a few more Windows both 32 and 64 bit installations of
>> v57.0.3 and all have the same behavior. Either I am missing some "save"
>> button or else this is a bug. If a bug, how and to whom to report it?
>
> I have the same issue with v57.0.3 (64 bit).
> I am also using robo-form v8.4.5.5. If I disable robo-form the box
> remains checked in firefox even with a re-start. Once robo-form is
> enabled the box is un-checked.

I referred this matter to RoboForm who replied thusly:

"Certain conflicts arose between RoboForm and Firefox's built-in password
manager when saving and filling forms, so we used the possibility offered by
Firefox to block its own password manager to avoid collisions and confusion.
Users are supposed to have either of the two at a time, not both."

Because those two managers will co-exist quite happily after the built-in
feature is re-enabled I will ask RF to reconsider their approach and perhaps
make this behavior configurable.
0
Anthony
1/4/2018 12:18:41 AM
Anthony R. Gold wrote:

> Certain conflicts arose between RoboForm and Firefox's built-in password
> manager when saving and filling forms, so we used the possibility offered by
> Firefox to block its own password manager

I disabled FF password manager because I use LastPass, and don't want
them stored in two places.
0
Andy