Firefox 60.0.1 And Printing Email Messages Received Through My Yahoo Account

I am using Firefox 60.0.1 with Windows 7, 64-bit.

Lately I have noticed that printing emails received through my Yahoo
email account has become impossible.  For instance, when I try to print
airline confirmations received from Expedia or American Airlines I get
a blank page.  (Yes, the emails are in Printable View before I try to
print it...)

Anybody knows if this is a Yahoo mail problem or a Firefox one?  All
these messages are in HTML format and I suspect some incompatibility
between them and Firefox Quantum...

How do I get around this problem?

--
tb
0

On 6/4/2018 10:07 AM, tb wrote:
> I am using Firefox 60.0.1 with Windows 7, 64-bit.
>
> Lately I have noticed that printing emails received through my Yahoo
> email account has become impossible.  For instance, when I try to
> print airline confirmations received from Expedia or American
> Airlines I get a blank page.  (Yes, the emails are in Printable View
> before I try to print it...)
>
> Anybody knows if this is a Yahoo mail problem or a Firefox one?  All
> these messages are in HTML format and I suspect some incompatibility
> between them and Firefox Quantum...
>
> How do I get around this problem?

I just tried it on my PC (I use same ver FF, but Win10, 64 bit).  No
problem printing a yahoo web mail msg at my end.  However, you didn't
mention if your FF is 32 or 64 bit.  I'm using the 64 bit version.  You
might want to try opening your yahoo web mail account and printing while
using a different browser to determine if the problem is with your FF
installation or with your PC/printer.  Also, try printing to the same
printer both from a random web page displayed on FF and from a different
application, such as a word processor to see if possibly you have a
corrupted printer driver.  Run the printing troubleshooter (Control
Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Highlight the printer that's not
printing, right click to show the dropdown menu, and then left click on
"Troubleshoot").  Sometimes a reboot fixes mysterious problems.  Good luck!
0
Peter
--------------010404030504090405090808

On 04/06/2018 15:07, tb wrote:
> I am using Firefox 60.0.1 with Windows 7, 64-bit.
>
> Lately I have noticed that printing emails received through my Yahoo
> email account has become impossible.  For instance, when I try to print
> airline confirmations received from Expedia or American Airlines I get
> a blank page.  (Yes, the emails are in Printable View before I try to
> print it...)
>
> Anybody knows if this is a Yahoo mail problem or a Firefox one?  All
> these messages are in HTML format and I suspect some incompatibility
> between them and Firefox Quantum...
>
> How do I get around this problem?

Have you tired using a Add-On such as this one:

<https://www.printfriendly.com/>

They have a FF Add-On which you can try it.  With this Add-On, all the
unnecessary scripts are disabled and your document becomes readable and
printable.

Good luck.

--------------010404030504090405090808

  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:mailman.673.1528121277.2160.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">I am using Firefox 60.0.1 with Windows 7, 64-bit.

Lately I have noticed that printing emails received through my Yahoo
email account has become impossible.  For instance, when I try to print
airline confirmations received from Expedia or American Airlines I get
a blank page.  (Yes, the emails are in Printable View before I try to
print it...)

Anybody knows if this is a Yahoo mail problem or a Firefox one?  All
these messages are in HTML format and I suspect some incompatibility
between them and Firefox Quantum...

How do I get around this problem?

</pre>
    Have you tired using a Add-On such as this one:<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="https://www.printfriendly.com/">&lt;https://www.printfriendly.com/&gt;</a><br>
    They have a FF Add-On which you can try it.  With this Add-On, all
    the unnecessary scripts are disabled and your document becomes
    readable and printable.<br>
    Good luck.<br>
          yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:150%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
          higher than any previous version of windows.</div>

--------------010404030504090405090808--
0
UTF
6/4/2018 5:07:40 PM
On 6/4/2018 at 9:07:26 AM tb wrote:

> I am using Firefox 60.0.1 with Windows 7, 64-bit.
>
> Lately I have noticed that printing emails received through my Yahoo
> email account has become impossible.  For instance, when I try to
> print airline confirmations received from Expedia or American
> Airlines I get a blank page.  (Yes, the emails are in Printable View
> before I try to print it...)
>
> Anybody knows if this is a Yahoo mail problem or a Firefox one?  All
> these messages are in HTML format and I suspect some incompatibility
> between them and Firefox Quantum...
>
> How do I get around this problem?

I found this online article:
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-printing-problems-firefox>

Resetting Firefox printer setting solved the problem!  (Third entry in
the article's table of contents)

--
tb
0