Firefox 61 and extensions.alwaysUnpack

OS: Linux / Mozilla Firefox 61.0

In my daily Firefox profile the about:config pref 'extensions.alwaysUnpack'=
 is set to true (has been like forever). Up until and including Firefox 59 =
this worked as expected. Now on Firefox 61 this seems to be removed. At lea=
st that's what I deduce from resetting the pref and seeing that it's no lon=
ger there after a restart. Luckily I keep profile backups, so no vitals bro=
ke when after upgrading to 61 a few extensions (6 out of 28 all-quantum-com=
patible ones to be exact) got (silently) removed from that profile dir.

Trying to check what happened and why ( via regular web-searching, checking=
 MDN, official and unofficial forums) didn't turn up any recent info on whe=
ther nor when this pref got removed exactly. I would welcome all pointers o=
n where I could track down this kind of information. Needless to say, if it=
 might still be possible to keep extensions unpacked without this pref some=
how, that would be golden info too.

Regards
0
glitsj16
6/29/2018 11:47:29 PM
mozilla.support.firefox 24318 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

On 6/29/18 7:47 PM, glitsj16@gmail.com wrote:
> OS: Linux / Mozilla Firefox 61.0
>
> In my daily Firefox profile theabout:config  pref 'extensions.alwaysUnpack' is set to true (has been like forever). Up until and including Firefox 59 this worked as expected. Now on Firefox 61 this seems to be removed. At least that's what I deduce from resetting the pref and seeing that it's no longer there after a restart. Luckily I keep profile backups, so no vitals broke when after upgrading to 61 a few extensions (6 out of 28 all-quantum-compatible ones to be exact) got (silently) removed from that profile dir.

I don't see that pref in my about:config in Firefox 60.0.2 on Ubuntu
16.04. Have not received the update to version 61.0 from Ubuntu yet.

Is it something you added with a user.js file?

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
0
WaltS48